Topic: St-Pierre vs. Diaz

St. Pierre vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,794  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,655
  • Post Score: 60

12.13.2012 | 8:19 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 35

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.17.2013 | 5:14 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

And do you respect a person who's too much of a baby to handle defeat and frustration like a man?

Yeah, he speaks his mind, but he doesn't know how to deal with anything that doesn't go his way ... for me that takes away from the respect I have for Diaz ... and I have lots of respect for him ... his work ethic, the way he made something of himself coming from his background and took his brother under his wing with him, the way he fights ... I respect all of that ... but cheap shots, finger flips because you're frustrated that you're losing and have nothing you can do about it, excuses and badmouthing someone who's just dominated you within the rules and disciplines of the sport you chose to pursue (if you don't like wrestling, go box, kickbox or do BJJ) ... that I don't respect.

If you want to make your money doing MMA, respect all aspects of the sport and respect those who are better than you at it, He makes a ****load of money off MMA and could make even more if he'd make a mature attempt to appeal to the right sponsors ... I'm not saying, become GSP, but I'm sure he could get sponsors that are a bit more hardcore if anyone could actually rely on him to give back their money's worth. 

The problem with Diaz is that he's so used to be the outsider who's always pushed aside that he hasn't notice that the UFC has done everything in their power to make him happy and he keeps crapping on them. He's no longer that guy that's pushed aside and not payed what he's worth and if he's not careful in assessing his new status (which is the guy who lost two fights in a row and is no longer "that badboy from Strikeforce who has a chance of beating GSP"), he's going to go back to being that underpaid fighter (or at least payed less ... a LOT less).

* Edited at 03.17.2013, 5:17 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MMAdawgs
MMAdawgs
  • Predictions:  27  |  70.4%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 112

03.17.2013 | 5:52 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong  

Went exactly like nate and benson, just as we thought.

"MMA Fight Analysis, Fight Predictions and MMA Betting Strategy! We have a history of successfully predicting the outcome of many fights! | MMADAWGS.com | youtube.com/MMADAWGS | facebook.com/MMADAWGS | twitter.com/MMADAWGS |"

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,857  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

03.17.2013 | 9:56 AM ET

I underestimated Diaz, as it turned out.

I thought GSP would win at least one round 10-8 - but he didn't.

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

03.17.2013 | 10:09 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Does anyone know what the deal with the wrapps were? Nick and GSP both made some wierd comments about the wrapping of there hands. What was the issue? I was really confused about that.

"here I come to save the day"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.17.2013 | 10:47 AM ET

@Franklin: Shields said he thought there was something weird with his wraps, and that's it. Nothing else came of it and the commission apparently didn't agree that there was anything weird going on.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

03.17.2013 | 10:53 AM ET

They took the wrapps though as soon as the fight was over. Dana mention it at the press conference. Also GSP mention that shields and Nickw ere making a huge deal about it.

I figure nothing was wrong, just Nick camp being Nick camp

skelliher
skelliher

03.17.2013 | 11:01 AM ET

Seems like his camp being his camp overall. Diaz made it a bit of an awkward fight and the one thing that surprised me was GSP looking a bit more fatigued than he normally does. Other than that, he dominated on the ground and mostly dominated on the feet. Diaz convinces his fans he's winning by just absorbing shots and talking ****, doing nothing offensive in return. Sure he bloodied GSP's nose up, but we've all seen how easily GSP displays damage when you connect with him. Condit took more damage than Diaz, but he put up a much better fight. Bloodying GSP's nose with a cross and landing some halfhearted hooks and knees to the body do not make you a champ.

People are going to complain about GSP fighting to six straight decisions, but it is what it is. He fights smart and he's been fighting guys who aren't easy to finish. I enjoy watching him fight because of the way he shuts down the offense of some of the most dangerous guys in the world. And I think he'll be doing it again against Hendricks in September.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232

03.17.2013 | 11:06 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

Props to GSP pretty much how we all thought the fight would play out. His take downs are king. The only bright spot in the fight for Diaz was that one moment in the third round when he was landing some good shots and GSP looked tired but he did what he does and got the takedown when he needed it. I guess I'm glad Nick didn't get the **** beat out of him but still was not a good performance by him. I hope he decides to keep fighting.

* Edited at 03.17.2013, 11:16 AM ET *

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,235  |  71.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

03.17.2013 | 11:13 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

"I'm gonna put the worst beating on Nick Diaz"

******* wolf tickets !

GSP is boring and one thing is for sure after saturday, we won't see Anderson vs GSP...ever. He won't take this fight after he watches the tape of the Diaz fight.

If I'm wrong and GSP gets pressured into it or something Anderson will destroy him. And I sure hope Hendricks does the same...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,435  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

03.17.2013 | 11:17 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 5  

Hendricks vs GSP is gonna be a thing of beauty. War Hendricks.. 

PS. Nick, PAY YOUR ******* TAXES! 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,793
  • Post Score: 273

03.17.2013 | 11:21 AM ET

I honestly thought GSP would stand and showcase his striking skills, Diaz is one of the easiest fighters to hit in MMA. Diaz seemed to break very fast from the take downs and I think that he was out of the fight mentally at the end of the first.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.17.2013 | 1:18 PM ET

@Franklin880088, Dana explained it, Jake Shields was the one that was on "wrap duty" ... he said everything was cool and left and then they decided that someone else also needed to see the wraps (as you do) but by then he already had gloves and tape on and the commission said it was too late so Shields, true to "Cesar Gracie the world's out to get us and everyone is cheating" style, just tweeted some ******** ... ******** that helped Nick get it into to his head that since he wasn't cut by the elbows and GSP hits like a girl the cut must have happened by something suspicious (that's if I understood his rambling correctly) ... but he's not pointing fingers or anything ...

Dana said the wraps were cut off by the commission straight after the fight and given to them for inspection ... to be honest this whole thing is paranoid instigating by dumbass Shields ... nothing really important.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039

03.17.2013 | 1:27 PM ET

Shields lost to a title fight to GSP and is a training partner of Diaz, that makes this even less important and makes it seem like Shields is just trying to stir things which aren't there up.

In hindsight when you look at the fight and how GSP fights and how he fought that fight, it's not like GSP had to cheap or use any strange wraps to beat up and dominate Diaz like he did.
edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039

03.17.2013 | 1:29 PM ET

@flying_frontkick It was a given GSP wasn't going to stand with Diaz no matter how the UFC tried to sell the fight. Diaz trash talking wasn't going to get into GSP's head to the level where he would take the fight in an area where Diaz was an advantage.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088

03.17.2013 | 1:30 PM ET

I figured as much. Also do you know what Nick was trying to get at when he kept bringing up that he was surprised that GSP new that he was trying to get his arm. He stated it like 3 times that he does not know how he new. The way he was stating it though was more to me at least implying GSP had inside information. Did you happen to notice that little comment by Nick?

skelliher
skelliher

03.17.2013 | 2:29 PM ET

Nick is claiming GSP saw an article published on Sherdog weeks ago during a Diaz grappling session. They published photos of him going for kneebars and doing his patented Kimura roll ... you know, the same **** he does in every single fight of his career ... and he's claiming GSP saw those photos and that's how he was able to stop the sweeps and submission attempts. It has nothing to do with the fact that nobody has come close to subbing GSP from their backs ... ever.

SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

03.17.2013 | 2:33 PM ET

lol Diaz still gonna Diaz.

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

03.17.2013 | 2:41 PM ET

God I hope he pissed dirty for weed so we can be rid of him. Nate seems like a cool kid but Nick is such a ******

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

03.17.2013 | 2:44 PM ET

Diaz: "I don't wanna make excuses but- hours of in-coherent rambling about how GSP cheated. Not only has GSP never been in any danger at all when he's in top position but the guy trains his jitz with guys like Renzo Gracie, John Danaher and Braulio Estima. How could Diaz really be shocked that GSP didn't know how to defend a knee bar. Win with class and lose with class. That's a lot to ask in sports though.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,574
  • Post Score: 275

03.17.2013 | 2:46 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I scored the fight for Diaz.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Page 35

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Results: Makhachev vs. Poirier
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Stickland Unloads On Keyboard Warrior Belal
  • MMA Junkie : Logan Paul offers to replace Mike Tyson to fight brother Jake Paul
  • MMA Mania : New And Improved!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video and photo gallery
  • MMAFighting.com : Kevin Holland explains why he turned down Nick Diaz to fight at UFC 302 instead
  • MMA Mania : Video! ‘Diamond’ Mobbed By Fans On Lafayette Street
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Rankings Update – June 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul reacts to Mike Tyson boxing fight postponement: 'I'm heartbroken'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 preview show: Will Dustin Poirier actually finish his story against Islam Makhachev?
  • Middle Easy : Nick Diaz’s UFC Return At 41 Labeled ‘Much More Dangerous’, Given Chance vs. Gunshy Contender
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Gambling Preview: Can Dustin Poirier pull off the upset against Islam Makhachev?
  • MMA Mania : Tyson Vs. Paul Postponed
  • MMA Junkie : Video: WWE champion Cody Rhodes cuts promo for Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302: 'Finish your story'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch WWE champ Cody Rhodes drop ‘Finish Your Story’ promo for Dustin Poirier at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Video! Costa Fails Bizarre Twerk Lesson
  • Middle Easy : UFC 302 Faceoffs: Dustin Poirier’s Final Stand Against Islam Makhachev: ‘The Talk Is Done’
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson boxing fight postponed due to medical advice
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 final faceoffs: Watch Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier’s tense staredown
  • UFC.com : Mickey Gall Is Back And Better Than Ever