Topic: Henderson vs. Diaz

Henderson vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,729  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

08.15.2012 | 5:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Henderson vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 19

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

12.09.2012 | 2:11 PM ET

When WEC was around it was one of my favorite MMA organizations, I got more pumped for WEC then I did UFC. Ive liked Benson since seeing him fight Cerrone for the first time. It's great to see some WEC vets ruling a division inside the UFC. Hope hes champion for a long time. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

12.09.2012 | 2:12 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Agree with every thing you said there...I miss that blue cage...

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

12.09.2012 | 5:40 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

A day later and I'm just shocked at how little amount of credit Benson Henderson is getting for one of the smartest fights in UFC history.

Not only was it pretty much a perfect execution of a gameplan and an extremely smart fight, it was entertaining. That cannot be said for most of the smart fights in UFC history.

"الله أكبرl"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

12.09.2012 | 6:05 PM ET

@Anik Depends on where you go. I've seen several prominent websites with articles making arguments for Henderson to receive fighter of the year.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

12.09.2012 | 7:10 PM ET

Prediction: correct Henderson   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Bendo's use of leg kicks was awesome. The Diaz brothers are notoriously bad with they're legs until they hit the ground and Bendo capitalized brilliantly on that fact.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

12.10.2012 | 1:10 AM ET

Diaz had gave pretty much no resistance to bendo's takedowns. The one thing people forget is Nates horrible takedown defense.
JudoRandori
JudoRandori

12.10.2012 | 1:22 AM ET

Swickotine, what was that about Bendo having LNP being his only shot at winning? You mentioned his having to worry about some, what was it, boxing? from Diaz? Feel free to expound.    :P

* Edited at 12.10.2012, 1:23 AM ET *

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

12.10.2012 | 9:24 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Ok so I had some friends over for the fights this weekend. They showed up late so I had the prelims and the fox card all set up on DVR.

We watch all of the fights get super pumped for the main event and then about 1:30 seconds into the 1st round the ******* god damn DVR stopped recording!!! I was pretty damn upset I can't believe Dish Network doesn't have it record the whole event and just stopped it at 10pm. Needless to say me and my friends were pretty pissed off.

I was able to catch some of it online but from the sounds of things Ben completely dominated Diaz, so congrats to him.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,086  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

12.10.2012 | 9:36 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

@poir, that sux hard. But as a Diaz fan it also sucked to see him lose like that. Bendo was dominant the whole time and basically didn't give Diaz any good moments. Cesar Gracie said in a post fight interview, Nate fought with blurry vision the last 4 rounds. No clue if it's true but his eye looked damaged...

Very good gameplan from Bendo he deserved the victory.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

12.10.2012 | 9:45 AM ET

The blurry vision thing isn't even a very good excuse.  There were plenty of exchanges on the gound in the last rounds, it's not like they were striking at range.  Nate should be able to grappel with a blindfold on if he wants to be a champion, I'll bet Ben can. 

* Edited at 12.10.2012, 9:45 AM ET *

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,086  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

12.10.2012 | 9:50 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Diaz   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Yeah even if it's true the injury happend in the fight, and due to Ben's hands so you can't take anything away from him here. He fought a very good fight.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Page 19

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : White: New UFC Deal Struck Because Saudi Arabia ‘Wanted Power Slap’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Bullet’ Wants ‘Demolidor’ In Saudi Arabia
  • MMA Junkie : 'Thank you for making my life easy': MMA community celebrates Mother's Day on social media
  • MMAFighting.com : Ciryl Gane to carry Olympic torch ahead of 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN 56: Derrick Lewis magic returns and Dana White criticism of main card winner
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara bloodies opponent in first-round TKO win
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley shifts to Gilbert Burns after unrealistic Conor McGregor callout: 'I'm definitely not going to get that'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE, On One Condition...
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE (On One Condition)
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder concerned for Mike Tyson in Jake Paul fight: ‘God forbid he gets hurt’
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Derrick Lewis after UFC on ESPN 56 knockout win?
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor closes door on wrestling, potential MMA career after becoming Oklahoma State coach
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski added to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card at UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Plans To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE While Fighting For UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Bryce Mitchell down with Sean Woodson's UFC St. Louis callout: 'I need some money'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mateusz Rebecki reveals gruesome aftermath of stoppage loss to Diego Ferreira in new hospital photo
  • MMA Mania : ‘We Gotta Get Out Of The Apex’
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 302 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White says UFC plans to hit road more in 2024: 'We've got to get out of the Apex'