Tapology Forums

Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva for 153.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

07.30.2012 | 10:44 PM ET

Just saw this...thoughts?

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Responses Page 5

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

08.01.2012 | 12:18 AM ET

You must think Matt Serra is better than GSP too then...

and don't say the reason you don't is because of you saw the rematch. Anyone should have known when that happened that it was a fluke and that it wouldn't happen again in a 100 fights, sometimes **** just happens.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

08.01.2012 | 12:18 AM ET

ya but GSP did prove that Matt Serra's win was a fluke, shouldn't that mean that flukes DO exist and that they DO happen?

"الله أكبرl"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

08.01.2012 | 12:19 AM ET

^^ exactly my point. 
I don't know why you have to see something with your eyes in order to believe it. Use your brain and analyze the situation and watch the fight and it's pretty damn clear that Okami is a better fighter than Boetsch.
buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

08.01.2012 | 12:20 AM ET

Yes flukes exist. What i said was "you have to prove a fluke is a fluke". MAtt Serra deserved to be champion and to be ranked #1 at the time because he won. Did we all assume he would lose a rematch? Of course, but it still had to go down. You kids don't listen. 

Okami has more skills than boetsch, but whenever i see someone win like that i always feel cheated. Tim's more limited toolbox was able to get him the victory. That to me is valid. 

* Edited at 08.01.2012, 12:22 AM ET *

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

08.01.2012 | 12:22 AM ET

Well you just said because of what you saw Boetsch do, you believe him to be better, well then by that logic you had to think Serra was better too right?

Well, I sure never did. 
Anik
Anik

08.01.2012 | 12:25 AM ET

" Did we all assume he would lose a rematch? Of course,"

Well then what makes that different from Hendricks/Fitch and Rory/Condit? Aren't I entitled to assumethat Hendricks would lose a rematch to Fitch and that Rory would lose a rematch to Carlos "The C-Section Fetus" Condit?

"الله أكبرl"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

08.01.2012 | 12:25 AM ET

I assumed GSP was better than Serra. None of us knew it for a fact Chase, not even you. 

Anik
Anik

08.01.2012 | 12:26 AM ET

Well I'm assuming that Fitch is better than Hendricks and that sorry excuse of a champ Carlos Condit.

"الله أكبرl"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

08.01.2012 | 12:26 AM ET

Anik you are entlitled to believet hat Fitch is better, but no one has to agree with you. Also, until he proves that he is better he is lower in the rankings. 

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

08.01.2012 | 12:27 AM ET

Uhhhhhh The first round Chael dominated the **** out of Anderson in their second fight so Anderson was behind. The fact that you are sure you can pick fights where the heavy underdog made a huge come from behind, but the fact that lets see BJ Penn/Jon Fitch was 20-18 going into the second round I guess makes BJ the better fighter since Fitch came from behind for the draw. I guess Overeem is better than the majority of people when he was at LHW, I guess Sylvia is better than Big Nog, I guess Martin and Akiyama are better than Leben, I guess Maynard is better than Edgar, I guess Lawler is better than Manhoef standing, I guess Mothra is better than Oddsbot, I guess Smirnovas is better than Sakuraba, I guess Lil Nog is better than Shogun, I GUESS BOB ******* SAPP IS BETTER THAN BIG NOG.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

08.01.2012 | 12:27 AM ET

Fitch needs to win a fight to stay #2 if you ask me. 

Anik
Anik

08.01.2012 | 12:31 AM ET

@WishIsHere watch round 2 again and if you/any sane unbiased MMA fan can score that round to BJ Penn...no hope for humanity.

Oh wait, I'm younger than all of you I AM THE HOPE FOR HUMANITY. woohoo, time to fix stupid **** up. First to go, Hendo fans and Fitch haters. Great, now there's no more MMA fans.

"الله أكبرl"

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  244,789  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

08.01.2012 | 12:36 AM ET

Wish beat me to it and I'm sorry for just repeating what he said, but just read it aloud. The closing argument for those who like Anik don't believe in "comebacks" remains that by that logic not only Tim Sylvia was/is better than Minotauro, BOB SAPP is/was better than Minotauro. And Fujita and Randleman are better than Fedor...

* Edited at 08.01.2012, 12:40 AM ET *

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

WishIsHere
WishIsHere

08.01.2012 | 12:40 AM ET

Still haven't addressed the greatest one I put. Sapp vs Nog. Please try to explain why Sapp is better. PLEASE. Penn/Fitch was a close fight and I didn't really judge it myself when watching it because it was that close, but the fact that it seems most people commenting on it had Penn and the PBP had that round even (many 10-10's and split all back and forth) which means Penn was up at least 20-19 according to the majority. The fact that there are many comebacks that I noted where the better guy cameback and won, it's not 100% the better guy loses.

* Edited at 08.01.2012, 12:43 AM ET *

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

08.01.2012 | 12:42 AM ET

I think most of us would agree we don't have to address it... it is ridiculous to think otherwise.  @anik is just wrong here.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

08.01.2012 | 12:46 AM ET

Anik the last hope?

in my opinion this fight will determine either what happened in Fitch's last fight was not a fluke.

if not it will prove that Silva is like I said "a faqing savage" and deserves high praises in the rankings.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

08.01.2012 | 12:49 AM ET

@bennie boy  Correct me if I'm wrong but I recall you saying a while ago that you were pissed at Fitch because he did something ignorant.  Are you still mad at him?

Flukes happen.  Upsets occur.  Anything can happen in MMA.  When Hendricks KOed Fitch, he said he felt like he deserved a title shot because he beat the #2 man in WW.  Then he had a hard time against Kos and many fans here believe he lost that fight.  So, was Hendricks asking for something he deserved?

Obviously, the UFC begged to differ because they made him fight Kos, and now they're making him fight Kampmann.

Anyone who ranks Hendricks above Fitch based on that fight is coocu for coco puffs.  And that includes most folks here.  Of course, most folks here would drop Fitch for any reason because they dislike him so much.

I actually agree with messiah. 

"So why not the winners of the two fights at 154 then MacDonald/Silva for the number 1 contender if they both win?"

Did I just say that?  Something is really wrong here.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

WishIsHere
WishIsHere

08.01.2012 | 1:03 AM ET

I'm actually curious how this is going to pan out, because after GSP/Condit fights we don't know if the winner will want a 6 month break or try and push for another fight to happen 3-4 months after. I hope the winner tries and push for another quick defense so the winner of the Rory/Penn winner vs Fitch/Silva winner doesn't have to wait forever to get their next fight (if it does turn out to happen like that after Hendricks/Kampann get their title shot).

* Edited at 08.01.2012, 1:04 AM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

08.01.2012 | 1:09 AM ET

Some good posts here, some not so hot.  

There seems to be a lot of conversation with respect to Hendricks beating Fitch and that proving Fitch is not that great.

All the time that Fitch was universally ranked #2 for about 3 years, based on wins over Sanchez, Gono, Thiago, Pierce, Saunders and Alves, there was an invisible trap-door under his feet.

That trap-door was the intense dislike some fans had for his style.  Everyone with the brains that God gave all bunny rabbits knew that the first time Fitch lost a fight to anyone but GSP, there was going to be serious problems for him.

And there was.  Even when he drew with Penn, and Penn was ranked near the WW top at the time, no one gave him any credit.  He made Penn look bad in the 3rd round when Penn gassed but all anyone could manage to blurt out was how he couldn't finish a LW!!!  What garbage.  

So while Penn got to keep fighting contenders, Fitch was 'Fitched' and forced to fight Hendricks!  Madness.

So, now Fitch will get to fight someone who everyone seems to feel is a rising rocket.  But if Fitch beats him, no one will go, "Wow!  Fitch beat a great star!  Give him props!"  

Here's the contradiction in this house.  If Silva wins, they all go "Horay!  He deserves a title shot."

If Fitch wins, they will all go, "Sigh.  Oh well.  Silva needs more time for a title shot.  Fitch can go **** himself."

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,174  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

08.01.2012 | 1:23 AM ET

Fitch got caught by Hendricks...12 seconds, that's 1 in a Million. He should definitely be the favorite here...but goddamn Erick Silva is a monster.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Leon Edwards Agrees To Fight Conor McGregor Next After UFC 304, Prefers MSG As Venue
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Themba Gorimbo, Arturo Guillén, UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy Takeaways
  • Bad Left Hook : RANKINGS: Usyk is king of the heavyweights, plus Loma, Berinchyk, more
  • MMA Junkie : Jacob Brennan, husband/coach of UFC's Hailey Cowan, arrested on child sex crime allegations in Texas
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Details Being ‘Swatted’ After Prank Caller Reported He Killed His Parents
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘The Rock’ transforms into Mark Kerr in first look at new film ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • Bad Left Hook : Should undisputed Usyk retire? And how good is Opetaia?: Boxing’s weekend recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Conor McGregor vs. Leon Edwards? Plus, Usyk vs. Fury instant classic
  • Jits Magazine : Ronin BJJ Camp Ibiza Combines Instruction And Location For The Ideal Training Camp
  • Middle Easy : Michael Bisping Suggests Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Rematch; Kamaru Usman Wants ‘Predator’ To Face Oleksandr Usyk
  • MMA Junkie : Cage Warriors featherweight Connor Hitchens dead at 26
  • MMA Mania : Poirier Abducted By Bud Light Genie
  • MMAFighting.com : Cage Warriors fighter Connor Hitchens dies at 26
  • UFC.com : Five Islam Makhachev Fights To Watch
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier warns Jon Jones about Stipe Miocic: 'If you overlook him, he will put you out'
  • MMAFighting.com : Eddie Hearn criticizes Ryan Garcia for ‘most stupid, childish behavior’ since positive drug tests
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor ‘Ecstatic’ After Learning About ‘Fat Rat’ Khabib Nurmagomedov’s Alleged Tax Issues With Russian Government
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen says he's boxing Jorge Masvidal in October as result of recent beef
  • MMA Mania : The Rock Unrecognizable In ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown criticizes Jake Paul ‘trying to be f*cking hard’ talking trash to Mike Tyson: ‘So cringe’