UFC 14: Showdown
- Sunday 07.27.1997 at 11:00 PM ET
- U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View
- Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Ownership: Semaphore Entertainment Group (SEG)
- Venue: Boutwell Auditorium
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States
- Enclosure: Octagon
- TV Announcers: Bruce Beck, Jeff Blatnick
- Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
- Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
- Ticket Revenue (live gate):
- Attendance: 5,000
- PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings:
- Number of Bouts: 9
- Event Pages: Sherdog | Wikipedia
- UFC: Facebook | Twitter | Wikipedia | Official Site | YouTube
Smith vs. Coleman (9), Kerr vs. Bobish (8), Jackson vs. Butler (7), Kerr vs. Horenstein (6), Bobish vs. Johnston (5), Jackson vs. Fryklund (4), Moreira vs. Vaulin (3), Hunter vs. Fulton (2), Fryklund vs. Chappell (1)
UFC 14 Wiki Update Wiki
UFC 14, like the previous event, featured two four-man tournaments in the heavyweight and middleweight (renamed from lightweight) divisions. After Kevin Jackson won the Middleweight Tournament, a monstrously proportioned UFC newcomer and training partner of Heavyweight Champion Mark Coleman, Mark Kerr, won the Heavyweight Tournament with flying colors.
Coleman, meanwhile, relinquished his Heavyweight Championship title to newcomer and professional kickboxer Maurice Smith in the main event of the evening, losing the fight on all three judges' scorecards. Smith was the hwy champ of the newly defunct Extreme Fighting so he was given the title shot.
UFC 14 marked the first event requiring fighters to don protective gloves, which were to weigh between 4oz. and 6oz., during their matches.