UFC 13: Ultimate Force
- Friday 05.30.1997 at 11:00 PM ET
- U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View
- Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Ownership: Semaphore Entertainment Group (SEG)
- Venue: Augusta Civic Center
- Location: Augusta, Georgia, United States
- Enclosure: Octagon
- TV Announcers: Bruce Beck, Jeff Blatnick
- Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
- Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
- Attendance: 5,100
- Number of MMA Bouts: 9
- Event Pages: Sherdog | Wikipedia | The UG
Graham vs. Stepanov , Ortiz vs. Albritton , Belfort vs. Abbott (9), Couture vs. Graham (8), Couture vs. Halme (6), Inoue vs. Alger (4), Mezger vs. Leninger (3), Nilson vs. Hosseini (2), Mezger vs. Ortiz (1)
UFC 13 Wiki Update Wiki
UFC 13 marked the promotional debuts of two of the sport's biggest mainstream attractions for many years to come, Randy “The Natural” Couture and “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Tito Ortiz. Couture went on to win the four-man heavyweight tournament that night, whereas Ortiz competed in one of the lightweight tournament's alternate bouts.
In the main event of the evening, the young Brazilian dubbed “The Phenom” and winner of the UFC 12 Tournament, Vitor Belfort, defeated Tank Abbott with unanswered strikes 0:53 into the fight to become the UFC's brightest young star.
Tito fought at the event and was not paid. This occurred because this would have violated the NCAA rules on being paid as an amateur. Tito was given a shot as he was a protégé of the then famous Tank Abbott.