Tapology Forums

Dos Santos vs Overeem

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

seanok100
seanok100
  • Predictions:  778  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 75

03.27.2012 | 2:25 PM ET

Hey guys,

Do you think this fight will be a stand up war or will fight end up on the ground if one of these guys starts getting the better of the stand up. I think it's possible but to me it will end up with either a knee KO from overeem or big left hook from JDS.

And Cain vs Mir, is it the Cain we saw against everyone but JDS and just dominate Mir or will mir shock us like the Kongo fight drop him and submit him or maybe does mir get rocked and pull off a submission like the big nog fight?

"Stop complaining about the ground game! If you dont like it watch boxing!"

Responses

TidalWave89
TidalWave89
  • Predictions:  3,246  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  116
  • Post Score: 129

03.27.2012 | 3:05 PM ET

No chance JDS/Reem hits the floor, neither one is noted for their takedowns and both have very good takedown defense. As for Velasquez/Mir, I see Cain using his wrestling to keep the fight standing and either battering Mir to a UD or getting the TKO.

"Anderson Silva, YOU ABSOLUTELY SUCK!"

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

03.27.2012 | 3:13 PM ET

I think one of them will hit the floor.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

03.27.2012 | 3:17 PM ET

If the fight goes past Rd1 i think it will hit the ground at some point

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,939  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

03.27.2012 | 3:17 PM ET

I think both fights will end in the first round. And after that there will be a rematch between Cain & JDS for the title...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Cuggy X
Cuggy X
  • Predictions:  1,044  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 157

03.27.2012 | 3:38 PM ET

This is close but I'm going with JDS. I could imagine both guys being hesitant and this going to decision.

"He wont be able to handul my riddum" - Georges St-Pierre

kibj411
kibj411

03.27.2012 | 5:11 PM ET

JDS and Overeem is a toss up for me. All i know is someone is getting knocked out. As for Mir vs Cain, I can see Mir getting beat on but then pulling the sub out of nowhere.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia fight card
  • UFC.com : José Aldo’s Career UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal reveals he made $5 million to save UFC 251 headliner vs. Kamaru Usman
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 2: ‘Let’s see who is going to get the belt first’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker hopes Jiri Prochazka steers clear of UFC middleweight move because 'then we're enemies'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch stock car racing champ take UFC 301 prospect for 120 mph ride
  • MMA Mania : Welterweight ‘Do Bronx’?! ‘That Will Lead To Money, History, And Legacy’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says UFC 304 start time 'just not fair' for U.K. fans
  • Middle Easy : Charles Oliveira Insists He Did Enough To Beat Arman Tsarukyan At UFC 300: ‘It’s Very Complex’
  • UFC.com : Exciting Fighters You Might Not Know | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • UFC.com : Coach Conversation | Alexandre Pantoja vs Steve Erceg
  • Bad Left Hook : Turki Alalshikh targets Wilder vs Anderson on Aug. 3
  • UFC.com : Fighters On The Rise | UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier gives advice to Ilia Topuria after ‘not coming off great’ in booking first title defense
  • UFC.com : UFC Rankings Report | Week of April 29, 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Step up and face that man’: Bradley says if Canelo has any dignity he’ll face Benavidez
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Step up and face that man’: Tim Bradley says if Canelo has any dignity he’ll take on David Benavidez
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan Docked $30k From His Fight Purse After Attempting to Punch a Fan at UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul, Mike Tyson announce two-city press conference tour for Netflix boxing match
  • MMA Mania : US Maintains Level 2 Travel Advisory For Brazil