Tapology Forums

[Insert Deity] Bless the Couture's

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

02.21.2011 | 1:54 PM ET

It's not uncommon for people to follow in their parents footsteps by following the same career path as their parents did. It is less common, yet still not rare that this aspiration to emulate one's parents appears in professional sports. Even in martial arts or combat sports this is not unheard of, just look at the Gracie family. What I find completly amazing and compelling about Randy and Ryan Couture is that they are both competing as professional mixed martial artists at the same time. Not only are they competing but they are both doing so successfully. Randy Couture is a legened in the sport he started his MMA career in his mid 30s and went on to have an amazing career. Ryan who is 28 already (I know 28 isn't young for a mixed martial artist who is new to the game but he's a Couture damnit) has 2 MMA submission victories and currently competes for Strikeforce's Challengers entity. I have yet to see his second fight, but I hear he was equally impressive and dominant as his first. The fact that Randy Couture is riding a 3 fight win streak in a division as competitive as the LHW division (even if he hasnt been figbting the absolute top 205ers) while having a son who is an up and comming prospect is absolutely an incredible thing to accomplish for combat sports, its either ggotta be good genes or something in the water!

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

02.21.2011 | 2:09 PM ET

It is very impressive. Are there any other sons/daughters of professional fighters that will possibly be making names for themselves soon?

"I live, I die, I live again."

thefreeman
thefreeman
  • Predictions:  9,508  |  59.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,752
  • Post Score: 198

02.21.2011 | 4:01 PM ET

Ryan did impress in his second fight and it would have been a much quicker finish if Higgins hadn't shown that he is an extremely tough S.O.B.

Team Tanner
Team Tanner
  • Predictions:  410  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  85
  • Post Score: 67

02.21.2011 | 7:17 PM ET

I'm impressed how good Ryan is doing.  I wouldn't care if he's fighting guys that are 0-10, he's fighting with his Family's reputation & last name on the line.  Talk about pressure... he's handling it very well, imo.

"Believe, in the power of one" - Evan Tanner

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : OUCH! Rebecki Shares Photo Of His Mangled Face
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! ‘Black Jag’ Banks $50K For 12 Seconds Of Work
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Balls got hot again’: Pros react to Derrick Lewis knocking out Rodrigo Nascimento at UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis scores vicious knockout, moons crowd at UFC St. Louis 
  • MMA Mania : Hot Balls Highlights! Lewis Delivers Vicious KO Before Mooning Crowd
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Pulls Off Epic KO, Then His Shorts In Wild Celebration – UFC St. Louis Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Derrick Lewis' KO of Rodrigo Nascimento, wild celebration at UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis post-fight press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis live blog: Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
  • MMA Mania : ‘Black Beast’ Batters Nascimento In Record-Setting KO
  • MMA Mania : Lomachenko Vs. Kamobosos Live Fight Blog, Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 results: Derrick Lewis moons St. Louis crowd after KO of Rodrigo Nascimento
  • MMA Junkie : Derrick Lewis def. Rodrigo Nascimento at UFC on ESPN 56: Best photos
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC 61 results: Jimmie Rivera out-battles Daniel Straus; Mike Trizano wows with 62-second knockout
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko vs Kambosos: Live updates and results NOW!
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis results: Joaquin Buckley thrills hometown crowd with dominant win over Nursulton Ruziboev
  • Middle Easy : Joaquin Buckley Outperforms Nursulton Ruziboev, Calls Out Conor McGregor- UFC St. Louis Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 results: Joaquin Buckley insults Conor McGregor's bloodline in callout after homecoming win