Tapology Forums

BIGGEST ROBBERIES IN UFC HISTORY

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.02.2012 | 10:07 PM ET

Are you ******* kidding me?

Where does Mighty Mouse vs. McCall rank in biggest robberies in UFC history? I think it just might be the biggest.

I think it's bigger than Zombie vs. Garcia and Phan vs. Garcia.

"الله أكبرl"

Responses Page 4

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

03.03.2012 | 12:12 AM ET

Watching the fight I gave Mighty Mouse rounds 1 and 2, Round 1 was close and could have gone either way but I though Johnson had the edge, round 2 was Johnson though still fairly competitive. Round 3 was clearly McCall. So it all hinges on how you scored a razor thin first round. I think that round was pretty even overall but the more significant strikes were landed by Johnson. McCall had a TD but Johnson's sweep negated it so grappling was pretty much equal I think Johnson had the slight striking edge and was the more aggressive fighter and controlled the action better. 1 judge scored rd1 a draw the other 2 gave it to Johnson. Round 2 all 3 judges gave to Johnson and rd 3 all 3 judges gave to McCall. 

The judges made the right call tonight and didn't rob anyone. I think the backlash comes from an overreaction to fight after McCall had the most clear round in the fight. It shouldn't be a damnation of the judges but of their scoring system. I don't like the fight being scored as a whole because it's not fought that way but I'm an advocate of the 1/2 point system. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

brad
brad
  • Predictions:  804  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 104

03.03.2012 | 12:23 AM ET

lol this is classic, I gotta find somewhere to download this conference after.
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

03.03.2012 | 12:26 AM ET

It's kind of funny it was a draw. Every time the UFC does a tournament things get ****** up. The last tournament they had for the LW title ended in a draw. This time they thought they prepared for it and they still wound up with a draw and having to do things over again. So now it's definitely not the biggest robbery ever as some people overreacted. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

xMMA
xMMA
  • Predictions:  9  |  55.6%
  • Forum Posts:  31
  • Post Score: -235

03.03.2012 | 12:27 AM ET

it was a draw,dana white wrote this on twitter:Commission screwed up scorecards Johnson vs. McCall was a draw. Should have been a 4th rd. BRUTAL
joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  242,316  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

03.03.2012 | 12:28 AM ET

This is funny. In the UFC on FX thread I jokingly said that the only way they could have come out with those scores is if the judges ****** up while adding points. It never occurred to me that people who do this as a job might actually be incapable of adding three 1- and 2-digit numbers together.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

***yukken
***yukken
  • Predictions:  168  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 197

03.03.2012 | 6:45 AM ET

I thought the first two rounds were close and could see them going either way.  It's really a matter of what you value in terms of scoring points.  I personally thought DJ won the first two because McCall didn't do much with his TDs in round one, and I don't believe TDs should score a lot of points unless they lead to damage or dominant positions and sub attempts, and I thought the 2nd round was fairly clear for DJ.

That really is the fundamental problem with judging, though; it's subjective.  Unfortunately, there's no way to change that and so there will inevitably be people who disagree with the way certain judges score certain fights.  In no way did I see the initial result as a robbery, and the draw is fine too.  What's really a shame is that we didn't get that 4th round.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

***yukken
***yukken
  • Predictions:  168  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 197

03.03.2012 | 6:47 AM ET

Oh, and the worst robberies both involve Garcia.  Phan v. Garcia I and KZ v. Garcia I.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

03.03.2012 | 8:30 AM ET

TDs don't count in every fight the same way, it depends on the judges. If we knew who the judges were going to be before the fights it would be easier to predict outcomes. MM won the first round, he did more damage and McCall didn't do much with his TD. I called it as a draw even when they announced MM the victor. So, now what happens? Shouldn't be a rematch because they only needed a sudden victory round.

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’