Tapology Forums

In UFC there's no technique, just brutality

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
  • Predictions:  356  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 30

02.09.2011 | 5:00 PM ET

So says Manny Pacquiao advisor:
http://ringsidereport.com/?p=7399

Do you feel that the UFC has taken away fans from boxing in the US?

Absolutely not! You will rarely see a boxing fan go and watch UFC…most likely it doesn’t happen. There is no technique. It’s not sweet science… its brutality.

Dumbass. I hate having to keep hearing stuff like this.

"Break a deal, spin the wheel"

Responses

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.09.2011 | 5:03 PM ET

oh theres technique. i dont think pac mans advisor has watched mma before. for the record, i tend to watch the occasional boxing match. WAR gatti/ward!

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

02.09.2011 | 6:12 PM ET

what an idiot. go fight Maia or Jacare, they'll show you some technique. The boxing is obviously worse in mma, because they have to worry about more than just punching. I guess every sport other than boxing takes no technique? Muay Thai, Jiu-jitsu, judo, etc. take no technique I guess. 

"We Are All One"

kallousklown
kallousklown

02.09.2011 | 6:16 PM ET

the dudes just being narrow minded. dude wont expose himself to anything else.

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.09.2011 | 6:55 PM ET

I just lost whatever little respect I had left for Manny after hearing about him refusing to fight Mayweather because he doesn't want to take a drug test (blood) prior to the fight.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

02.09.2011 | 6:57 PM ET

Someone once said "If boxing is the sweet science then MMA is Quantum Physics"

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

02.09.2011 | 7:13 PM ET

@SoccerKick that is an amazing quote and it was Gus Johnson who said it by the way. I totally agree. I mean it's been proven a boxer can't hold anything to an mma fighter. And I will go a step farther and say that some mma fighter's could actually straight up box and win for sure. I also agree with LynxGuy and I can't believe that Manny won't agree to a simple blood test! In the word's of Jason "Mayhem" Miller: "Don't be scared homie!"

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

02.09.2011 | 7:50 PM ET

@lilspyder I'm not sure we've seen the absolute best fights to say which is better mma or boxing...I'm one of the few crossover fans out there...I want to see an MMA fight between two guys and then those same two guys step into a boxing ring...I'm pretty sure we'd see a split and hopefully it would help fans realize that even though they are both combat sports they're not really comparable.

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

kallousklown
kallousklown

02.09.2011 | 8:17 PM ET

yup, boxing isnt one dimensiol as some might say. its just centralized. 

runrunshaw
runrunshaw
  • Predictions:  4,819  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 138

02.10.2011 | 7:37 AM ET

MMA has 10X more technique than boxing.

I really don't want to sound like a boxing hater but, I've been hating boxing for about 15 years.

Manny is a warrior and i do like to watch his fights but boxing is mostly boring to me. Two guys standing there punching each other in the face for 10 rounds, kind of dumb. MMA ends fights faster and causes less brain damage.

anyway, just my opinion.     

"R18"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.10.2011 | 9:26 AM ET

All people like him are doing is trying to save boxing. Why do you think Mayweather and Toney have been calling out MMA for so long, i'm shocked Toney actually did it and Mayweather hasn't said a word since Toney was ****. Boxing is isn't just on a decline anymore, it's on it's last breathe, the only thing keeping boxing alive right now is Manny Pacquiano and he's pushing the billet for the death of boxing even more by denying a blood test for a fight. I love Manny, he's the only one i will watch, but it makes a guy wonder at the same time......

GSP_SPIDER126
GSP_SPIDER126
  • Predictions:  2,915  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 67

02.10.2011 | 4:34 PM ET

BOXING

I watched boxing for years and there were some great fights but once MMA burst on the scene there was no question MMA rules for technique and all around excitement.

Boxing technique = you throw one then i will throw one and oh yeah ont forget to duck

"*Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience""

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

02.10.2011 | 5:26 PM ET

It's laughable any time someone says there is not technique in MMA. He's either ignorant or just made because MMA is becoming the dominate combat sport in the US. It's not MMA's fault boxing is losing it's audience they did it to themselves. Boxing got to a point with these overpriced fighters who were coddled to a championship and no promoter wants their fighter to lose so they don't face each other. They started focusing on big money fights without care for the future and they failed to continue to build legit contenders. So once those handful of big money fights were done and the champs retired there was no one left to make money on.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,719  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

02.11.2011 | 10:45 AM ET

Used to love boxing and now i love boxing highlights and watch as much mma as i have time for.
Boxing can be exciting and i can get nicely worked up in a good match but its just not as exciting as it used to be.  I was a tyson fan, i loved the explosion that came almost whenever he got near a ring. I enjoy kick boxing and K1 but i have a hard time sitting through an event now.  Ill watch highlight videos and totally enjoy them tho.
MMA having the dimensions that it does, i never know whats going to happen.  As anyone on her can see my picks are slightly on the losing side.  Thats what i find exciting.  The more i learn about whats happening the more i want to learn and the more it makes me want to go back and rewatch fights from the past.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171
  • Post Score: 104

02.11.2011 | 5:19 PM ET

They just judge the boxing part of mma and of course thats going to be less technical than it is in Boxing. Like somebody already said you have so many other things to worry about besides being punched.

About Manny not wanting to do the drug test, from what I understand Mayweather wanted him to do additional blood test the day before the fight and Pacquio said no to the extra test but was still willing to submit to the required test from the athletic commission. So unless I read some misinformation I don't think there is anything wrong with Pacquio refusing the test.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: 2024 total passes $3 million
  • MMA Mania : UFC 302 PPV Finalized With New Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : This week’s boxing streaming and TV schedule
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Mania : ‘Yeah, It’s Way Over 20 Million’
  • MMA Mania : Sooo ... About Last Night
  • Jits Magazine : Flavio Almeida Promoted To 6th Degree BJJ Black Belt
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Asia And Oceania Trials 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis post-fight show: Reaction to Lewis’ big finish, Buckley’s win and McGregor callout
  • Bad Left Hook : Vasiliy Lomachenko stops George Kambosos to win IBF belt
  • MMA Mania : Liver Shot KO! Lomachenko Styles On Kambosos For Masterclass Win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Is This Guy For Real?!?’
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White praises Joaquin Buckley's UFC on ESPN 56 win, but shuts down his Conor McGregor request
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Lomachenko vs. Kambosos ring announcer completely bungle co-main event fight result
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch ring announcer completely bungle fight result for Lomachenko vs. Kambosos co-main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko vs Kambosos: Live updates and results
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 bonuses: 12-second winner is a $50K no-brainer
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis bonuses: Trey Waters, Billy Goff take home Fight of the Night following epic war