Tapology Forums

Since Condit Vs. Diaz ll Isn't happening...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

02.10.2012 | 1:40 AM ET

Who do you guys think Condit's next first Title defense will be against?
The way i see it the options are Koscheck, Hendricks, and the winner of the Ellenberger/Sanchez fight.
I personally think as of now the best option is Koscheck however i can see why the UFC may not want to make that fight. This will probably be the only fight that happens before GSP comes back and considering the fact that GSP has already fought and dominated Koscheck twice i could see why the UFC wouldn't want to put a third fight on.
Hendricks is riding a 3 fight winning streak and actually has only lost one fight in his career and he has fought some pretty big named opponents most notably Jon Fitch Via a First Round KO. He's a young um and coming much like Condit and i think this could be a very interesting fight.
Jake Ellenberger is on a 5 fight win streak and if he beats Sanchez (which i think he will) that will make it 6. His most notable win on the streak is his first round KO of then top 5 MW Jake Shields. And him and Carlos Condit has fought once before and Condit only won via Split Decision so i could see not only this being a good fight for the both of them but a very marketable fight.

Who would you guys like to see be first in line for the title shot? And who do you think is going to get the shot?
Discuss!

"Is reality really realistic?"

Responses

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

02.10.2012 | 1:45 AM ET

I think that the winner of Ellenberger/Sanchez makes the most sense. Koscheck lost to GSP twice, so they don't want to put him in a position to fight him again. Hendricks needs one more big name under his belt before you can really claim he deserves a title shot. Had that fight against Fitch gone long enough to see if Hendricks has what it takes beyond pure power, then it'd be a different story. Ellenberger is on a roll, and the rematch between him and Condit would be something people want to see. If Sanchez wins against Ellenberger, then he has a win over the guy who some argue should have beat Condit before in the past.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

02.10.2012 | 2:28 AM ET

Logically speaking, if Condit wants a pre-title shot fight, the winner of Sanchez/Ellenberger makes the most sense.

At the same time, I can also see him wishing to focus on training, working on his weakest areas, strengthening his good areas, and putting all other stresses out of his mind.  A long training time, without distractions, can only be good for his chances.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

02.10.2012 | 2:50 AM ET

Pre-fight Condit said he didn't want to wait, but in a video interview with Helwani hours after the event, that I'm sure is easy to find on the net, he says he's fine waiting for GSP to recover, and that waiting til November is no problem at all.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

02.10.2012 | 3:10 AM ET

I'd rather Condit wait on GSP. Obviously he'll make whatever decision is best for him, but I don't think winner of Sanchez/Ellenberger should get that shot so quickly. I'd like to see the winner of that fight up against someone like Johnny Hendricks or maybe even Koscheck. 

"Frig off, bud"

***yukken
***yukken
  • Predictions:  168  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 197

02.10.2012 | 3:19 AM ET

Agree completely with Hybrid.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

02.10.2012 | 7:41 AM ET

Didn't they have Koscheck vs Condit lined up before? They could do it again after they won there last fights (Koscheck lost really) but I would definitely prefer Ellenberger vs Sanchez winner.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.10.2012 | 9:17 AM ET

If Ellenberger wins it makes sense, he's been destroying everyone with the exception of Rocha - who is a magician on the ground. If Sanchez wins i think he needs another fight. The Kampmann fight was very controversial and i just don't think he has the tools. I'd put Koschek in before Sanchez. A Condit/Ellenberger rematch would be ******* ridiculous.
buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

02.10.2012 | 11:33 AM ET

Condit vs Sanchez would be thrilling. I think condit would win but if Diego won I would cry tears of joy

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.10.2012 | 11:41 AM ET

It's an old gripe, but my only problem with Sanchez as a contender is that I firmly believe he lost to Kampmann. Kampmann got screwed on that decision IMO.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

02.10.2012 | 12:19 PM ET

Gotta go along with my pal, buffalo bennie boy, The Taciturn Sage of Tapology.  If Diego beats Ellenberger, you'll be hearing the popping of my champagne cork all the way to Buffalo, NY!

Diego/Condit would be epic.  A war of Biblical significance.  Might change the course of the 21st Century.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

brad
brad
  • Predictions:  804  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 104

02.10.2012 | 12:39 PM ET

LOL, we all *thought that Diaz vs Condit would be that epic war, but when one guy is set on his gameplan to not engage under any circumstances... it doesn't happen.

* Edited at 02.10.2012, 12:40 PM ET *

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

02.10.2012 | 1:18 PM ET

Not engaging apart from landing more 30% strikes...LOL.

"I Get Better."

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.10.2012 | 1:36 PM ET

@Skelli, you are not alone in that theory.  I feel that Kampmann won both his fight with Shields and Sanchez.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

02.10.2012 | 2:37 PM ET

I think the Shields fight was close and could of went either way but for sure Kampmann won the fight with Sanchez

"Is reality really realistic?"

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.10.2012 | 3:09 PM ET

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler reacts to Conor McGregor becoming part owner of BKFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 post-event facts: Ryan Spann's struggles continue
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Reacts To Conor McGregor’s BKFC Ownership: ‘Nobody Moved That Needle Like Him’
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic knows Ian Machado Garry won't fight him but in his 'humble opinion,' would knock him out
  • MMAFighting.com : David Feldman explains how Conor McGregor became BKFC co-owner, how Dana White may react
  • MMA Mania : BKFC, The Morning After: It’s Finally Time For Perry Vs. Till