Topic: Silva vs. Sonnen II

Silva vs. Sonnen II

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

02.08.2012 | 3:03 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Silva vs. Sonnen II. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

02.10.2012 | 6:51 AM ET

The difference is Anderson could have finished Maia early on but decided to fart about and show off instead. What he was thinking I don't know.

"I Get Better."

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

02.10.2012 | 2:45 PM ET

Prediction: Silva  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

haha, yeah, silva didnt have a good performance against Maia, he ****** taunted him the whole fight and completely embarrased maia as well as himself, so    idk,   Chael will never beat Silva, bruise some of your ribs and see if you can fight a world class wrestler like chael sonnen whom had testosterone levels wayyyyyyy above normal.  Silva wins definitively. 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

02.10.2012 | 2:49 PM ET

@anik, he is very good at bjj, I wouldn't say amazing though. Look what Lutter was able to do to him.

"We Are All One"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.10.2012 | 3:11 PM ET

Prediction: Sonnen  |  Decision

Nobody will ever know what he was thinking against Maia -- but we've all seen how Brazilian fighters perform when fighting in Brazil -- initially i thought Chael would win this, but now that it's confirmed for Brazil in a stadium.... I think Anderson earns an easy TKO in round 1 or 2
johmal2
johmal2
  • Predictions:  159  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  102
  • Post Score: 66

02.18.2012 | 9:47 AM ET

uses wrestling to dominate
hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

03.22.2012 | 3:32 PM ET

Prediction: Silva  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

Front Kick To The Face!

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Sonnen for Prez
Sonnen for Prez
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: -347

03.22.2012 | 3:44 PM ET

Sonnen via integrity, also after he's finished he beats the crap out of the entire stadium audience while handing out free copies of his award winning, best selling book.  

"Silva Sucks"

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

03.22.2012 | 3:49 PM ET

Prediction: Silva  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

Sonnen aint winning here. I love when the UFC goes to Brazil, its the safest time to bet on any Brazilian for a win.

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

arcon
arcon
  • Predictions:  553  |  55.2%
  • Forum Posts:  84
  • Post Score: 142

03.22.2012 | 4:20 PM ET

Prediction: Silva  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 3

Ok its simple, Silva v Sonnen 1 Sonnen was the hardest fight Silva ever had but Silva still pulled a decisive victory out and that's when Silva had injured ribs.... injured rips take away from your cardio and TDD both of witch are real bad to have diminished vs a great wrestler like Sonnen and on top of that Silva's bobbing and weaving was greatly diminished and that's his bread and butter.

An uninjured Silva that has experienced Sonnens highly aggressive wrestling attack for #2 will just put him down... Sorry Sonnen you are the second best fighter at 185 and that's the way it is
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

03.22.2012 | 8:06 PM ET

1st fight. Silva was an idiot and overlooked Sonnen on top of that he was injured. Its been proven so dont say thats an excuse.

2nd fight. Chael Sonnen dies. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

03.22.2012 | 8:10 PM ET

Silva will do to chael what he did to Maia in this fight, taunt the piss out of him and completely embarrass him. But Anderson will finish this fight in the 3rd or later rounds after humiliating sonnen.

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.22.2012 | 8:13 PM ET

@minotauro11 well that was 5 years ago and it's not like Lutter's some slouch on the ground. I mean, he's not the Michael Jordan of BJJ (Mike Goldberg's ******* ********) but he's good.

"الله أكبرl"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

03.22.2012 | 9:42 PM ET

Silva overlooked Sonnen? Sonnen trashed talked that guy to death, and before the fight, Sonnen dominated Okami, Marquardt,  2-3 in the divisons at the time. Also, Chael has unreal wrestling - something that scares most fighters. To speculate that Anderson Silva 'overlooked' Sonnen is a little asinine (no offence, please I don't want any raging capitalized arguments here.) I find it really hard to believe that Silva's so called rib injured impeded his whole performance for 23 minutes, and at the end of the fight when he is most exhausted and depleted he pulls a triangle out. If he had a serious rib injury, it would have only gotten worse over the fight, and there would have been no way he could pull off that submission. Now, Anderson Silva's standup looked great, he landed some sweet elbows and punches when he was standing, didnt look like his ribs hurt there. I think people just blatantly hate Sonnen, so they disregard everything he did and disregard everything Silva didnt do. 

Also, everyone is like, "oh, by now Anderson has worked on his TDD". yeah, and I'm sure Chael's been at home watching tv.... Sonnen will have been the more active fighter going into that fight, and he has the wrestling to control where the fight goes. I'm sure Chael has worked on his sub defence and standup, too.

Now - I actually think Silva will win, BUT - there is no way sonnen is going to "die" or get knocked out in 20 seconds. You dont just dominate a guy that bad, and then get obliterated in the next fight, rib injury or not. Honestly, thinking about it now, I'm on the fence. Silva is old, and it will have been a long time since he had fought, every dog has there day.

Please, lets use some logic, and not just say " I hate Sonnen, Sonnens a *****, he is going to die"

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

03.22.2012 | 9:51 PM ET

In reality I dont mean to come off like an idiot who knows nothing about MMA when talking about Chael Sonnen. I just dont like the guy. But that being said I think Sonnen is one hell of a fighter, he is pretty well rounded and he did dominate one of the greatest ever for 23 minutes. Even though he lost that is impressive as hell.

I do think Silva overlooked Chael, I know Chael dominated some good competition leading up to the fight but to me for the 2-3 weeks leading up to the fight Anderson was just taking it way too easy as if he didnt need to train to fight this guy. I dont know why but it seemed that way to me. Personally I dont think the ribs had that much at all to do with the beating he was taking. I thought with or without the injury he would dominate Chael and I was wrong. Anderson could have 2 broken hands leading into a fight and I would STILL pick him. Sonnen did an impressive feat for sure.

Im sure this time around both fighters have improved on the aspects they need to be improving on tremendously (Chael: Striking/Sub Defense) (Anderson: ALOT of TDD defense) but leading into another fight I think that a 100% Anderson Silva can beat anyone. I could easily be wrong. 50% of the reason I am picking Anderson is because of that crazy 80 000 hometown advantage! 

* Edited at 03.22.2012, 9:53 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Anik
Anik

03.22.2012 | 9:54 PM ET

@Nik Lust Why would Anderson lie about an injury if he won though?

"الله أكبرl"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

03.22.2012 | 9:55 PM ET

Great post, Ill agree the stadium is going to be nuts. I would have a heartattack going out there.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

03.22.2012 | 10:11 PM ET

anderson was rocked by one of sonnens punches, that to me proves his ribs were badly injured.
i plan on watching the fight again, so maybe ill hear some of his corner talk.
Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

03.22.2012 | 10:14 PM ET

I have never rolled or wrestled with a broken rib, but I imagine that trying to work off your back with one is not too much fun at all.

I know swinging a bat with a broken rib hurt like a ***********er.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Anik
Anik

03.22.2012 | 10:24 PM ET

@C_Arnoud how does that prove that his ribs were badly injured?

@Lopati but you're not Anderson Silva, so who knows.

"الله أكبرl"

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

03.22.2012 | 10:25 PM ET

broken ribs are broken ribs, same physiological effects on everyone.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’
  • MMA Mania : Video: Cormier Saved By Security From Pereira Manhandling
  • Middle Easy : Paige VanZant Not Looking Past Fellow OnlyFans Star Elle Brooke: ‘I’m Gonna Get Ready For War’