Tapology Forums

Who will be UFC champion at the end of 2024?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,128  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

01.03.2024 | 4:59 PM ET

The rules are simple, predict who will hold the 11 regular UFC belt on 31 Decembrer 2024.

That’s threads gonna be here for 2 weeks then we will all forget it and it will come back at the end of the year for the best… or the worst. 

Of course, I’m not shy to go 1st with my pick.

H.W. – Jon Jones

L.H.W. – Jamahal Hill

M.W. – Dricus Du Plessis

W.W. - Leon Edwards

L.W. – Islan Makachev

F.W. – Ilia Topuria

B.W. – Merab Dvalishvili

Fly.W. – Alexandre Pantoja

women B.W. – Juliana Pena

women Fly.W. – Manon Fiorot

women S.W. – Tatiana Suarez

* Edited at 01.03.2024, 4:59 PM ET *

"Never go down without a fight"

Responses

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

01.03.2024 | 8:36 PM ET

HW: Jon Jones - I think he'll fight once, if at all. It'll be against an undeserving Stipe Miocic in a fight that shouldn't be booked in the first place. Even old man Stipe will expose Jones but probably lose. Aspinall takes the title from Jones, but I think Jones avoids that fight in 2024.

LHW: Pereira or Prochazka. Pereira stays champ if he stays at LHW but he can flirt with the idea of both HW or MW, so who knows. If Pereira leaves the division and doesn't care about defending, the title is Jiri's. Jamahal Hill will never touch the belt again and other contenders in the division still have a ways to go.

MW: Du Plessis. Think he beats Strickland and then might sit out the rest of the year. MW is kind of in shambles at the moment. 

WW: Leon Edwards or Shavkat Rakhmonov. Can't see Edwards fighting more than twice this year, and I guess a fight with Shavkat towards the end of the year is a possibility. I think Leon defends against Belal, and might not fight again until early next year. If he fights towards the end of the year I think he beats everyone -- except Shavkat.

LW: Gaethje. Might be bold, but I don't care. Don't think we get more than two title fights this year. If Justin gets a shot this year I could see him beating Islam. 

FW: Volkanovski. The fight with Topuria is a toss-up. Wouldn't be shocked to see Ilia win, but not expecting it. If Volk wins, I don't think any other featherweight poses a threat right now. 

BW: Merab Dvalishvili. I think he makes easy work of O'Malley, just not entirely sure we'll get that fight in 2024. 

FLYW: Pantoja. I think he's safe for now.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,997  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,088
  • Post Score: 88

01.03.2024 | 10:54 PM ET

HW: Tom Aspinall - Aspinall vs Jones will never happen, but I think aspinall will get promoted to Champ once jones retires stipe. If aspinall vs gane happens (aspinall defending the IC) then I actually think Tom could lose. If Tom fights someone else, I really don’t see him losing & being promoted to undisputed 

LHW: Jamahal Hill - there’s a good chance hill is washed due to the injury & inactivity (I haven’t seen him in a training room in almost a year) BUT, if he returns to the level I hold him at, I genuinely believe he will beat poatan. Ank is his worst matchup but dude isn’t likely to fight again this year. I imagine rakic/jiri or maybe even krylov (if he gets a win) would be next. 

MW: Sean Strickland - I really don’t believe in the DDP meme. I genuinely believe Sean is a bad matchup for him but we will have to find out soon. If he beats ddp, I’m not really sure who he fights next; mw is a bit of a mess rn. Cannonier is probably his hardest fight, but I thought Sean won the first time & believe he would make the right adjustments in a rematch. Every other top mw I don’t think gives Sean many issues, even Whittaker (dudes still a beast but I think he’s past his prime now)

WW: Shavkat Rakhmonov - I’m a little biased here because I dislike Leon a lot, but this guy is just so damn good. He looks human at times, but his fight iq and ability to find a finish is beyond impressive. Given that Leon is fighting in April, Shavkat will probably fight in Nov/dec (assuming Leon’s next fight isn’t Islam). 

LW: Islam Makhachev - he will run through gaethje easily but his next two fights will be difficult. Either going to be Leon or arman (sorry but he will destroy do Bronx) both of which are difficult fights. I think islam can definitely beat arman but it’s close. Leon is also winnable but that size is gonna be rough to deal with 

FW: Ilia Topuria - volk is an all time great but I really think ilia pulls it off. Very dangerous fight for volk given where his career is at currently. Could absolutely see him winning but I really think ilia won’t be denied. The top of FW is highly inactive so not sure ilia will fight again in 2024. Of course, a rematch is likely next if he beats volk but if that’s the case, I really don’t like volks chances in a rematch, unless the first fight is close & not a finish like im imagining 

BW: Suga Sean - I know people don’t like him but Sean is very very good. I think he beats chito in a rematch & the winner of merab/cejudo. The winner of that fight seems like a nightmare matchup for O’Malley, but I think people are underrating how hard it is to track O’Malley. His footwork, speed, and striking is on another level for the divison, I think both merab/henry will have issues tracking him, much like aljo did. 

FLYW: Pantoja - I think his cardio is going to cost him eventually, but not this year. Winner of albazi/Moreno & kape/nicolau will be interesting, but Pantoja seems like a guy who just won’t be denied. Then again, I think all of these guys besides nicolau would give Pantoja a really hard fight. Kape has improved a ton since their first fight & the Moreno fight was very competitive

WBW: MBS - I think she beats Pennington & then pena is just a joke of a fighter. I honestly don’t think MBS is all that good but she’s not really fighting anyone good 

WFW: Erin Blanchfield - she’s just too good. There’s a chance this doesn’t happen due to grasso/shev 3 & the rumored weili grasso fight (highly doubt anything comes of that tho). If grasso and Erin do fight (I really see Erin beating manon quite easily), then Erin’s grappling is far too good for grasso’s

WSW: Weili - seeing how much her wrestling has improved, I don’t see suarez being able to beat her; weili’s wrestling is good enough she can defend & she is a much better striker. Whenever the Yan fight happens I think Weili is too good on the ground for Yan. Yan is an insane striker but she doesn’t fare well against wrestlers 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,128  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

01.05.2024 | 1:03 PM ET

Dont be shy, i'm sure we are more then 3 that can make longterm prediction on Tapology.

"Never go down without a fight"

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,916  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

01.05.2024 | 1:41 PM ET

HW - Jon Jones

L-HW - Jiří Procházka

WW - Leon Edwards

LW - Justin Gaethje

FW- Ilia Topuria

BW - Marlon Vera

FW - Brandon Moreno

W - BW- Julianna Peña

W - FW - Alexa Grasso

W - SW- Weili Zhang

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Dixgo514
Dixgo514
  • Predictions:  5,091  |  79.7%
  • Forum Posts:  232
  • Post Score: 193

01.05.2024 | 2:10 PM ET

HW - Jon Jones (Aspinall champ once Jones retires)

LHW - Alex Pereira (Jamahal Hill has a good chance but Poatan is gonna try to take the revenge of his buddy Glover)

MW - Dricus du Plessis (that division is hard to predict for me, Sean is still really good & been in this game for a long time, he reminds me of Cinderella Man)

WW - Shavkat Rakhmonov

LW - Islam Makhachev

Featherweight - Ilia Topuria

BW - Sean O'Malley ( or Merab Dvashvili could also be champ)

Flyweight - Alexandre Pantoja ( I still think that Mokaev can beat the champ but I don't think the fight would happen this year)

Women's Batamweight - Raquel Pennington ( I'm not confident at all, I think Mayra Bueno Silva could beat her but she's a drug cheater & Peña is annoying)

Women's Flyweight - Alexa Grasso (Blanchfield is really good & can absolutely be a champ in 2024. Even Weilli Zhang could be a Flyweight champ if they do the Superfight vs Grasso)

SW - Tatiana Suarez

* Edited at 01.05.2024, 4:09 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next