Tapology Forums

Women's MMA

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

toanchman
toanchman
  • Predictions:  206  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 10

12.15.2023 | 8:03 AM ET

Hey yall, just wanted to address something that I've been seeing on social media. Maybe it's just what is coming onto my feed the past few weeks, but I have a feeling it isn't just me.

Why are so many MMA/UFC fans all of a sudden jumping on this bandwagon of "Women's MMA is trash/boring/unentertaining"? 

Women's MMA has been a strong point of the sport since its inception. One of the very best fighter of all-time was a woman, Amanda Nunes. I agree that fights like Esperza v. Namajunas are terrible, but how can anyone say that that is how all, or even a majority, of these fights go that way. There are just as many, if not more, brutally boring men's fights. Just look at Romero v. Izzy. I'm fairly certain that this sentiment comes from the ingrained misogyny of the MMA community. If you disagree, that's totally OK. I would love to hear all yall's opinions on this topic or my opinion of it!

"I be toanchin'"

Responses

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,132  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,542
  • Post Score: 108

12.15.2023 | 9:21 AM ET

Because ppl find women's mma boring does not make them misogynist and if the UFC is gonna make a bunch of dudes watch women fight... they better be ready for some jokes and getting made fun of.

I quite enjoy it because the randomness, halirousness mixed in with some skill depending on the level of MMA.

But let's just keep it a buck, women aren't bred to fight and it's not their biology like it is a mans, and 100% arent even close to INTENSELY trained as their male counterparts, and it obviously shows by just the average skill level males compared to females.

* Edited at 12.15.2023, 9:24 AM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

toanchman
toanchman

12.15.2023 | 9:49 AM ET

Let me clarify, thinking that women's MMA is boring does not automatically make anybody a misogynist. I am only saying that broadly generalizing all of the great female UFC (and other orgs) fighters into one archetype is lazy and uninspired. There are great and boring fighters of both genders.

"I be toanchin'"

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,794  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

12.16.2023 | 9:25 PM ET

The 2 women's fights on UFC 296 absolutely were on fire. 
toanchman
toanchman

12.18.2023 | 8:11 AM ET

@pie2munch 
agreed!

"I be toanchin'"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

12.18.2023 | 10:07 AM ET

It's of a general lower skill level, with less competitiveness due to it being two or three good fighters per division, with the rest being utter ****. It reminds me of old school mma with the skill level. Moreover they often fall to the same mistakes, headlocks and hip tosses seem to be the way to defeat most of the female roster. It is objectively worse, that doesn't make it bad but when women's fights and mens fights are on the same card most of the time the men's will be more technical and more entertaining. Then outside the top of the division and the rare exception there's a lot less finishing potential, in particular lack of knockouts which are the basis of what most casual fans enjoy. I mean Amanda Nunes was never that good of a striker, she was unique in having power that could shut down someone else game and throw them off. Those are just some general points but the main one is definitely the skill gap between the top 3 and the rest of the division. Though flyweight seems to be the best at this as it arguably has the most people coming up. Straweight is also decent, though its kinda stagnant at the top and most people have fought eachother. Bantamweight is by far the worse , the same women who have been fighting for 5 years, all fought eachother with an average ufc record of like 5-4. Maybe if you giv it the time the mens game has it will develop but you cant ignore the biological factors behind mens sports being a higher level. Maybe if we stopped comparing two things which are very dissimilair we could appreciate the womens game without the conversation always having to go to juxtaposing it to them mens game. Also lack of characters

This is also a personal reason but seeing women with cut and bruised up faces makes me feel uncomfortable. If that makes me a misogynist or whatever so be it.

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

12.18.2023 | 6:37 PM ET

Women Flyweight and women straweight  arguably better then heavyweight and light heavyweight in every way beside power and meme, I forgive heavyweight fault’s because their fight usually end quick, but I think the good women diversion are getting talent

Women bantamweight is bad, it like heavyweight without the power to forgive its faults, Beside Aldana and Myra don’t care for that division, it’s barely watchable sometime

I do think in general women MMA is just worst Men’s MMA, but still watchable something you can’t say about a lot of women sports. 125lb to 170lb is better in every way, 

"Quack quack quack"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : P4P Top 10: Haney tumbles out, top stars take spotlight in May
  • Jits Magazine : WWE Superstar MVP Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'