Tapology Forums

am i alone on this....?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

01.19.2012 | 10:01 PM ET

or did the espn outside the lines piece BASHING the ufc come REALLY close to when they lost out on the bid for the tv rights to fox?

espn, who i never truly liked in the first place, just sunk to a new low of sore loserness

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Responses Page 2

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

01.20.2012 | 12:00 PM ET

@blackwork exactly my thoughts...you sir, ARE A GENIUS

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

mmAPR0digy
mmAPR0digy
  • Predictions:  13,158  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,307
  • Post Score: 144

01.20.2012 | 12:28 PM ET

@Jersey... dam, what fight is that on your avatar?

"I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask? - BJ Penn"

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

01.23.2012 | 6:37 AM ET

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z-byWXxOyGf0GejeLlrqOLpmntsfjwlb1D3eNYAYeA0/edit?hl=en_US

this document has 18 events spanning from UFC56-60, UFC88, 91,92,94, 96 and UFC 135-141.

It will show you the fighters salaries, the total gate, total ppv buys at 50% revenue split.  It has the "OTN" Bonuses listed and figured into the percents. it does not have the specifics of each fighters contract, just the show/win aspect.  

At the top is UFC56 and at the bottom is UFC 141.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

01.23.2012 | 8:04 AM ET

do fighters have a union?

they should have it and make agreements a la NFL.
i think its a dangerous sport and anyone that enters the ring should earn a reasonable amount.
for that to happen the stars would have to settle for a little less and Zuffa should give the fighters a bigger piece of the pie.
without fighters there is no UFC so they deserve something like 45%-50% of the money (i dont know how it is now)

someone asked for specifics so my idea is that every guy has some 3-4 months beetween fights then even the most unknown fighter has to receive something to cover the cost of nutrition, training, fisiotherapy, etc for the three months before the fight and the next three. so in my head that would be like some 24 grand.

i think the facebook prelims guys earn about 6 thousand so it looks like a reach.
but its just a matter of distributing it well.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 post-event facts: Prelim fighter scores ultra-rare finish
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Drinks Away His Disappointment Over UFC 303 Main Event Cancellation; Conor McGregor Gives Update On Injury
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 5: Make your predictions for light heavyweights and lightweights in Salt Lake City
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen objects to boxing draw vs. Anderson Silva: 'I won the first three rounds'
  • Middle Easy : Cris Cyborg Scores Another KO Win In Boxing Match, Takes Dig At Claressa Shields
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira hopes to get title shot vs. Alexandre Pantoja in 2024, become first Japanese UFC champion
  • MMA Junkie : Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen boxing exhibition: Best photos
  • Middle Easy : Caleb Plant Splashes Beer At Ryan Garcia’s Face At Tank Davis vs. Frank Martin Fight, Sends Message To ‘King Ry’
  • MMA Junkie : Cris Cyborg: Money has to be 'right' to face Claressa Shields in boxing
  • MMA Junkie : How to watch PFL 2024, Week 5: Who's fighting, lineup, start time, broadcast info
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Lowest total payout of 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC on ESPN 58 with John Lennon, AC/DC and that Willy Wonka nod
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’ll Kick His Ass Again’
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC Vegas 93
  • MMA Mania : Video! Caleb Plant Nails Ryan Garcia With A Beer
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for June 20-22
  • Jits Magazine : Beatriz ‘Bia’ Mesquita Dominates In Flawless MMA Debut At Spaten Fight Night
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Won That Fight’
  • Jits Magazine : Andy Varela Leaves ADCC 2024 For Craig Jones Invitational
  • Jits Magazine : Police Arrive After Fight Breaks Out At ADCC Dallas Open 2024