Topic: 2022 Fights of the Year

Demetrious Johnson vs. Adriano Moraes 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

08.29.2022 | 11:15 PM ET

The great fight between Demetrious Johnson and Adriano Moraes reminded me of all the great fights this year. Today I rewatched some of the best battles: Moreno/Kara France, Nunes/Peña 2, Lawler/Barberena, Means/Holland, Ross/Salvador, Campbell/Duncan, and Sherman/Vanderaa. 

I hope we see Nunes vs. Peña 3. Peña deserves another shot because even though she was the clear second best, she really pushed Nunes again in that fight. And when you look at the divisions Nunes reigns over, who else can do that?

I’ve also been rewatching UFC fights from the year 2010, and Means vs. Holland reminded me of an old school battle from that time. Holland is really proving to be a tough opponent at welterweight. A year with wins over Cowboy, Means, and D-Rod would be a return to 2020 form for Holland. However I think Rodriguez will win. Regardless it might be one of the best fights of the year.  

The two Contender fights were amazing. All four guys fought with so much heart and I wouldn’t be surprised to see all four earn wins in the UFC one day. Firstly the flyweights put on an epic battle that got Dana in the cage. Then Duncan on the verge of blowing his second chance at a UFC contract, scored a knockout with his right hand. 

There are truly epic fights every weekend now. 

Responses

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,557
  • Post Score: 262

08.29.2022 | 11:27 PM ET

Good list bro, I forgot some of the fight even happen NGL, I think Khamzat vs Burn was fight of the year also, Perfect mix of violence and competitiveness, Eithen man could of went down at any moment, I think a great fight is violent mix with competitiveness, No one want to see a lion fight a puppy 

Also, I think DJ win over Moreas is his most impressive win in his carrer, I really respect Moreas as a fighter, And DJ to Ko him post prime is why he one of the best to ever do it, I want a trilogy

* Edited at 08.29.2022, 11:30 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

08.29.2022 | 11:36 PM ET

Violence and competitiveness are two of the top ingredients I look for in a good fight. 

Who is to say DJ is post prime? He just redeemed his only stoppage loss in the last 10 years, is a star of a major promotion, champion, rich and still providing great fights. 

Regardless I’m glad he went to ONE where he has continued to stack up accolades. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Submission Hunter Pro 90 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Topuria’s Goal? Highest Salary In All Of Sports
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds, Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Vs. Potieria Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, April 30: Alex Perez joins top 15 at flyweight after upset KO
  • MMA Mania : ‘Holloway Is The Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for April: Max Holloway's buzzer-beater BMF finish a unanimous winner
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka To 185? ‘I Hope He Doesn’t’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg was eating KFC when he received call to fight for title at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia fight card
  • UFC.com : José Aldo’s Career UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja Was ‘Very Mad’ With Strickland: ‘Shut Your Mouth’
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal reveals he made $5 million to save UFC 251 headliner vs. Kamaru Usman
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 2: ‘Let’s see who is going to get the belt first’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker hopes Jiri Prochazka steers clear of UFC middleweight move because 'then we're enemies'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch stock car racing champ take UFC 301 prospect for 120 mph ride
  • MMA Mania : Welterweight ‘Do Bronx’?! ‘That Will Lead To Money, History, And Legacy’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says UFC 304 start time 'just not fair' for U.K. fans
  • Middle Easy : Charles Oliveira Insists He Did Enough To Beat Arman Tsarukyan At UFC 300: ‘It’s Very Complex’