Topic: Tate vs. Rousey

Tate vs. Rousey

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,729  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

12.31.2011 | 11:42 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Tate vs. Rousey. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 7

putaforkinya
putaforkinya
  • Predictions:  10,025  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  736
  • Post Score: 236

03.04.2012 | 7:31 AM ET

Prediction: correct Rousey   correct Submission   wrong Round 3  

@Nephilim
i don't think it was that Rhonda had bad stand up as much as i think she just didn't respect Tate's power.  she just charged in and went to business. i love the way she fights.

i will be adding miss rhonda to a higher spot on my favourite fighters list after that one

* Edited at 03.04.2012, 7:33 AM ET *

" holy **** did you see that?, baddest ***********er ever, hooooly ****" -Dana White seconds after Silva KO'd Vitor

Nephilim
Nephilim
  • Predictions:  1,286  |  57.5%
  • Forum Posts:  33
  • Post Score: 136

03.04.2012 | 8:07 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Tate   wrong Decision  

I added her to my ****list.  She's got fantastic grappling but I fear she's one dimensional.  She shows about as much class as Michael Bisping.

"Grappling chess match? Stand up war? Whatever... I just support great fights."

rmepeters
rmepeters
  • Predictions:  200  |  58.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 120

03.04.2012 | 8:55 AM ET

Prediction: correct Rousey   correct Submission   correct Round 1  

I thought Ronda turned in a wonderfull performance and a awesome submission (again :) ).

But I might be a bit baised because I dislike Tate so much. She's a hyprocrit as far as I'm concerned (just google her name, and check the images, and then remember all her comments about 'WMMA not being about looks') and after the Marloes Coenen fight she really became a lot more arrogant. 

"You cannot dream yourself into a character, you must hammer and forge yourself into one" - James Anthony Froude

MMAOPcom
MMAOPcom
  • Predictions:  261  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 78

03.04.2012 | 9:11 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Tate   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

This is one of those fights where the answer is so obvious, I just didn't think it could be true, like when Cyborg tested positive for steroids. I knew Rousey had excellent judo and obviously armbars, but she really impressed me with her resolve last night. And Tate is just a lioness, her heart is amazing. Great fight all around, and I hope that it turned a lot of people who were on the fence about WMMA into believers. 

"MMA:OP (MMAOP.com) is dedicated to intelligently discussing and deconstructing UFC & MMA."

irishmaniac2000
irishmaniac2000
  • Predictions:  66  |  53.0%
  • Forum Posts:  421
  • Post Score: 69

03.04.2012 | 10:12 AM ET

How could Rousey NOT win? It was so obvious

"When you're the best fighter in the world, they don't call you a great fighter, they call you Chael Sonnen." - Chael Sonnen

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.04.2012 | 10:23 AM ET

@irishmaniac2000 Miesha Tate's stand up is significantly better than Rousey's, so she could have knocked her out. Just sayin'.

"الله أكبرl"

Evanrsi
Evanrsi
  • Predictions:  34  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 0

03.04.2012 | 11:55 AM ET

@AnikM idk if tate could knock her out.. ronda's chin hasn't really been tested yet so we can't say.. but damn rousey is tuff.. i think her grappling is going to be to much for just about anyone.. cyborg would probably kill her though..

"Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn’t have f’ed with? That’s me. — Clint Eastwood"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.04.2012 | 12:03 PM ET

@Evanrsi Well if you watch the 20 seconds worth of stand up in the fight, Miesha Tate was hitting Rousey and Rousey looked hurt.

I think Cyborg would kill her too, if Tate could hurt her with strikes then I would fear for her life vs. Cyborg.

"الله أكبرl"

TheNatureBoy
TheNatureBoy
  • Predictions:  34  |  58.8%
  • Forum Posts:  37
  • Post Score: 168

03.04.2012 | 12:08 PM ET

I truly feel Cyborg will wreck this girl and quick with that same fury of punches tate threw at first only with ALOT more behind it. Ronda is so stiff on the feet its like watching Jake Sheilds it makes me uncomfortable I find myself pacing around the room.

"I like my girls with a full sweater and an empty head"

icantdelete
icantdelete
  • Predictions:  1,877  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 158

03.04.2012 | 12:45 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Tate   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

man i should have picked rousey.  i would have won the event.  i switched it like ten times and ended up on tate

"whos next! "

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

03.04.2012 | 1:01 PM ET

Prediction: correct Rousey   correct Submission   wrong Round 2  

Got to hand it to Tate, that chick is tough, she didn't tap until her arm was falling off.

"I Get Better."

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

03.04.2012 | 1:09 PM ET

tough yes, but probably not a great decision- she wasnt going to escape, tap before it snaps. she hadnt exactly taken a beating, an earlier tap could have a quick turn around for next fight. iv not seen any news since but it looked like a long lay off.

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

03.04.2012 | 1:27 PM ET

Prediction: correct Rousey   correct Submission   wrong Round 2  

It's a case of the heart doesn't listen to the brain lol. I didn't think she'd get out of the first one, I still don't know how she did.

* Edited at 03.04.2012, 1:28 PM ET *

"I Get Better."

nibrack11
nibrack11
  • Predictions:  483  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  361
  • Post Score: 112

03.04.2012 | 2:03 PM ET

ronda broke her arm i knew it, that sucks for miesha she should have tapped a long time ago, i was thinking it was either broke or needed surgery or something after the fight last night but my brother was telling me she would just have to pop it back in and it would just be sore for a while, lol i totally won that arguement my brother thinks hes always right. good job both woman last night.

"The Road To Success Is Always Under Construction!!!!"

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,845  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,701
  • Post Score: 173

03.04.2012 | 2:17 PM ET

WAR JUDO!!!!!!!!!!!!

"3HUNNA"

crunchpunchko
crunchpunchko
  • Predictions:  1,108  |  57.0%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 65

03.04.2012 | 2:26 PM ET

Both women’s fights were awesome last night Rousey got to show off her grappling skills for longer which is what she needs to improve as she is a one dimensional fighter so far. I am a fan of her and glad to see her win but it is obvious all she goes for is the arm bar (maybe all she needs) however in the long term when women mma gets more advanced and she fights higher quality opponents like cyborg she is going to need to work on striking and not to go for the arm every possible opportunity she has. Because against tate when on the ground she was ground and pounding her but stopped to get the arm and she missed it luckily for her tate didn’t get up like most good grapplers would. However if it aint broke don’t fix it and i think Rousey be the champ as long as strikeforce remains and only threat she has is cyborg but if she trains well in other facets of the game it should be enough for her to win 6 or 7 times out of 10.

"Jon Jones get your sh*T together" - Daniel Comier

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

03.04.2012 | 2:32 PM ET

shes had 5 pro and 3 ammy. its early days. shes shown how good she gets at areas shes trained hard at, i think if she decides she needs to improve her stand up it'll come on fast.

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

current
current
  • Predictions:  311  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 263

03.04.2012 | 6:50 PM ET

I don't want to watch that armbar again.
It makes my elbow hurt just lookin at the .gif.
dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,086  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

03.04.2012 | 7:05 PM ET

The only bummer about that fight is that Rousey already said she is never gonna wear shorts like that again...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

03.06.2012 | 9:22 PM ET

I was trynna be funny, but ok. This was one of the easiest fights to pick perfect probably ever. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Updates To UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • Bad Left Hook : Zepeda vs Cabrera planned for July 6 on DAZN
  • Bad Left Hook : William Zepeda vs Giovanni Cabrera planned for July 6 on DAZN
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s big motivation for me’: Usyk says father’s love has driven his success
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Not Going To Renegotiate!’ Cruz Was ‘Nightmare’ For Aldo
  • Middle Easy : John Fury Told ‘Let Your Son Have The Spotlight’ After Hitting Team Usyk With Bloody Headbutt
  • MMA Junkie : Magomed Magomedov plots 'Year of Revenge' with first stop Patchy Mix: 'With one shot I can kill both rabbits
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This win puts me at number one’: Fury says victory over Usyk makes him best heavyweight ever
  • MMA Junkie : Aljamain Sterling adamant he'd beat Sean O'Malley in rematch: 'I would bet my life savings on that'
  • MMAFighting.com : Gilbert Burns accepts to Joaquin Buckley’s callout: ‘If they send me, I’ll say yes now’
  • UFC.com : Rankings Report | Week of May 13, 2024
  • MMAFighting.com : With Antonio Trocoli out, Oumar Sy now meets fellow newcomer Tuco Tokkos at UFC Vegas 92
  • UFC.com : Fighters On The Rise | UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs Murphy
  • MMA Junkie : Newcomer steps into UFC Fight Night 241 on four days' notcie
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko proves class is permanent and Fury vs Usyk fight week lands
  • MMA Mania : Topuria: ‘I Already Have A Date For UFC Spain’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cherneka ‘Sugar Neekz’ Johnson reacts to ring announcer’s massive viral error
  • MMA Mania : Video: Shredded sumo wrestler shows size doesn’t matter, dumps 500-pound opponent
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241 pre-event facts: Is Fight of the Night record holder Edson Barboza poised for another $50,000?
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Too Old For This’