Tapology Forums

Old UFC DVD's

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

01.14.2011 | 9:54 AM ET

anyone know what the deal is with old ufc's?? I'm trying to collect all of them but from 13 up to 40 something it seems like they are no where to be found. I wish they would reissue these or something

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Responses

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

01.14.2011 | 10:02 AM ET

your best bet might be ebay.  while a few might not be available at all, i think most of them exist in one location or another but if they are not being reissued, you'll need to get them used.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

poir420
poir420

01.14.2011 | 10:18 AM ET

I would think there would be a bunch of people interested in them surprised they dont issue them. I contacted UFC website and they just said to keep checking the UFC store so it doesnt sound like its gonna happen anytime soon

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

01.14.2011 | 11:32 AM ET

yea even as far as torrents go, the old pride stuff is a lot easier to find, I dont even know if they made DVDs (vhs?) of anything after 15 up until just the last few years?

"fresh outta Oakland..."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,571
  • Post Score: 275

01.14.2011 | 11:36 AM ET

Everything said so far is cool - just don't post any links to torrents.

"I live, I die, I live again."

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

01.14.2011 | 11:50 AM ET

So when I really got into MMA for the first time, I wanted to go back and learn my history from the source.  Thus began my extremely nerdy quest of watching every UFC and Pride event.  I accomplished this (except for Fight Night cards, boo) with the help of two sources.  The most helpful were those things that begin with a T.  When I was doing all this, UFC 13-42 were unavailable.  The first DVD released in the Zuffa era for the UFC was Liddell/Couture one, which I believe was UFC 43, too lazy to look it up.  The rest of the numbered UFC events I found relatively easily with Ts.  This also went for the more rare Pride events, like The Best Vols. 1, 2, and 3, which were horrible, but I watched them anyway damnit.  Your best friend for the stuff that is available is Netflix (if I can say that?).  I've watched more obscure MMA shows than I care to mention through there, without having to buy any.  They have all the UFC's from 43 on, and almost every Pride show.  They also have jems from Rumble on The Rock, Cage Rage, IFL,EliteXC, Icon Sport, and more.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,571
  • Post Score: 275

01.14.2011 | 11:52 AM ET

Netflix sounds like a solid idea if they've got all those old ones.

"I live, I die, I live again."

poir420
poir420

01.14.2011 | 11:57 AM ET

yeah netflix works great been using them they do have a ton 1-12 then 43-present but are still missing the in between ones, so I called them and had them put a request on file for them. So call them up if you got netflix!! =)

poir420
poir420

01.14.2011 | 12:02 PM ET

although I guess if they weren't even released it doesnt do me much good

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Former UFC, Bellator standout Lorenz Larkin set for PFL debut
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For Pit Submission Series 5
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: PFL founder labels Kayla Harrison ‘a follower who needs validation’ after UFC move
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and boxing action May 23-25
  • Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Who wins Taylor vs Catterall 2?
  • Jits Magazine : Final Invites Announced For ADCC 2024 Under 99kg Division
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: A Follower Who Needs Validation
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Desperately Wants to Get on Joe Rogan’s Podcast: ‘He is Scared of Me’
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Zygimantas Ramaska | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Roedie Roets | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dustin Poirier, the Bud Light Genie and an alien walk into a bar ...
  • Middle Easy : Bryce Mitchell Implores Parents to Stop Vaccinating Their Kids, Convinced Public Schooling Will Turn His Son Gay
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Shamidkhan Magomedov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Ryan Loder | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Belal Muhammad Calls WWE Supporters ‘Real True’ Fans, Dubs ‘90%’ of UFC Fans as ‘Drunks That Don’t Care About Anyone’
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It, We’ll Sue Them’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: If Khamzat Chimaev doesn't manage his pace, 'it's going to be an early night for him'
  • Middle Easy : Son of UFC Legend Anderson Silva Will Fight Alongside Him at the Spaten Fight Night Event on June 15
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Donn Davis responds to Bellator fighter complaints about inactivity, unpaid medicals: 'We're direct, fair and reasonable'
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Doing A Great, Amazing Job!’ Topuria Praises Nice Guy O’Malley