Tapology Forums

Strikeforce Tournament

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Goose
Goose
  • Predictions:  54  |  53.7%
  • Forum Posts:  51
  • Post Score: 41

01.13.2011 | 10:08 AM ET

I used to really like watching Strikeforce (maybe cause thats all we got over here) but is it just me or is it full of mis matched fights and gimmicks?

Now I read that Overeems belt isn't even going to be up for grabs in the heavyweight tournament, instead the winner of the tournament will then challenge for it. Maybe I read this wrong but seem's a bit of an anti climax to the whole thing at a time when they need the big name fights to showcase the promotion.

"Be Good, Get Good or Get the Hell Out. "

Responses

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

01.13.2011 | 10:20 AM ET

i do completely agree with you here about the hype Coker had about the Reem defending his belt through out the tourney but for sanctioned fights, it just didnt make sense in this format. It wouldnt make sense to having some fights 5 rounds and others 3, it just wouldnt have been balanced. 
The real question is what happens if the Reem wins, does he fight another contender? there wont be any others after this tournament. Say he loses in the first round (unlikely, yes) but he will then fight the winner of the tournament anyway for his belt. I still think this is going to be the biggest thing for strikeforce to happen since their inception but yes... slightly anticlimactic. 

"fresh outta Oakland..."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

01.13.2011 | 10:32 AM ET

I'd love to know where Coker and whoever else was involved got the idea to put 3 of their top 4 in the same bracket? Just another sign of how stupid strikeforce's business model is, although i do love some of their fighters. And that's just it, i am picking Overeem to win this thing, so what if he does, he can't fight himself? This thing has the making of a disaster, if Fedor loses in round one it makes no sense for Overeem to ever fight him or any other of their HWs for that matter. i can't wait to see how this plays out.
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

01.13.2011 | 2:05 PM ET

Actually their 4 highest ranked HW's are in the same bracket. They really just wanted to make Werdum vs Overeem and then set up the best chance for Fedor vs Overeem/Werdum. If they mixed up the brackets they were too worried about either injury or 1 or 2 of the 3 losing. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Liisi Vaht Makes Flawless Debut In ONE Friday Fights 60 Results
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ‘Stack’ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: LFA's Kendra McIntyre ragdoll KOs opponent with absolutely vicious head kick
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! ‘Platinum’ Has Fiery Exchange With Alves
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith on Alex Pereira: 'Given the opportunity, we both would jump on it'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Official Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream (9 p.m. ET)
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Recalls Justin Gaethje’s ‘Vibranium’ Leg Kicks: ‘This Guy Kick Hard As Sh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : Vanessa Demopoulos prepared to get used to familiarity with UFC opponents like Emily Ducote
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video at 9 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Hoping For McGregor ‘Of Old’ At UFC 303
  • Bad Left Hook : Esparza loses three belts on scale
  • Bad Left Hook : Spence reportedly in ligation with former trainer over unpaid fees
  • Bad Left Hook : Errol Spence reportedly in ligation with trainer Derrick James over unpaid fees
  • MMA Junkie : Why Chael Sonnen thinks Tom Aspinall potentially facing Ciryl Gane at UFC 304 is a big risk