Tapology Forums

The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

12.11.2011 | 6:01 PM ET

Brought to you always by www.middleeasy.com
http://www.middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6632:the-sunday-morning-rumor-mill&catid=34:organizations#comments

• You guys already know the rumor by now. Kevin Iole tweeted that he heard Alistair Overeem may be out of UFC 141 against Brock Lesnar. Ariel Helwani asked Dana White about the rumor and he vehemently denied it. Now this Sunday morning, the rumor shifted to 'Alistair Overeem is having difficulty being licensed by the NSAC.' About an hour ago, Ariel contacted Overeem's camp and they made a statement that there's no validity to the rumor that Overeem is pulling out of UFC 141. However, the issue isn't about Overeem voluntary not participating in UFC 141. The rumors have to do with Alistair Overeem not being licensed, thus not being able to participate in UFC 141.
  • Brett Okamoto from ESPN claims Chael Sonnen called Dana White last night after UFC 141 to tell him a joke about Tito Ortiz.
  • Don't expect anymore Strikeforce fighters to cross over to UFC anytime soon.
  • Tito Ortiz will not be retiring.
  • Prior to UFC 140, there was a rumor going around that Lyoto Machida was ill.
  • "I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

Responses

kallousklown
    kallousklown
    • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
    • Forum Posts:  10,967
    • Post Score: 177

12.11.2011 | 6:03 PM ET

the rumor mill seems a bit lackluster this week.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

benjaminbrandt
    benjaminbrandt
    • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
    • Forum Posts:  15,716
    • Post Score: 229

12.11.2011 | 6:03 PM ET

I'll admit the rumors are a little weak this week. 

I assume the joke Chael told was that he wanted to be Tito's last fight. 

I had pretty high hopes the winner of Melendez/Masvidal would be donning a new set of gloves. 

* Edited at 12.11.2011, 6:11 PM ET *

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

jaffacakehero
    jaffacakehero
    • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
    • Forum Posts:  5,396
    • Post Score: 240

12.11.2011 | 6:05 PM ET

No more Strikeforce fighters crossing over in the near future is pretty disappointing

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

CashBrewyn
    CashBrewyn
    • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
    • Forum Posts:  4,045
    • Post Score: 212

12.11.2011 | 6:24 PM ET

Apparently Matyushenko and Jardine are also meeting with the NSAC..if this is just a formality for Overeem's license I hope Iole slips on some ice and skins his knee

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

dinferlindo
    dinferlindo
    • Predictions:  588  |  63.4%
    • Forum Posts:  6
    • Post Score: 183

12.11.2011 | 6:47 PM ET

Hopefully we'll still get a few more cherry picked SF guys crossing over, keeping Melendez over there is a complete waste but I guess the LW division in the UFC isn't exactly lacking contenders. Plus wasn't it pretty much confirmed Tim Kennedy's coming over?
    BeastMaster
    BeastMaster
    • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
    • Forum Posts:  3,029
    • Post Score: 180

12.11.2011 | 6:49 PM ET

I think Machida was sick. I noticed he was wiping his nose a lot during the fight.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Swickotine
    Swickotine
    • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
    • Forum Posts:  11,851
    • Post Score: 223

12.11.2011 | 6:56 PM ET

Machida could be 200% and it wouldn't of ended any differently.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

MikeLovesTacos XD
    MikeLovesTacos XD
    • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
    • Forum Posts:  22,487
    • Post Score: 203

12.11.2011 | 6:58 PM ET

LOL I could just imagine Chael calling Dana in the middle of the night with a sweet knock knock joke.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : New Wave Jiu-Jitsu Dominate In Enigma Invitational 15 Results
    • MMA Mania : What’s Next For Matheus Nicolau?
    • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brazilian National Championship (Brasileiro) 2024 Full Results And Review
    • MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
    • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
    • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
    • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
    • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
    • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
    • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
    • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
    • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
    • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
    • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
    • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
    • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
    • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
    • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
    • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
    • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card