Tapology Forums

The UFC will announce the new Flyweight division this weekend.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.08.2011 | 2:17 PM ET

Great news. Some of the TUF guys that competed at BW will be in it. i'm sure Dodson wil be in and Dana  said it looks like four fighters from TPF will be invited including my favorite, "Uncle Creepy" who is sporting the best "stache" in MMA right now.

* Edited at 12.08.2011, 2:18 PM ET *

Responses Page 2

JavG
JavG
  • Predictions:  114  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 207

12.08.2011 | 7:00 PM ET

the women fighters are actually very exciting, i hope the ufc never incorporates a super heavyweight division, and 230lb weight class, if faber losses to Cruz again i picture him dropping to 125
ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

12.08.2011 | 8:30 PM ET

Awesome news. Didn't even think it would happen this soon.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

12.09.2011 | 3:36 AM ET

I am very excited to see how they will crown the first Flyweight champion. Hopefully they do sound kind of tournament and not just have one fight that decides the champ.

"Is reality really realistic?"

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

12.09.2011 | 11:03 AM ET

The lighter the weightclass, the more exciting and technically sound the fighters are. This is awesome news. The only problem I can foresee is this; the BMs and FWs are less stacked due to their young age in the organization. There are already tons of BMs who are only in the division because the Flyweight division isn't in the UFC. Hopefully they have enough BMs coming in to make up for all of the fighters who'll move down.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

12.09.2011 | 11:10 AM ET

o rly? wherz da 115 pound division at?

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker ‘Very Confident’ His Grappling Skills Are Better Than Khamzat Chimaev, Reveals Gameplan For ‘Borz’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘The world is waiting for it’: Usyk’s promoter hopes Fury takes precautions for May 18 showdown
  • MMA Mania : Izzy Beware! Manel Kape ‘Undefeated In The Streets’
  • UFC.com : Significant Stats | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown rips boxing promoters refusing to follow UFC’s lead: ‘They’re still stuck in the 1990s’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 roundtable: Is Alexandre Pantoja ripe for an upset?
  • MMA Mania : Petrino Vs. Smith Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 pre-event facts: Jose Aldo still holds records after retirement layoff
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja ‘Smashed’ O’Malley In Old Training Footage
  • MMA Mania : Video: Pantoja ‘Smashed’ O’Malley In Old Training Footage
  • MMA Junkie : Video: HyunSung Park out of UFC 302 after accident in gym leads to knee ligament rupture
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ilia Topuria has ‘no doubt’ he’ll be ‘highest-paid athlete in the world’ in 2025
  • MMA Mania : New Owner McGregor ‘Has A Lot Of Say’ In BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Meet BKFC’s Not-Silent Minority Owner
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Benoit Saint Denis And Marc Diakiese Headline The Grappling Main Event
  • MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card, Rumors
  • MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card For ‘Jackson vs. Kuramagomedov’
  • Jits Magazine : High-Level Grappling On Display At IBJJF Oklahoma City Open 2024
  • Jits Magazine : Submission Hunter Pro 90 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Topuria’s Goal? Highest Salary In All Of Sports