Tapology Forums

UFC 244: Jorge Masvidal VS Nate Diaz - Stoppage Due to cuts controversy

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  64
  • Post Score: 30

11.04.2019 | 12:22 AM ET

Fans are upset at the decision questioning "why the fight was stopped?" and are also upset being Nate Diaz is used to being cut plus his style is based on taking fighters into deep waters by utilizing his relentless pace and almost endless barrage of Boxing combinations to finish his opponents. If not then he may just find succsess for his BJJ and tap his opponent's out late in the fight. This argument is somewhat plausible but I don't agree

It's my honest humble opinion that one way or another if that fight went on Jorge Masvidal would've still beat Nate Diaz. His strategy was working well. He was able to punch his way into a clinch and make Diaz work while conserving his own energy. His rear body roundhouse kicks were devistating and body uppercuts really took there toll asside from the knockdowns he had.

I don't believe it would've been any different. In fact I firmly believe if Diaz opened up more to push the pace he would've hit highly potential risk of being rocked and or put away like what happened in the earlier rounds. 

What do you think?

"Adorable little tough guy" - loudenSwain aka the sus gay bottom drunk guy

Responses Page 2

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

11.06.2019 | 5:50 AM ET

No trying to convince you of anything Phil. Just wanted to point out that you didn't know what you were talking about. Mission accomplished I'd say.

Frankly I just think you're pissy because you picked Diaz and he got wrecked. Not my fault he's a pile of **** with a chin and cardio. You and Mulefloyd are basically the same person; rose coloured glasses for everyone you've picked/and or fanboy out on, sepia for everyone else.

I can't wait until you score a 10-8 round for someone you've picked because of a single knockdown and prove my point. And you will.

* Edited at 11.06.2019, 6:11 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 13 hours, and 37 minutes from now.
TheBrown1
TheBrown1
  • Predictions:  9,903  |  67.7%
  • Forum Posts:  283
  • Post Score: 219

11.06.2019 | 6:52 AM ET

End of convo...

Rematch @ UFC250   ?

"Is it bedtime yet?"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

11.06.2019 | 6:55 AM ET

I'd be OK with a rematch..but it isn't warranted, really. I mean it isn't like those 3 rounds were even close. I agree with Swain; Masvidal has bigger fish to fry going forward. If he somehow managed to get the belt...that would be one of the best Cinderella stories of all time.

* Edited at 11.06.2019, 7:01 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 13 hours, and 37 minutes from now.
TheBrown1
TheBrown1

11.06.2019 | 7:40 AM ET

Agreed  Diaz was dominated from start to finish. no doubt at all and yes the winner from Marty v Colby should def be masv next opponent . 
And a rematch later in the Year as they both stated they want to run it back. .

"Is it bedtime yet?"

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

11.06.2019 | 9:35 AM ET

@phillip52  @ImperatorFishrat
Diaz vs Mcgregor 2 scorecards

https://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/see-the-scorecards-from-nate-diaz-vs-conor-mcgregor-2-082116

Pretty easy find. 

CTE_Society
CTE_Society
  • Predictions:  380  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 20

11.06.2019 | 10:46 AM ET

I love Nate but the stoppage was needed. He was at no point even close to being ahead in any aspect of the fight. I want to see Nate fight again, and if that fight kept going he could have taken some serious career altering damage. There is at-least possibility of a rematch now, if it kept going Nate would be finished. It's sad how so many people are mad at the doctor for looking out for Nates health lol. If it was any other fight no one would be complaining, the UFC did this to them selfs with the whole BMF madness. Loved the fight and happy with the result. What do y'all think??
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

11.06.2019 | 11:07 AM ET

@cte your whole post is ridiculous. I am an expert on ridiculous. The serious damage you talk about happened a long time ago. Or have u not noticed that Nate can barley get through a sentence?

Seriously though u have cte in your ******* name. What the hell does losing an eyebrow matter compared to his damaged brain. Both Diaz brothers could literally sue the ufc, refs and doctors for not protecting them their whole career.

U think if bj could draw still the ufc would even consider not giving him fight. Nah homie ufc is a business first.
Gaethje and Ferguson clearly have issues from too many shots to the head but nobody will care until they start sucking. Then everyone will turn on them calling for retirement. Fighters are ****** from the start either way so if Nate wants to sacrifice an eyebrow that's his choice. If mark hunt wants to die in the ring so be it. If Liddel and bj are willing to trade a few more brain cells sooooo what.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

11.06.2019 | 3:41 PM ET

Nugget if Fact:  Nate Diaz has finished exactly 2 people in the third round, one his first ever fight and 2 Marcus DAVIS in 2010. He’s finished exactly 0 people in the 4th or 5th round. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,786  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

11.06.2019 | 6:35 PM ET

ive never said i thought diaz won the second fight, but i did take a look at the score cards and lo and behold there was a 10-8 round on one judges score card, for diaz in round 3, haha.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,786  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

11.06.2019 | 6:57 PM ET

and before you go off on a tirade, no i dont think it was a 10-8 round. but, it was the most dominate round of the fight.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

11.06.2019 | 8:01 PM ET

I can't believe you're still even thinking about this. If you hadn't brought it up I never would have thought about it ever again. But since you did. That fight was in 2016 and the unified rules weren't ratified until 2017, so y'know...wouldn't have been likely to see a 10-8 or 10-7. I can't remember having seen a 10-7 yet.That said, it still should have been a 10-8. I think Judges have traditionally been hesitant to give them out because it's extremely difficult to come back from and they kind of have the potential to result in Robberies. Dangerous calls in Big Money/title fights. Probably why you see them dished out in fights nobody gives a **** about. I don't believe for a moment the assigning of judges to events is random. Not UFC events anyway.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.06.2019 | 8:02 PM ET

TheBrown1
TheBrown1

11.07.2019 | 6:40 AM ET

"Is it bedtime yet?"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.07.2019 | 2:38 PM ET

He probably should of done the McGregor trilogy and walked off into the sunset
pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

11.07.2019 | 3:51 PM ET

😭😭😭
Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  10,098  |  72.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,258
  • Post Score: 303

11.07.2019 | 5:02 PM ET

against violence against animals

never beat a horse in the first place ... 

- the reggae shark

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker

11.09.2019 | 8:43 AM ET

@freemoneyforall

Exactly the same thing I was talking about with Diaz's cut 

Although I agree with the stoppage I'm not really interested in seeing a rematch. Fight was practically a one sided blowout. 

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight