Tapology Forums

Can Someone Please Bring Me Up To Date?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

06.21.2019 | 5:56 PM ET

What's up guys? It's been a while...and I'm kind of overwhelmed. So long story short, I was incarcerated last year around mid-November. The last major event I believe I saw was UFC 22(9?), McGregor vs Khabib. After that life kind of got crazy in which I couldn't keep up with MMA.

Now I got released about a week or two before UFC 238 so I was able to catch that. Other than that I have no clue what happened between now and when I went in besides what I could catch clips  of during random glances at ESPN.

I also logged on here and noticed we can now pick boxing events? When did that become a thing? Also when picking the upcoming Bellator event, I noticed there are new weight classes? 

I guess if any of you guys have the time and/or the will, could you give me an overview of all I missed? You know, bring me up to speed so I'm not as out-of-the-loop as I am now? Thanks in advance.

Responses

Meers222
Meers222
  • Predictions:  18,234  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,587
  • Post Score: 211

06.21.2019 | 6:03 PM ET

Welcome back! The boxing picks have been around a little while now, not sure exactly when, maybe beginning of the year? Again not sure. 

Watch UFC 236 main and co-main, those were both fantastic. 

"If it's not a challenge, it isn't fun enough."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

06.21.2019 | 6:24 PM ET

Welcome back friendo! 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 14 hours, and 22 minutes from now.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

06.21.2019 | 6:53 PM ET

Let's see:

-Valentina won the vacant women's flyweight title at 231 beating Joanna Jerdhjsjzyk in an uneventful decision

- Amanda Nunes sparked Cyborg in under a minute to win the women's featherweight title at 232

- Jon Jones came back(again) and won the LHW belt again by smashing Gustaffson, then defended it against Anthony Smith and won an easy decision

-Gustaffson retired after losing to Jones and getting subbed by Anthony Smith at a Fight Night in Sweden

- Henry Cejudo ***TKOed Dillashaw in like 30 seconds at the inaugural ESPN+ Fight Night and then Dillashaw tested positive for EPO and got suspended for 2 years

- Kamaru Usman won the welterweight title at 235 and made Tyron Woodley look awful

- Masvidal brutally KOed Till

- Anthony Pettis moved up and brutally KOed Wonderboy

- 236 had the first(I think) double interim title fight main and co-main and Poirier beat Holloway for the interim lightweight title while Adesanya beat Gastelum for the interim middleweight title. Both really good fights. They both have fights with Khabib and Whittaker respectively now(Whittaker pulled out of 234, unsurprisingly).

- At 237 Andrade was losing badly to Namajunas until she damn near killed her with a slam and won the women's strawweight title.

That's all I've got off the top of my head.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.22.2019 | 2:19 PM ET

Welcome home. Great  recap brought to u by pillorychoke.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.22.2019 | 2:57 PM ET

Also Tony Ferguson kinda started losing his mind or going skitso or something he called his wife a witch and  scared her enough for her to make police reports but then   he came back and whooped Cowboy cerrone so he seems fine.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville announced with 13 fights already booked for the card
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC lightweight Paddy Pimblett announces arrival of twin baby girls
  • MMA Mania : Copycat! Satoshi Mimicked Oliveira To Score Stellar Finish
  • MMA Junkie : Ariane Lipski plots her 'best performance ever' against Karine Silva at UFC on ESPN 55