Topic: Other Combat Sports

GGG demolishes Vanes Martirosyan in second round

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.06.2018 | 9:04 PM ET

Another scalp on the mantle for Golovkin. I doubt many expected  Vanes to pull off the upset, but I at least expected this fight to last a little longer.

GGG laced Vanes with a viscious backstep check left hook followed up by a straight right that sent him crumpling to the canvas.He was unable to rise for the count. It was the first time Vanes had been stopped in 34 pro fights.

Vanes could I believe benefit from better tutelage than Edmond 'Count ****ula' Tarverdyan moving forward.

* Edited at 05.06.2018, 9:09 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 3 days, 10 hours, and 12 minutes from now.

Responses

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,128  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

05.06.2018 | 11:24 PM ET

Saunder and Jermall Charllo are the 2 guys with a chance of beating GGG. I hope we see one of those fight but I wont be sad if its GGG beating Canelo again!

"Never go down without a fight"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.07.2018 | 1:27 AM ET

Hyrm I'm pretty high on Charlo. Dude is a KO factory and always turns up to knock blocks off.  He's got.that crazy short hook KO power that the Hawke had.He has fought a lot of smaller comp though...He is big really even for MW.

I scored the canelo fight for GGG but it was closer than a lot of the pundits were reporting IMO. Canelo definitely landed the cleaner shots, but was outworked overall by Golovkin pretty decidedly.

* Edited at 05.07.2018, 1:31 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 3 days, 10 hours, and 12 minutes from now.
seanmb
seanmb
  • Predictions:  63  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 78

05.07.2018 | 6:06 PM ET

Apparently, this happened after the GGG fight.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Vitor Petrino Aims To Continue Rapid Ascent
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Thinks Justin Gaethje Is ‘One Win Away’ From Getting A Title Shot Despite UFC 300 KO Loss
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski confident Max Holloway makes it 'look easy' against UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Middle Easy : Manel Kape Says He’s ‘Undefeated In The Streets’, Could Beat Israel Adesanya In A Street Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m looking to upset the world’: Valenzuela geared up to pull off win over Pitbull
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m looking to upset the world’: Jose Valenzuela geared up to pull off upset over Isaac ‘Pitbull’ Cruz
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria vows to surpass Cristiano Ronaldo as highest-paid athlete in 2025: 'I have no doubt, really'
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Aljamain Sterling, Beneil Dariush, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg expects ‘bottles to be thrown at me’ following win over Alexandre Pantoja at UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : Ali Alqaisi vs. Samuel Bark featherweight title fight headlines UAE Warriors 50
  • Middle Easy : Alexandre Pantoja Tells Sean Strickland To ‘Shut Your Mouth’, Claims He ‘Smashed’ Sean O’Malley In Sparring And ‘Suga’ Has The Video
  • MMA Mania : Canelo Vs Munguia Fight Card, PPV Start Time
  • MMA Junkie : David Feldman: Conor McGregor a BKFC minority owner, 'but he has a lot of say in this company'
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker ‘Very Confident’ His Grappling Skills Are Better Than Khamzat Chimaev, Reveals Gameplan For ‘Borz’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘The world is waiting for it’: Usyk’s promoter hopes Fury takes precautions for May 18 showdown
  • MMA Mania : Izzy Beware! Manel Kape ‘Undefeated In The Streets’
  • UFC.com : Significant Stats | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown rips boxing promoters refusing to follow UFC’s lead: ‘They’re still stuck in the 1990s’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 roundtable: Is Alexandre Pantoja ripe for an upset?
  • MMA Mania : Petrino Vs. Smith Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction