Topic: Former Fighters & Retirements

Rich Franklin getting snubbed by the UFC!?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

04.24.2018 | 12:45 PM ET

Matt Sera is being put into the UFC hall of fame but not Rich Franklin?  How is that even possible?  Not only is he not getting in UFC hall of fame, ive never even heard him even mention as a possible candidate by the UFC.   I am not sure about most of you, but that would rub me the wrong way if I was Franklin. He has superior career to Matt Sera. He also was extremely good to the UFC, in fact he was to good to them. He hurt his career several times, by doing them countless favors.  He fought at all sorts of weight classes for them on short notice and took on absolutely killers that no one else would sign up to fight on short notice. like TRT vitor who was so massive that even after having 3 months to training and preparation, he needed to have the fight moved to 195 like day before the fight because he could not make weight.  Franklin who had 2 weeks notice spent entire two weeks cutting weight and could make it, but again to do the UFC a solid he took the fight at 195. This is the typo of **** they do to replay him is to snub him and then put lesser fighters in the hall of fame over him. What even worse, is with all the **** that come out about Anderson, Franklin claim to the hall of fame is even better. His only loses are all to known cheaters. He has not lost to a single person who has not been caught or admitted to taking PEDs. Hopefully some people read this rant. I just feel badly for Franklin and think UFC has really done him many disservices.  Rich Franklin is the perfect example on why no one should be a UFC company guy and I feel is likely why fighters of this era are much more opposed to being company guys, because they saw how UFC did guys like Franklin dirty. 

"here I come to save the day"

Responses

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

04.24.2018 | 12:49 PM ET

Maybe its a time thing? Serra's last fight was 2010 and Franklins 2012? I mean I would think Franklin would eventually be in the hall of fame

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

04.24.2018 | 12:57 PM ET

Maybe, but that does not explain why he never even been mention once by UFC as possibility while several lesser fighters have.  Also they put people in it who were still fighting before like BJ penn. I don't think the timing is a valid reason. 

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

04.24.2018 | 12:58 PM ET

I have a feeling if they put him in ever it be way after they should have and it will be after he left ONEFC

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

04.24.2018 | 1:15 PM ET

Yeah good point. Who knows its more like they play favorites I guess. Like Bas Rutten. Love the guy and he was great but he fought twice in the UFC. I think there should be some qualifications for getting in, like minimum amount of fights. Sakuraba too, great fighter and a legend in the sport but he won once in the UFC.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

04.24.2018 | 1:25 PM ET

I agree, but that why I feel Franklin snubbing is even worse.  He was a company guys that did whatever they asked to the point of hurting his career at times. Out of all there champanions, no one has been more willing to step in on short notice and go the extra mile then Franklin. He did all they asked and they still snubbed him.  Feel like this just shows you that being a company guy does nothing for the fighters. It pretty much the last thing you want to do, because it does not pay off in the end and they will be just as petty with you in the end.

You got a good point with Bas Rutten.  Sakuraba got in because of pride. They are counting pride since they bought them as if there UFC matches when it comes to the hall of fame I believe they said or implied.

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

04.24.2018 | 2:10 PM ET

No disrespect to Serra but he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame.  Not as a fighter.  Way easier to get in if you're friends with Dana White.  I would like to see the UFC hand this sort of thing off to the fans and the media, it shouldn't be up to the promoter to determine this.  If Dana White thought he could get away with it, there are people he would remove from the Hall of Fame, and there are people you know will never get in as long as he has a say in it.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

04.24.2018 | 2:39 PM ET

Franklin and Serra both deserve to be in the Hall of Fame, hope they both get there.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, and 29 minutes from now.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088

04.24.2018 | 3:24 PM ET

I am pro Serra being in the hall of fame just to be clear. My issue is leaving Franklin out of it and having serra enter with zero mention of him.  I do think Serra should be in it though.

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,901  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

04.24.2018 | 4:13 PM ET

I doubt they'll snub Franklin forever. He doesn't have any beef or anything like that with the UFC as far as I'm aware. Could his OneFC association have something to do with it? Probably not...

I think he just hasn't been around for a while. We don't see him doing media, or cornering fighters like a guy like Serra. He was a company guy though when he was still fighting. I'm sure they'll get to him eventually. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

04.24.2018 | 5:54 PM ET

Rich should be a HOF'er, no doubt. Serra is in because he rides Dana's ****.

Wanderlie Silva is banned from HOF status because Dana doesn't like him. How you gonna have a ****heel like Serra in there and no Wandy?

Tito was removed despite being a multiple time champion. Basically if Dana likes you you're in, if he doesn't you're out. So here's what the UFC HOF is worth:

**** all.

I can't stand Serra for a variety of reasons, foremost because he is still operating under the delusion that Weidman is the second coming of Jesus Christ despite the fact that Weidman's time as champ is over and the remainder of his career will be relegated to gatekeeping and getting Brutally KO'ed by the elites.

Anyway the whole kit and kaboodle isn't worth thinking about.

I personally couldn't give a **** about HOF status TBH because as it isn't decided by the community it is essentially meaningless.

* Edited at 04.24.2018, 7:11 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 4 weeks, 2 days, 1 hour, and 28 minutes from now.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

04.25.2018 | 5:58 AM ET

I agree with what fishrat is saying about there being a biased UFC HOF, it's meaningless unless it's based on merit first and favor with the boss as a far distant second.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, and 29 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

04.26.2018 | 7:49 AM ET

Is Serra the only one this year?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘The Rock’ Shares Footage From MMA Training Camp
  • Bad Left Hook : Inoue vs Nery: Live updates and results, 4 am ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Drakkar Klose explains UFC 301 beef with Daniel Cormier, calls out Beneil Dariush, Jalin Turner
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC 301: Anthony Smith teaches another lesson in misplaced doubt
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Mauricio Ruffy reacts to Conor McGregor comparisons after spectacular UFC 301 debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo discusses next career move after fighting out contract at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira responds to UFC 301 criticism: ‘That’s the risk, but I’m the risk-taker’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: The Rock posts MMA training footage in preparation for role in 'The Smashing Machine'
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for free agent Jose Aldo after UFC 301 win?
  • MMA Mania : Pound For Pound #1 Vs. ‘The #1 Money Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Shogun Rua announced for 2024 UFC Hall of Fame class
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 winner Mauricio Ruffy warns Islam Makhachev 'a new king is coming' after debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja reacts to UFC 301 win, ‘watershed moment’ in flyweight division
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alexandre Pantoja after UFC 301 title defense?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card announced
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Mania : O’Malley Accepts Mac’s Challenge: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja: UFC 301 a 'watershed moment' for flyweights