Topic: Guillard vs. Lauzon

Young assassin my ass

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

TheLastRebel
TheLastRebel
  • Predictions:  253  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 350

10.08.2011 | 9:45 PM ET

Prediction: correct Lauzon   correct Submission   wrong Round 2  

Responses Page 4

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,489  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,788
  • Post Score: 180

10.09.2011 | 6:51 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Guillard   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Why is it funny Mike? Do you think that people arguing against Melvin's being ranked too high has anything to do with Lauzon's stock as a fighter? Lauzon has been much too inconsistent and shown terrible striking defense with so-so TDs. This fight was (as Melvin knew when he called Joe out) tailor made for him and he still ****** it up. I personally still have Melvin at 16th and don't have Lauzon in my top 20 and think Melvin would win a rematch. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

efilowitz
efilowitz
  • Predictions:  664  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 250

10.09.2011 | 7:03 PM ET

Prediction: correct Lauzon   correct Submission   wrong Round 2  

I will have more faith in Guillard when he can battle out of a bad submission spot. Not too many champs, especially at 155, who get subbed the minute they are in a bad spot. He has a ton of potential but needs 3 months straight learning from some defensive jiu jitsu guys. He doesn't need to start pulling flying triangles, but can't get subbed so easily.

"“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.” "

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

10.09.2011 | 9:57 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Guillard   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Guillard's stock plummeted this weekend. Sure he has big power and good striking (not remarkable) but his sub defense still leaves a lot to be desired, he has 9 losses and 8 are by submission. This isn't a little problem with sub defense he's lost 5 fights in the UFC all by submission. Melvin's biggest problem isn't his skills it's his mentality. He came in the fight way over confident and took Lauzon way too lightly. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

10.09.2011 | 10:01 PM ET

I don't think that fight said much about his submission defense. He got rocked and Lauzon swarmed, Joe can finish any 155er that he has hurt.

"We Are All One"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,834  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

10.09.2011 | 10:06 PM ET

@minotauro Well at some point you have to think that his submission defense is terrible, that was proven after several losses all by submission.  He's a great fighter he just needs to be more disciplined and work on his ground game.
minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

10.09.2011 | 10:19 PM ET

That's true.  I'm sure his sub defense has improved since losing to Rich Clementi, but it still likely isn't up to par. At the same time I think he was hurt and getting swarmed bad by Lauzon. I don't see how he could not be improving under Greg Jackson. 

"We Are All One"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,834  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

10.09.2011 | 10:23 PM ET

Ya Joe rocked him for sure, and I'm sure almost anyone would have got caught in his choke after being rocked like that.  That doesn't change the fact though that, rocked or not, Guillard had very little chance of getting out of a submission attempt by Lauzon if it went to the ground. 

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’
  • MMA Mania : Video: Cormier Saved By Security From Pereira Manhandling
  • Middle Easy : Paige VanZant Not Looking Past Fellow OnlyFans Star Elle Brooke: ‘I’m Gonna Get Ready For War’