Tapology Forums

Bellator announces MTV2 television deal!!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
  • Predictions:  356  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 30

12.14.2010 | 9:07 AM ET

I think this is pretty awesome as I don't care what channel it's on as long as I get it, and it doesn't get pushed out of the way by local sports shows every week. Seems like good news.

What do you all think, will you tune in for Bellator on MTV2?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21747/ceo-bjorn-rebney-details-bellators-new-three-year-deal-with-mtv2.mma

Officials today announced the mixed-martial-arts promotion has signed a three-year broadcasting deal with MTV2, which will air two annual 12-week seasons live in the cable station's 80 million homes in 2011. Additionally, "offseason" events will air live between seasons.

In an exclusive interview MMAJunkie.com, Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney confirmed the organization was in "advanced negotiations" with three TV groups but that the MTV option was, by far, the most attractive.

"There is absolutely no question our first choice was MTV2," Rebney said today from Bellator's Chicago offices. "It's about who you reach and how reach them. There was no mistake in this deal or in this structure. TNT or USA or ESPN or FX or CBS or NBC or every TV station, the biggest concentration of men ages 12-34 is on MTV2. It's the same demo that lives and breathes MMA.

"If you're going to build a brand ... in this space, where could there be a better home? There's no question this was the No. 1 option."

MTV2 begins airing Bellator's fourth season, which again will travel to cities across the U.S. each week, in March.

"Break a deal, spin the wheel"

Responses

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

12.14.2010 | 10:37 AM ET

NICE so il be able to see hector lombard kick some ass when does this start ?

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

yankees1
yankees1
  • Predictions:  1,056  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  321
  • Post Score: 86

12.15.2010 | 10:53 AM ET

Hope thet start soon.

"Jones: I'm sure Shogun poops like I poop. "

yankees1
yankees1
  • Predictions:  1,056  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  321
  • Post Score: 86

12.15.2010 | 10:54 AM ET

Thet=they

"Jones: I'm sure Shogun poops like I poop. "

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

12.15.2010 | 10:59 AM ET

I think I heard March somewhere for the next season. I could be making that up.

"I live, I die, I live again."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

12.15.2010 | 11:08 AM ET

na i think i saw that too ...

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

12.15.2010 | 11:11 AM ET

Oh, it's right there at the end of the article. Ha.

"I live, I die, I live again."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

12.15.2010 | 11:25 AM ET

oh ya hahaha ... so wer not imagining things !

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Watch Brawl Break Out At Nate Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal Press Conference
  • Jits Magazine : The Good Of Grappling: A View From Ethics On What BJJ Adds To Our Lives
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: American Top Team Rallies For Poirier, Slam ‘Clown’ Tsarukyan
  • MMA Mania : Bad Matchmaking? Surging Cannonier Forced Backwards For Khamzat Title Bid
  • MMA Mania : Volkanovski: ‘My Next Fight At Featherweight Will Be For The Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexa Grasso, Valentina Shevchenko look forward to new blood after UFC 306 trilogy is complete
  • MMA Junkie : Vicente Luque: Leon Edwards has 'great wrestling cardio,' more versatile striking than Belal Muhammad
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and boxing action June 7-9
  • MMA Mania : ‘Badass’ Diaz ‘Was Looking F—king Good’ Against Lawler
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57's Dominick Reyes: 'I have the pedigree to get me back to the top'
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘More Interesting’ Than Tsarukyan For Makhachev
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz reacts to press conference brawl, nearly gets into another melee with Jorge Masvidal’s team
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Khabib predicts title, urges Johnson to quit mid-fight and more UFC legendary moments without commentary
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Claims Khabib Would Be UFC Champ ‘Right Now’, How He Compares To Islam Makhachev
  • MMAFighting.com : Kade Ruotolo bringing different level of grappling to MMA: ‘I’m not sure if the MMA world is ready for it’
  • Bad Left Hook : WBC orders Vargas vs Figueroa title consolidation
  • MMA Mania : Brawl! Team Masvidal And Team Diaz Come To Blows
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal press conference erupts into wild brawl
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Jorge Masvidal in middle of wild brawl after Nate Diaz refused another press conference faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan: Version of Islam Makhachev at UFC 302 'would be very easy fight for me'