Tapology Forums

If Nick Diaz wins...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DelRose
DelRose

09.09.2011 | 9:24 AM ET

I don't want anyone of you haters jumping on the bandwagon.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Responses Page 2

Joker313
Joker313
  • Predictions:  34,431  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  575
  • Post Score: 215

09.09.2011 | 11:25 PM ET

Penn -130

Diaz Even
BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

09.09.2011 | 11:32 PM ET

Here's how I look at it. Cesar has mentioned in an interview, that it isn't fair to the fans that Diaz/GSP was tossed out the window after the Diaz(no-show) press conference incident. He questioned why Dana White didn't just slap a huge fine on Diaz for missing a petty press conference....
This is a kick in the shins for Diaz. He back tracks and takes a step back instead of moving forward and jumping into a title fight. He had his chance and didn't take the press conference(including the fancy stuff that goes with being a fighter in the biggest organization in the world) seriously. Now he has to face someone who is of equal threat but more technical and will have to put his best performance to put away BJ. GSP would have made it more difficult for Diaz because of the wrestling GSP possesses. 
Now Diaz has to fight someone he respects and admires as a fighter, who he has trained with in the past. This is probably harder to swallow for him because now he doesn't get a huge pay day for the title fight, and all the enjoyments afterwards of being champion in the UFC. He would have had it made finally in his career and he basically stomped on the opportunity. The casual fan would have finally been familiar with Nick Diaz(brash,blunt, and a colorful personality that comes with his bad boy image). If GSP was beaten. We would be able to see how he reacts and which direction his career takes him. We would have had an exciting champion who could have turned a lot of heads and brought more fans on board to this amazing sport.
This won't be an easy fight for Diaz especially knowing he has to face someone like BJ who will be constantly a foot or two in front of him standing and banging. BJ is exquisite on the ground and he won't have to worry about Diaz using any kind of wrestling to control his posture or rubber guard. So no matter where this fight goes it's going to be entertaining. 
That's why this switch is more intriguing. Condit deserves his shot and now Diaz has to prove himself and come back from his actions.
Yes I'll give props to Diaz if he can beat BJ, but he has a lot more to prove in the division before anyone will jump on his bandwagon especially after the stunt he pulled.
*So basically the subliminal message behind my post is my feelings of disappointment with Nick and his actions, but it'll all happen for a reason. It's just unfortunate for the hardcore fans for Nick, and it's a shame to see such a talented fighter do this. I hope the best in his career and hope he can finally get his big pay day and dream to touch the UFC belt, but right now he has to worry about a scary opponent "The Prodigy". Thanks for reading this long ass novel!

* Edited at 09.09.2011, 11:37 PM ET *

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

09.09.2011 | 11:33 PM ET

thats just about even. i would not be surprised if diaz is the favorite in a week. remember diaz went from -375 to -250 vs gsp.
morganheff
morganheff
  • Predictions:  1,705  |  54.3%
  • Forum Posts:  110
  • Post Score: 162

09.10.2011 | 12:09 AM ET

I see Diaz winning by TKO late in the 2nd... mostly because I still want to see him fight GSP. We, the fans are the biggest winners for getting to watch this fight, no matter who has their hand raised at the end!!

"Roy Nelson is not human. He's not human man, I've never seen anything like that... a zombie with a mullet" -Dana White, UFC185 post fight presser

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

09.10.2011 | 12:17 AM ET

if diaz and penn go to the ground..I'LL SOIL MYSELF WITH HAPPINESS!!! lol...maybe not...but that still is a AWESOME thought

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Train2win
Train2win
  • Predictions:  2,953  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 194

09.15.2011 | 7:58 PM ET

Diaz knows his back is against the wall with Dana White, and the organization in general.  He gave up his Strikeforce title to fight in the UFC.  I see Diaz going "all out" for this fight with Penn trying to keep pace with Nick's cardio. 

"“A champion is someone who gets up when he can't.”"

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

09.15.2011 | 8:01 PM ET

I think Nick will lose this fight,

He's like a worse version of Penn; only Diaz's cardio exceeds his.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Hopes to ‘Finish His Story’ at UFC 302 with a Lightweight Title Victory Over Islam Makhachev
  • Bad Left Hook : Cameron splits with Matchroom, signs with Queensberry
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins, bout cancelled
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Cal Ellenor vs Niall Wilson
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter lands just one punch for 11-second knockout
  • Middle Easy : Dillon Danis Delivers X-Rated Retort After Paige VanZant Shreds Him on Social Media
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins
  • MMA Junkie : Brendan Loughnane vs. Justin Gonzales headlines 2024 PFL 6 in South Dakota
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez hopes Alexandre Pantoja retains title at UFC 301: 'I want to fight the guy that beat me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t’
  • MMA Mania : Tom Who? Jones Pursuing ‘Insane’ Pereira Fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Everyone hits marks in Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Jose Aldo makes weight for final fight
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 main, co-main event official weigh-in highlights video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC 301 weigh-in video LIVE now
  • MMA Mania : Ronda Won’t Play Rousey In Netflix Biopic
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones favors Alex Pereira heavyweight clash over Tom Aspinall: ‘Tom only matters in the U.K.’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘We see the type of person he is’: Haney not interested in Garcia rematch after failed drug test