Topic: Yamamoto vs. Uyenoyama

Yamamoto vs. Uyenoyama

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,620  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

09.08.2011 | 4:52 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Yamamoto   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Yamamoto vs. Uyenoyama. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

11.07.2011 | 7:43 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Yamamoto   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

when is Kid's nickname going to be changed to "Man"?

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,564
  • Post Score: 275

11.07.2011 | 7:43 PM ET

Officially punching my ticket to the OCCUYAMAMOTO convention.

"I live, I die, I live again."

AlbusRumbleMOAR
AlbusRumbleMOAR

11.07.2011 | 7:48 PM ET

^ there will be smelly occupy people taking dumps outside the arena and holding anti dana white signs 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 8 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 12 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

11.08.2011 | 10:40 AM ET

Let's go Yamamoto first round finish get me some more points in the fantasy league!!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

BlackSwan
BlackSwan
  • Predictions:  6,242  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: 105

11.09.2011 | 11:58 AM ET

I usually don't believe in conspiracy theories but people are saying that this is a tune up/build up fight for Yamamoto. UFC is planning a show in Japan in February and will probably need many recognizable names.

Yamamoto was most likely being very over-hyped when he first entered the UFC vs Mighty Mouse and I agreed by picking Johnson. Since then, 2 of his scheduled bouts were cancelled vs Cariaso and Page (injury). He's still a decent fighter and has KO power. I believe he gets the job done this time.

My call here is Kid by 1st round TKO. He finishes the fight, no injury and gets booked in Japan next.
DietDrPepper
DietDrPepper
  • Predictions:  14,982  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  637
  • Post Score: 180

11.09.2011 | 8:19 PM ET

The gimmest gimme fight of all time. Kid SHOULD dominate.
UFCFan65
UFCFan65
  • Predictions:  291  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 144

11.10.2011 | 2:39 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Yamamoto   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Knockout of the Night.

"The Fastest Growing Sport In The World. You don't get to the UFC by coming off the street with a karate trophy."

bloopdoopfoopmoop
bloopdoopfoopmoop
  • Predictions:  758  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  112
  • Post Score: 55

11.11.2011 | 3:22 PM ET

Prediction: correct Uyenoyama   correct Decision  

Kid is done.

"Be strong / be wrong"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,574  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

11.11.2011 | 3:34 PM ET

There's a reason why Kid is the heavy favorite.  I want to see him fight at UFC Japan so bad!!  If he wins this fight, which he should, he should fight Brad Pickett.
OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

11.12.2011 | 12:42 PM ET

Looking forward to seeing Kid in the octogon again.

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

Jono
Jono
  • Predictions:  2,901  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  417
  • Post Score: 54

11.12.2011 | 1:37 PM ET

Not sure if they are throwing him a bone here or what... but i think he gets it done finally.
boston93430
boston93430
  • Predictions:  1  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

11.15.2011 | 1:22 PM ET

Prediction: correct Uyenoyama   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I had Uyenoyama by Submission in round 2, close....has anybody seen this guys previous fights?  His jiu jitsu definatley defines him but his stand up isn't terrible either.
Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

11.15.2011 | 1:39 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Yamamoto   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Kid's done, he doesn't really deserve to fight on the Japan card.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

11.15.2011 | 2:21 PM ET

yeah but if w want to have winning fighters on the card, then there won't be any japanese fighters on the card-Oh boo-hoo- you know it is true

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

11.15.2011 | 3:56 PM ET

Hioki and Omigawa are coming off wins over good people. Omigawa should be on a 2 fight winning streak. Riki ***uda is coming off a robbery where he looked very good. Takeya Mizugaki just wrecked Cole Escovedo.  Yushin Okami is the number 3 middleweight in the world. Gomi and Kid were both disappointing but they're both 5 years removed from their primes. 

This whole "Japanese guys can't win in the US" is tired. The good guys from the japanese scene (like Jorge Rivera) get thrown in with the wolves, so they lose, then they pick up guys like Yamamoto and Gomi way too late. Hioki, Omigawa, ***uda, Mizugaki and Okami are all still relevant. 

"We Are All One"

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

11.15.2011 | 4:02 PM ET

not Japanese by DYK is a solid WW..Brian Stann is a top fighter out of Japan as well

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

11.16.2011 | 2:31 PM ET

So are we going to do this? Brian Stann- not Japanese.
Yamamoto and Gomi are not falling short because they are "past their prime" that is a tired excuse.
I have no criticism of Hioki actually. He is probably the best BW in the world and i can't wait for him to fight Cruz. Notwithstanding, it is sad that their only elite fighter is at 135 pounds.
***uda-By no means elite. Could not convincingly beat Nick Ring even if he was robbed.
mizugaki and omigawa are both 2-2 in the UFC if i'm not mistaken. That is not bad, but by no means are they fighters i want to see in a main card. I mean, Bruce Leroy can beat Cole Escovedo too, should we make him a co-main event?
Okami is a legitimate contender at 185, i will admit that.
Bottom line is Brazil has more to offer for a native card. Before you thumbs me down, look at the brazil card and look at the Japan card. Tell me  "no"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

11.16.2011 | 4:26 PM ET

Obviously Brazil is more successful in MMA, they are the second most successful country in MMA. 

I'm not saying ***uda is going to be champion, but he looked good against Ring, and he clearly won that fight. 

You don't think Gomi and Kid are past their primes? That's ridiculous. Before he came to the UFC Gomi was 2-2 in his last 4, losses to Kitaoka and some guy named Sergey Golyaev. His wins were against Tony Hervey (10-12) and Takashi Nakakura. Kid was undefeated, until getting stricken with injuries. When he came back he lost to Joe Warren, and Kanehara (17-10) then got signed after beating Federico Lopez (5-5). Of course, that isn't because he's past his prime, this is the same Kid that knocked out Genki Sudo, Bibiano Fernandes, Rani Yahya, and Miyata in 4 seconds, and has wins over a bunch of other big names like Jeff Curran and Caol Uno, right? Obviously neither of those two are half as good as they ever were.

Mizugaki is a solid bantamweight. I never said he should be in the co main event, that is a ridiculous jump to a conclusion. Omigawa is 1-2 since returning to the UFC at FW. Anyone who watched the Elkins fight (solid 145er, just decisively beat Zhang) could tell you that was a terrible robbery. Jason Young was a big win over a solid prospect, and he beat him more dominantly than Poirier did. He deserves a main card spot. 

If they want to put Kid on the card, he should be buried in the prelims. Omigawa and Hioki deserve main card spots along with some Pride guys like Rampage, then the main event (Bendo/Edgar) and Lauzon/Pettis. 

The argument i tried to make is that the Japanese guys have a worse rep than they deserve. Jorge Santiago was doing really well on the Japanese scene, but got fed to the wolves in the UFC (Brian Stann being a terrible match up and Demian Maia being an amazing fighter) then cut on two losses. Marlon Sandro is getting criticized for not destroying everyone, but he got to the final fight of a big tournament, then got caught after decisively winning against a guy that a lot of people are calling top 5, but everyone is saying that he, like other Japanese fighters, was never good. 

It's ridiculous. 

"We Are All One"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

11.16.2011 | 4:54 PM ET

It's not that the japanese fighters arent good... It's just none of them are great.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

11.17.2011 | 8:13 AM ET

Boom! Thiago hits another homerun.

I still don't understand what your point is @minotauro.

At 33 years of Age Gomi can still compete, the problem is now he has to do so against the likes of Ken Florian, Clay Guida, Nate Diaz, and oter octagon warriors who are miles better than guys like Jeff Curran and Caol Uno, the fighters who you are impressed with Yamamoto for beating. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of kid yamamoto, but I really must take exception to the assertion that Gomi and Yamamoto are "past their prime". I think it is evident that by and large an opponent in the UFC is going to be a more difficult adversary than anyone you will encounter elsewhere.

* Edited at 11.17.2011, 8:21 AM ET *

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : PFL Salt Lake City Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMA Junkie : Bogdan Guskov proud to be first Uzbekistan fighter to enter UFC rankings: 'This is my history'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Sides with Jamahal Hill in UFC 300 KO Controversy: ‘He’s Got a Point Here’
  • MMA Junkie : Victor Henry quotes Kim Kardashian after UFC on ESPN 55 bounce back from groin-shot no contest
  • MMA Mania : ‘PFL Is Not Making A Lot Of Money’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He Literally Is Always In Trouble’
  • MMAFighting.com : Beneil Dariush announced as 2024 Forrest Griffin Community Award recipient
  • UFC.com : Five Caio Borralho Fights To Watch Before UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Will Be Sanctioned as a Professional Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez confident she could impose her will against Zhang Weili: 'My grappling is very, very good'
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘UFC 301 countdown’ video
  • MMA Mania : Sorry, Bobby! ‘Baddy’ Vs. Moicano ‘Would Be Very, Very Funny’
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Hernandez out of UFC 302 fight with Roman Dolidze
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 15-Month-Old Son
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 18-Month-Old Son
  • MMA Mania : ‘Nicolau Had Only What He Deserved’
  • MMAFighting.com : Clay Collard vs. Mads Burnell to headline PFL event in Salt Lake City in June
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: 5 fighters potentially out 180 days
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: Mike Perry faces 60 days off after 60-second bout