Topic: St-Pierre vs. Condit

St. Pierre vs. Condit

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,647  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,583
  • Post Score: 60

09.08.2011 | 4:51 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Condit. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 19

Crazycarlos
Crazycarlos
  • Predictions:  130  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 137

10.16.2011 | 11:55 PM ET

Prediction: St-Pierre  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 4

You can't fly but you can easily pass a triangle to a newbie ! :) So much fun when you realized that after 2 years of being submitted you finally can submit others :)

"GSP for the win"

Crazycarlos
Crazycarlos

10.16.2011 | 11:55 PM ET

OMG I'm stupid :)

"GSP for the win"

Crazycarlos
Crazycarlos

10.16.2011 | 11:57 PM ET

That means I can't even pass a triangle or arm bar to white belt judging by the belt of Tapology ... That sucks :)

"GSP for the win"

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman
  • Predictions:  296  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  315
  • Post Score: 139

10.17.2011 | 12:08 AM ET

Prediction: St-Pierre  |  Decision

Haha, gravy is just a sports thing, I guess. You do good, you get cake. You do great, you add the frosting. But if you have a blowout, then you got gravy

"I'll kill you! I'll kill you to death!"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  56,017  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

10.17.2011 | 12:23 AM ET

Congrats @kayak!!!  I got mine today too :)  I wonder who will get promoted their first stripe first ;)
FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  56,017  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

10.17.2011 | 12:29 AM ET

Btw it's nice to see that after all the steam we blowed out, at the end of the day we can cool down and respect each other as MMA fans devoted to our fighters :)  Nice to see the thread how it is now.
Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

10.17.2011 | 1:08 AM ET

Prediction: Condit  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 4

I agree @Fresno.  I don't have anything against you guys or Georges.  It's just the way I see it.  We are all MMA fans regardless. I respect all of you guys

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

10.17.2011 | 4:13 AM ET

I'm about as big a fan of GSP as any.  He's my favorite fighter.  But for the record, I would like him to fight more aggressively.  Since his loss to Serra, he HAS finished Serra, Hughes and Penn.  In very aggressive style.  

I apologize to Captain for the blatant misquoting.  It makes me smile a little.  You thought we were a harmonious, little village that sat around the campfire agreeing with each other.  Still think that, Captain?  You did ask for more vigorous scrapping.  

Some members seem to wonder why GSP's fans admire him so much when he fights too passively and refuses to go in for the kill, after he's dominating.  I think he does try to finish.  But he failed.  Yes, the great GSP failed when he should not have.  He should have been able to finish Hardy, Kos and Shields.  But he failed.  

But to answer the question of why I am such a GSP loyalist, I'll be honest.  I've seen the more aggressive guys let me down even worse.  Rampage has that killer instinct but lacks GSP's overall mastery.  Wanderlei does too, but takes the risks you want Georges to take and look what happens to him?  Leben same thing.  Even Liddell lacked the common sense, towards the end to broaden his game and use the ground game more.  So, the great Chuck Liddell played to the fans, kept trying to knock guys out and put himself out of the game.  

So, when people give GSP more credit than he deserves, and assume he can win as he pleases, they inevitably end up losing confidence in him and start to hope he loses.  Maybe he tried but failed.  Maybe Hardy had more guts than we give him credit for.  He took a lot of pain.  

So, those with that killer instinct let their careers suffer due to playing to the hardcores, going for the flashy, crowd-pleasing KOs, and throwing caution to the winds.  GSP wants to win more than he wants to fight. Sure, he likes to fight or he would have chosen a different profession.  But he wants to win and so he fights safe.  As did Randy Couture.  If GSP stopped trying to win in the safest way, he'd be unusual.  In almost all sports, people go to great lengths to beat the opponent by exploiting their weaknesses, either real or perceived.  

I am as much an admirer of GSP for his savvy game-plans, and common-sense approach to his sport as I am for his great phyical tools and skills.  His tools are a product of his approach to intelligent, comprehensive training.  So to wrap it up, he is one of the earliest, modern MMA fighters, along with Couture.  Future guys will look back and try to emulate him in their training and game-planning.  He will go down as one of the best.  He is blazing the trail as a pioneer of complete training.  He neglects no aspect of his craft.  He is an artist.  

Early examples of aggression like Tank Abbot or later, Kimbo Slice only serve to prove how superior an athlete GSP truly is.  A Fighter for All Seasons.  He deserves all of your support.  I suspect that those who voted for Condit are more out of a dislike of GSP.  How ironic.  You refuse to support him because of his greatness.  

* Edited at 10.17.2011, 4:19 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

peppersmith67
peppersmith67
  • Predictions:  740  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  112
  • Post Score: 77

10.17.2011 | 9:26 AM ET

Condit will be GSP's best opponent to date, but GSP's wrestling wins him another one

"Is he dead?" little brothers response to Dan Henderson's ko of Michael Bisping

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

10.17.2011 | 4:56 PM ET

GSP via 25 minute dry hump.

"الله أكبرl"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

10.18.2011 | 12:12 AM ET

Love the new gif's for their pictures.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

10.18.2011 | 1:21 AM ET

i would LOVE a condit win...but...i see another attempt at gsp vs diaz after they both win

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Waikru
Waikru
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 220

10.18.2011 | 7:11 AM ET

I don't think I agree with this one Burgess. Many fighters have proven that you can fight agressive and not lose (Silva). Making the fight drag out for five rounds increases the likelihood of you getting caught, like GSP getting an eye injury during the Shields fight.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

10.18.2011 | 12:51 PM ET

Waikru!  Did you see that I greeted you in another thread?  Glad to have you aboard.  I hope you make your predictions and picks.  I did that myself recently.  I hope to see you around the boards.  You and Captain Superman enrich the quality of discussion significantly!  In fact, I'm following you both.  Why not hang around and check stuff out?  

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

10.18.2011 | 1:00 PM ET

Like i've said before Silva, Aldo and Jones all have display some unorthodox and "risky" striking in title fights and yet we here Phil Nurse always talk about these techniques GSP has but they have yet to try them...was he really in danger against Koscheck late in the fight to try something bold?

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman
  • Predictions:  296  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  315
  • Post Score: 139

10.18.2011 | 1:03 PM ET

Yeah, if you ever did the UFC Fantasy over at the UFC forums, they have it basically streamlined with the site, but for just about every MMA event. Pretty cool stuff

And as far as finishing goes, you can't hold anything against GSP, you just give props to those who can get the finish. People just want to see the talent that is GSP put forth more of an effort, instead of what many of us call coasting. 

"I'll kill you! I'll kill you to death!"

Swickotine
Swickotine

10.18.2011 | 1:09 PM ET

"Kimbo fights. GSP is a martial artist." 

Goddamn you GSP fans anger me to no end, ITS CALLED THE UFC, Ultimate Fighting Championship you ****s.

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

10.18.2011 | 1:13 PM ET

Kimbo vs. GSP please

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

10.18.2011 | 1:46 PM ET

@swick it's called MIXED MARTIAL ARTS actually. GSP is a traditional martial artist and Kimbo is a bar fighter. Instead of watching the UFC go YOUTUBE Kimbo and watch him instead of *****ing about what the UFC is. Every fighter in the UFC trains in muay thai, wrestling, jui jitsu etc. This isn't some L.A. riot.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Swickotine
Swickotine

10.18.2011 | 2:02 PM ET

That's all you guys say, "go watch some Kimbo fights in a backyard hehehe" how bout I take you out to a backyard.

Page 19

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Canelo drops Jaime Munguia, wins clear decision to retain titles: Highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘No words for how impressive that was’: Pros react to Jose Aldo’s vintage win at UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Highlights and results: The Best and Wildest from Redneck Brawl 6
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 results: Jose Aldo hints at another title run after lopsided win over Jonathan Martinez
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Jose Aldo's victory over Jonathan Martinez in final contract bout at UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : Vintage Jose Aldo Unleashes Striking Clinic On Jonathan Martinez, Wins Decision – UFC 301 Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo vs. Jonathan Martinez full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 live blog: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 results: Anthony Smith taps Vitor Petrino in two minutes
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 video: Bruce Buffer announces wrong winner for ‘still undefeated’ Anthony Smith vs. Vitor Petrino
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Jumps Guillotine, Hands Vitor Petrino First Pro Loss – UFC 301 Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : 'Dustin Poirier is smiling': Social media reacts to Anthony Smith's finish of Vitor Petrino at UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : 'Dustin Poirier is smiling': Social media to Anthony Smith's finish of Vitor Petrino at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 live blog: Jose Aldo vs. Jonathan Martinez
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 live blog: Anthony Smith vs. Vitor Petrino
  • Bad Left Hook : Canelo vs Munguia: Live updates and results
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 results: Michel Pereira quickly dispatches Ihor Potieria with flair for 8th win in a row
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 video: Michel Pereira chokes out Ihor Potieria with nasty standing guillotine choke in just 54 seconds
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 live blog: Michel Pereira vs. Ihor Potieria
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Boxer Scores Buzzer-Beating Liver Shot KO