Topic: The Ultimate Fighter (TUF)

TUF 26 Cast Revealed. Roxanne and Honchak top the list

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

08.06.2017 | 12:05 PM ET

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/6/16103086/barb-honchak-roxanne-modafferi-among-tuf-26-cast-members-revealed

This cast sucks, hardly any ranked 125ers, it should be called the Honchak and Roxanne season. For a belt they have cans with 2-1 and 3-2 records, not one prospect, but lots of Invicta fails. Other talent would be Deanna Bennett, Sajira Eubanks and Lauren Murphy but not much else. 

Also, hardly any small 135ers or big 115ers picked that are already on the UFC roster. Instead of picking Jojo or Macedo for example they pick a girl who got beat by Macedo, or instead of getting Andrea Lee they pick a girl who got destroyed by Lee. Pointless season without top talent for an inaugural belt.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 4 weeks, 2 days, 21 hours, and 4 minutes from now.

Responses Page 2

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

08.09.2017 | 12:58 PM ET

Daughter of Bob Ostovich?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

08.09.2017 | 4:07 PM ET

Watched some tape on these cans..I mean women and I'm not seeing much talent. It's almost like they didn't pick all the best fighters from tryouts and didn't invite the right fighters..sounds familiar.

I hope they have this tourney seeded like TUF 24 so Honchak and Roxanne can't fight first.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 4 weeks, 2 days, 21 hours, and 4 minutes from now.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,390  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

08.09.2017 | 9:11 PM ET

Not at all impressed with this season. There's so much good talent not included. I'm shocked so many people look at Barb and Roxy as the favorites. Both of them are beyond overrated. I look at this cast and IMO; Lauren Murphy is quite easily the best fighter of the bunch. She's my pick.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,074  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,973
  • Post Score: 195

08.09.2017 | 9:58 PM ET

How's Honchak "overrated"? Beaten Herrig, Ansaroff, Modafferi, Porto, Daly, Smith, and Hashi. That might be the best record for a woman outside of the UFC and better than Murphy's IMO. The question with her is way more the layoff.

Wouldn't call Modafferi overrated either although she looked awful in the TUF house last time.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

08.09.2017 | 10:17 PM ET

When you add context to her wins, are they really THAT impressive? 

She beat a 2-3 Herrig, whose biggest win at the time by a mile was barely beating Jessica Rakoczy. She beat a 1-1 Ansaroff in what was part of a three-fight losing streak for Ansaroff. Her win over Roxy was in the middle of a six-fight losing streak for her. 

A win over Smith, sure, wasn't the worst thing. But Smith, especially at that time, wasn't some sort of "measuring stick" to prove how good someone was. Her wins over Daly and Porto are legit, and even though I've always liked Hashi, she has won two of her last eight. Add this ridiculous layoff onto all of this and it's really hard for me to see Honchak being the winner of this season.

As for Modafferi, maybe "overrated" was not the right term. But she is impressively inconsistent. She has looked good recently. But to assume that is the version of her we see on the show is pretty risky. 

And by me saying that I think Murphy wins the show, I'm not trying to make her sound like some type of world beater. Actually, I think how confident I am in Murphy winning the show is a pretty good indicator of how... meh this season is. She may be 1-3 in her last 4, but none of those have been bad showings. And a legit argument exists that she should be 12-0 right now instead of 9-3. 

* Edited at 08.09.2017, 10:18 PM ET *

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

08.10.2017 | 2:03 AM ET

Plot Twist: the winner of TUF doesn't win the belt, but rather gets a chance to fight for the inaugural belt against Joanna.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

08.10.2017 | 5:27 AM ET

Wish KGB was on the show. We'll see her in the UFC soon enough though.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

08.11.2017 | 9:51 AM ET

KGB?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

08.11.2017 | 1:30 PM ET

^ Andrea Lee 

BoxKicker
BoxKicker
  • Predictions:  15,024  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 186

08.11.2017 | 2:19 PM ET

I will still watch this season, but I'm with a lot of you, this is a bit of a disappointment.  I agree they should have thrown someone like Calderwood in the mix.  Hell the fact that they don't have Christine "Knuckles" Stanley on the roster ,and I know she tried out, is disappointing as all hell.  

They say don't judge a book by its cover, I'm hoping that saying rings true for this season.  Otherwise this is going to be a lack luster competition, with the top 4 dominating the competition.  They should have opened the flyweight division sooner, maybe the UFC wouldn't have lost all the female talent to Bellator. 

Se la vie

"Drive Fast, Take Chances"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Oscar De La Hoya Backs Jaime Munguia After Defeat Against Canelo Alvarez
  • MMA Mania : Video: White, O’Malley Get Burnt During Roast Of Tom Brady
  • MMA Mania : ‘The Rock’ Shares Footage From MMA Training Camp
  • Bad Left Hook : Inoue vs Nery: Live updates and results, 4 am ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Drakkar Klose explains UFC 301 beef with Daniel Cormier, calls out Beneil Dariush, Jalin Turner
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC 301: Anthony Smith teaches another lesson in misplaced doubt
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Mauricio Ruffy reacts to Conor McGregor comparisons after spectacular UFC 301 debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo discusses next career move after fighting out contract at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira responds to UFC 301 criticism: ‘That’s the risk, but I’m the risk-taker’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: The Rock posts MMA training footage in preparation for role in 'The Smashing Machine'
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for free agent Jose Aldo after UFC 301 win?
  • MMA Mania : Pound For Pound #1 Vs. ‘The #1 Money Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Shogun Rua announced for 2024 UFC Hall of Fame class
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 winner Mauricio Ruffy warns Islam Makhachev 'a new king is coming' after debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja reacts to UFC 301 win, ‘watershed moment’ in flyweight division
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alexandre Pantoja after UFC 301 title defense?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card announced
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’