Topic: Lewis vs. Hunt

Lewis vs. Hunt

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

03.20.2017 | 11:23 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Lewis vs. Hunt. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

06.05.2017 | 4:02 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hunt   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

big step up for the black beast. If hunt finds that chin we learn a lot. if lewis finds that chin we learn a lot. picking hunt with my heart!

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

jmartini1985
jmartini1985
  • Predictions:  168  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: -54

06.06.2017 | 12:01 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lewis   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

two big powerful strikers, i think mark hunt is the more technical of the two and has the better leg kicks so technically speaking he should have the striking advantage. However I think this is Lewis time to shine is the younger fresher man, hes riding a 6 fight win streak while hunt is coming off one brutal loss and that loss to lesner, he hasn't looked the same in recent years. also the 7 in reach advantage and the wrestling advantage of lewis should give him the edge. I dont think Hunt has too many more fights in him with all that being said I still think the first one to land wins. I see that being Lewis but its a close fight i think the money line is right.

* Edited at 06.06.2017, 12:02 AM ET *

"Better to die like a man than live like a coward"

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

06.06.2017 | 7:47 AM ET

At this line, i am on Black Beast for sure. I think we first of all, have to accept Hunt is no more the same and as @Yoss said it, he's more like finishing his contract than training to death for this fight. Hunt just get KO cold like 3-4 month ago this is insane + his age. Hunt have no real kick game and no TD game that are for me very useful tools against a brawler like Lewis (Browne's game was perfect against BB even if he failed hard..). Lewis have big size and reach advantage (Hunt is used to fight against bigger guys but still).

My concern with BB is that this guy have a really poor fight IQ and i can see him getting caught stupidly. If he secures a TD which is very feasable and switch into King Kong G&P mode, it's all over. He really have everything it takes to get that win, and at even lines, i m all on it.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

06.06.2017 | 8:06 AM ET

Anxious to see if Hunt can pull this off.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

06.06.2017 | 7:54 PM ET

always the chance that hunto lands and lewis has a questionable chin, but i think there's just too much momentum to stop, both physically and metaphorically.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

06.07.2017 | 7:26 AM ET

Since Hunt does not seem to care, i will go with Lewis.

pass
pass
  • Predictions:  5,090  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 300

06.07.2017 | 8:50 AM ET

Настало время Марка думаю он отдохнул
DaraghMc
DaraghMc
  • Predictions:  11  |  54.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

06.08.2017 | 9:10 AM ET

black beast bbe
Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

06.08.2017 | 3:42 PM ET

I think one thing should be noted,Lewis has fought some of the absolute worst in the UFC HW division and has made a name blasting the bottom of the UFC barrel,and the good guys he's beaten were all on their way down.Jack May whose a bum,Inocente who's a 205'er and got smoked by Perosh his next fight lol,Ruan Potts who had zero business in the UFC.

Viktor Pesta who has 1 win in 5 ufc fights and was iirc smoking Lewis till he gassed,Grabowski who is just a body in the HW division imo,Gonzaga,Nelson (iirc I thought Nelson won) and Browne all past their prime,Abdurahimov who got KO'd by Timothy Johnson in the 1st and hasn't looked great and arguably won the first three rounds before Lewis got a finish in the 4th in a super sloppy fight.All his opponents who he beat have a combined UFC record for their last 4 fights of 7 wins and 22 losses.

I don't put much stock in statistics (although I like to see them),I generally just analyze the fight,but I think it's interesting and I have always thought Lewis has had a pretty good road to look potentially better than he actually is.The guy is so sloppy it's crazy how effective he can be,He has this amazing ability to just power out of stuff,gas guys out with his pace and turn it on exactly when he needs to.His fight with Ricky Shivers was just funny to watch,you want to see one of the sloppiest matches ever involving a highly ranked UFC fighter?That's the one.

I think Lewis might be the safer pick with his hard to control style,pressure,heart,ability to turn it on when needed and Hunt imo looking to just finish his contract, but I gotta go with Hunt.I think if it was Hunt of two years ago he'd KO Lewis without much trouble.Really tough fight to call,it's like rolling the dice on what Hunt shows up,how's his chin,does Lewis fight too aggressive and then the question of Lewis' chin,it's not granite that's for sure,just so many if's in this fight.

* Edited at 06.08.2017, 3:59 PM ET *

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

06.08.2017 | 3:45 PM ET

Those are good points.  I just think that Hunt is not into the fight.

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

06.08.2017 | 10:08 PM ET

Gunnar
Gunnar
  • Predictions:  2,576  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  172
  • Post Score: 66

06.08.2017 | 11:17 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hunt   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Full Disclosure - I bet Lewis vs. Travis, so take anything I say with a Derrick Lewis ham fist pinch of salt. Who the **** knows with hunt, I trust him to show up for war but I can't help but wonder if he prepared in a thorough fashion. Lewis is currently streaking and probably trained for this fight extremely hard, also coming off a camp recently he likely had a night of chicken wings and melon soda and got back into training. The KFC king has a similar diet but the technique is his edge, this is not a fight i'll hang my hat on in terms of analysis as it's like predicting which car is worse off in a head on car crash. I think Lewis tries to draw Mark in, make it a game of gas tanks, I just think the deceptively mobile Hunt leaps into a shot and wobbles Lewis, never allowing him to recover and secures under 2 rounds TKO.
Jolldan
Jolldan
  • Predictions:  673  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 274

06.09.2017 | 6:07 AM ET

A hard choice here but I am going with Hunt. While Lewis is on the more impressive win streak he hasn't faced many strikers as dangerous as Hunt.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

06.09.2017 | 7:35 AM ET

Wish i had more confidence in Hunt these days.

Ultramagnetic
Ultramagnetic
  • Predictions:  63,954  |  72.0%
  • Forum Posts:  595
  • Post Score: 338

06.09.2017 | 6:08 PM ET

"How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm once they've seen Karl Hungus."

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

06.09.2017 | 6:18 PM ET

Lewis is funny :)
Marius2
Marius2
  • Predictions:  917  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: 11

06.10.2017 | 4:54 PM ET

Someone's getting knocked the **** out

"Kei te whakarekarekakoe "

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55