Tapology Forums

Joel Silva leaving UFC

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

08.31.2016 | 12:47 PM ET

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Responses Page 2

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

09.01.2016 | 9:50 PM ET

Fitch, Okami, and Shields all have something in common. When they were in the UFC fans did nothing but complain about them being there and how much they hate watching them fight. When they were cut people cried how dare they! I think whoever made the call about Fitch and Okami saw the writing on the wall that they were on the decent and their future as we've now clearly seen didn't constitue their price tag.

As for Jon Fitch's title shots he got one and got destroyed. Jon Fitch vs GSP happened both in their primes and GSP left no doubt who was better.

As for Askren he should probably be in the UFC but he went and talked a bunch of crap about dana and they never came to a deal. This would seem it falls more on Dana than Silva. Honestly though i forget Askren exists from time to time.

As for Max Holloway besides McGregor holding that division hostage and Aldo vs Edgar being the most logical choice for an interim title fight, thats on Sean Shelby who does 145 and under. If McGregor choses to fight Alveres we might see Max vs Aldo.

What about Demian Maia? Wonderboy is deserving as well probably moreso and he is getting it so Maia will have to wait. There is only one belt. That is to be expected in divisions with more than one deserving contender.

What it seems is you are more mad at fights that did happen that were big money fights like Diaz vs GSP a fight demanded by fans. Or Brock getting a title shot which was clearly a money fight and he walked away with the title and defended it twice so it's hard to say he didn't deserve it.

As for Chael he did deserve his two fights against Silva and he managed to talk his way into a Jon Jones fight. As for Belfort vs Jones that was a late replacement fight and Belfort took the fight on short notice who replaced Dan Henderson coming off wins over Fedor and Shogun. It was because Jones said no to fighting Chael as a replacement that allowed him to talk his way into the fight.

You really haven't provided many examples of fights that didn't happen but rather fights that did and ranting over what fighter got cut though all three got title shots and lost desicively, and who didn't get signed.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

09.01.2016 | 10:05 PM ET

I would add that when fights don't happen it generally has more to do with the fighter(s) in question or Dana White than it does with Silva.  Silva's the matchmaker, he doesn't negotiate with the fighters, he just makes the fights.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

09.02.2016 | 7:51 AM ET

He had the second best job in the UFC behind Dana.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

09.02.2016 | 8:42 AM ET

2nd best? Making fights is a lot better and less stressful than promoting fights and traveling a lot.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 days, 2 hours, and 20 minutes from now.
legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

09.02.2016 | 9:50 AM ET

@Big
Im not mad about Nick vs GSP, but that doesnt mean Nick didnt deserve it.  

like I said, it takes to really not want to see it.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

09.02.2016 | 3:48 PM ET

Might just be my opinion,but I think there should be more than just 2 match makers. Especially if they end up adding more women's divisions.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

09.02.2016 | 7:54 PM ET

^I completely agree they should have at least 3 match makers. 1 doing 145, 135, 125. 1 doing 185, 170, 155, and then 1 doing 265, 205, W135, W115.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• ONE Fight Night 22 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Thongpoon Petchportoror vs. Zakaria El Jamari - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the ONE Fight Night 22 live discussion
  • Thongpoon Petchportoror (0-0-0) TH.
  • Zakaria El Jamari (0-0-0) MA.
  • ONE Fight Night 22 features 4 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand
  • LFA 183 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Gustavo Henrique vs. Marcelo Marques - The fight is over! Round 1 finish!
  • Join the LFA 183 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Marcelo Marques 99% Gustavo Henrique 1%
  • Marcelo "Indomável" Marques (10-0-0) CE, BR is the #96th Pro Mens Lightweight in Brazil.
  • Gustavo "King" Henrique (3-4-0) RJ, BR is the #457th Pro Mens Welterweight in Brazil.
  • LFA 183 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Complexo Ribalta in Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil