Topic: Rockhold vs. Bisping II

Rockhold vs. Bisping II

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

05.18.2016 | 1:05 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Rockhold vs. Bisping II. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

06.20.2016 | 9:04 AM ET

Bisping isn't flattening anyone who takes him seriously

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.20.2016 | 4:50 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Rockhold   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

If you think Luke didn't take him seriously you're delusional.

Just because Luke's too dumb to understand the improvements Bisping's made in his game (amazing that at his age he's still closing holes in his already great striking game) since they last fought doesn't mean he didn't take him seriously.

Bisping has stopped chasing and lunging in against taller fighters (something he repeatedly did in the first fight and got check-hooked every time he did it), he had already shown signs of that against Anderson Silva, so Luke had his fair notice 

And that left hook he clipped Luke with to start things off is also a sort of new addition to his game (at least the way he uses it now), also, shown in the Silva fight.

His head movement and footwork, which have always been great have become magnificent, this makes that he doesn't retreat in a straight line when attacked (like he did in the first fight against Luke) but rather has the option to stay in the pocket and throw back (usually with his left hook).

Also, when he does retreat, he makes sure his opponent doesn't stay close by pushing him off rather than just throwing his hands out, a huge difference when fighting longer fighters.

I think Luke is more athleticism and talent than brains and understanding of the fine points of the game so I can see how he'd miss those points, but it looks like Bisping won more due to his constant understanding of his short-comings and intensive study of what lost him the first fight rather than Luke "not taking him seriously".

I still think that Luke is the favourite if they go for a rubber match, but this win's all Bisping and discarding it on account of Luke being complacent is a pretty whiney and somewhat ignorant thing to do.

EDIT:: By the way, I share that ignorance because it took me rewatching his last fights in hindsight to understand what happened and to see these changes. Before the fight I thought Bisping was way too old to add anything to his game substantial enough to help him beat Rockhold so when he did end up beating him I wanted to try and see if fluke or not and you can see the progression from fight to fight. And if we needed any sort of proof as to just how far above the rest Bisping is in the work ethic section, this is exactly it. VERY few fighters show this much progression so consistently after 35. You have to admire that if you truly love this sport.

* Edited at 06.20.2016, 5:31 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

06.20.2016 | 11:05 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Rockhold   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I don't think it's delusional at all to observe how ****y and nonchalant Luke was towards Bisping, it was almost disgusting and almost made me change my pick. especially going into the fight. He even said he chose Bisping because he was the easiest fight. 

Can't it be both? Can't Luke have not taken him as seriously as he should've AND Bisping has gotten better since their last fight? Of course it can, it doesn't have to be a false dichotomy here. 

It's naive to dismiss the idea that Luke didn't at least think it was going to be easy, from the way he fought, to the way he talked, to the way he handled himself before the fight. He even said he didn't take him as seriously he should've. 

The evidence is that Luke was there for an easy win to get ready for an eventually fight with Jacare, Romero or Weidman, all of whom I still think are harder fights than Bisping. I would still pick Luke to beat Bisping, at least 7 times out of 10.

* Edited at 06.20.2016, 11:11 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 3 days, 13 hours, and 4 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

06.21.2016 | 6:10 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Rockhold   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Yes, not delusional at all.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.21.2016 | 11:34 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Rockhold   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

There's a difference between being ****y and not taking an opponent seriously.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

06.21.2016 | 2:13 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Rockhold   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

A subtle difference at most. mikeyg is on point.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

06.22.2016 | 7:52 AM ET

By Bisping winning this, it leaves other interesting matches like vrs Hendo, GSP and Weidman.

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

06.23.2016 | 11:17 AM ET

Prediction: correct Bisping   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I want Bisping vs GSP, and I´m picking Bisping. 

He wasn´t ever the best as a young man, but he who laughs last, laughs best. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

06.23.2016 | 9:06 PM ET

It's crazy that GSP last win in the UFC, is more recent than Cains.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

06.24.2016 | 7:49 AM ET

Yes, that is crazy.

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

06.24.2016 | 9:09 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Rockhold   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

That is crazy, but at least Cain won his fight legit

* Edited at 06.24.2016, 10:04 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 3 days, 13 hours, and 4 minutes from now.
Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

06.25.2016 | 11:36 PM ET

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

06.26.2016 | 10:45 AM ET

Nice drawing.

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Conor McGregor a better fighter than Michael Chandler but not a better competitor
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases statement on Ryan Garcia’s positive drug tests: ‘People die in this sport’
  • UFC.com : ALEXANDRE PANTOJA: HOMECOMING KING
  • Jits Magazine : Diogo Reis Reveals Striking Training And Hints At MMA Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-UFC signee Sean Loeffler sentenced to prison for domestic violence
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Justin Gaethje: Rematch with Max Holloway would be ‘dream fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : P4P Top 10: Haney tumbles out, top stars take spotlight in May
  • Jits Magazine : WWE Superstar MVP Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • Jits Magazine : Top European Grapplers Impress At IBJJF Dublin Open 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney