Topic: Tuck vs. Emmett

Tuck vs. Emmett

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,636  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,568
  • Post Score: 60

05.04.2016 | 12:35 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Tuck vs. Emmett. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.04.2016 | 12:35 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Tuck   wrong Decision  

Emmett gets the late-notice chance to take on Tuck Sunday. Although he hasn't prepared for this particular opponent, Emmett was scheduled to fight this weekend anyway, so he's not missing a training camp.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.04.2016 | 2:13 AM ET

Yup, he was scheduled to defend his WCFC strap. Also, I don't think he'd train that different for Tuck. His game plan against all his opponents is more or less the same and with Tuck being pretty well rounded with no glaring tendencies I don't see it making that much of a difference.

EDIT:: I wouldn't sleep on Emmett vs. Tuck. Emmett's got serious power in his hands and has a more complete striking game that most wrestlers-turned-MMA-fighters. He switches stances (usually to land a left high kick, he doesn't have a very extensive southpaw game, but still, it's another look), not bad footwork, has got a pretty good kicking arsenal and can take a punch. I still give Tuck the advantage on the feet, being faster, longer, slicker and more precise, but if Emmett lands it's the great equalizer. 

Also, if Emmett gets Tuck to the mat (which I totally expect him to at least try), Tuck hasn't shown any sort of sense of urgency throughout his career uptodate. He has a tendency for making fights much harder than they really are and doesn't seem to have that next gear shift when he's losing a fight while Emmett also has cardio for days so if Tuck gasses out (which he sometimes does) he's in for one hell of a dangerous 3rd round.

I personally am picking Tuck because it's stuck in my head that he's supposed to become this great fighter (I usually click on to guys not living up to their potential at least 3-4 fights too late), but if anyone's in hunt for a super live dog this would be a great place to start.

* Edited at 05.04.2016, 7:52 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold

05.04.2016 | 7:04 AM ET

By the way, I've embedded his last fight vs. Christos Giagos on the bout page for people who don't know him to see.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,939  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,377
  • Post Score: 40

05.04.2016 | 2:17 PM ET

tuck is okay. emmett is coming off a full camp at alpha male, but it's a step up. if he's a good wrestler though then maybe he can pull off the upset.
alanlod
alanlod
  • Predictions:  188  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

05.06.2016 | 10:34 PM ET

Prediction: correct Emmett   correct Decision  

went out with a bit of a wild card on this one lol

"I talk and I talk and I talk but guess what....."

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

05.07.2016 | 6:13 AM ET

Taking to Urijah the coaches at Team Alpha Male were dumbfounded they did not select him for last tuf that had LW's. They say he is top prospect at Team Alpha Male

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv
  • Predictions:  1,447  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 183

05.07.2016 | 10:49 PM ET

Prediction: correct Emmett   correct Decision  

Emmett comes in on short notice having been training for a 5 round fight of his own. His wrestling base will lead to a 29-28 decision on all 3 cards.

"Aiming to be professional sports handicapper"

yossgold
yossgold

05.09.2016 | 4:12 AM ET

Dayum! Sucks I didn't pull the trigger on that Emmett dog ... I basically listed all the reasons Tuck would lose in my earlier post, they all happened and I'm stuck with a couple of red crosses and 75 points less :D

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,996  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

05.09.2016 | 1:46 PM ET

@Yoss You need to start breaking down more fights.

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia live stream online
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Stream: Highlights, Results And More!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: There's no respect for 'smaller dudes' Conor McGregor, Max Holloway if it weren't for Jose Aldo
  • MMA Mania : How To Stream Canelo Vs. Munguia PPV Card
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira blasts ‘scared’ UFC middleweights for refusing fights, done calling out opponents
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 6: 'I suspect we're going to piss off a lot of Brazil'
  • MMA Mania : Preview: Canelo Vs. Munguia Full Fight Breakdown
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Agrees To Write Script For Netflix Film Based On Her Memoirs
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith dismisses online trolls ahead of UFC 301: ‘Fans are stupid’
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown announces his MMA retirement: ‘Not doing it again, I’m out’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown, owner of second-most knockouts in UFC history, announces MMA retirement
  • Middle Easy : Alex Pereira Responds To Jon Jones’ Callout, Says Bout With ‘Bones’ Will Be ‘Biggest Fight Of His Career’
  • MMA Junkie : Stephen A. Smith 'disgusted' by Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson being sanctioned as a professional boxing bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Jonathan Martinez already beat two of his UFC heroes, Jose Aldo is next: ‘He had his chance’
  • MMA Mania : Cha-Ching! Canelo Expected To Earn Massive Cinco De Mayo Payday
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg live stream watch party at 9:45 p.m. ET
  • Bad Left Hook : Nishida beats Rodriguez for IBF bantamweight title
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Randy Couture Talks Kayla Harrison’s UFC Debut, Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul Prediction And Best KO’s Of All Time
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 predictions: Three unanimous picks in Rio de Janeiro