Tapology Forums

What day did the 10-8 criteria get changed this year?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

5ent
5ent
  • Predictions:  1,138  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  136
  • Post Score: 224

11.22.2015 | 12:54 PM ET

Which was the first UFC card to use it? 

" Got ******' wolf bubblegum bodies.. ya'll just eating 'um up"

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

11.22.2015 | 6:54 PM ET

didn't realize there had been any official change...

"I live, I die, I live again."

Kinsalsa
Kinsalsa
  • Predictions:  360  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,772
  • Post Score: 129

11.22.2015 | 8:14 PM ET

This may be only in california. As far as I remenber all this talk about changing the 10-8 criteria began in bellator dynamite, which was held in Cali, when jimmy Smith explained that Big Jhonn McCarthy told him about a change to the 10-8 scoring criteria, for california only? Idon't remenber. Jimmy explained what Big Jhon told him, basically a 10-8 would be scored for a dominant round and that you don't necesarily have to come close to stop your opponent as long as you control/dominate the whole/most of the round. However, Jimmy wasn't even sure if this new criteria change was official. There was a draw that night, in which a dude won a rd 10-8 for taking the back in a standing position most of the round, then the dude lost the next two rounds and it was a draw. Jimy said something among the lines "that if the new criteria is applied the 1st rd. was 10-8 and the dude lost the next two rds. 10-9 so the fight would be a draw" and the fight was actually declared a draw 28-28. I don't like this. If there is a rule change they should have made it public with the media before instating it. If someone could go back and watch it, that would be good. I think It was in the first prelim (the only fight that was a draw) where it was explained this rule change.

* Edited at 11.22.2015, 8:42 PM ET *

"Endings are sad, beginnings are scary...but it's the middle that counts."

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

11.24.2015 | 8:48 AM ET

my understanding was there wasnt a change- california has been looking into ideas to improve scoring for a while, including half points being trialed in amateur bouts but that all thats happened so far for pro bouts is a clarification of the existing rules reminding judges that not every round is a 10-9, that 10-10 and 10-8 exist (and shouldnt be super rare)

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Robelis Despaigne sees himself fighting for UFC heavyweight title in 2025
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 poster released showing return of Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan’s Coach Doesn’t Believe #1 Contender Is Ready To Dethrone Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean O’Malley’s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Paddy McCorey | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : The Octagon
  • UFC.com : Olympians To Compete In The UFC
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz Boxing Match Moved From June 1 to July 6 in Anaheim
  • MMAFighting.com : Muhammad Mokaev faces Manel Kape at UFC 304 in Manchester
  • MMA Mania : Mokaev Vs. Kape In The Works For UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Pokes Fun at Islam Makhachev’s Performance on Punching Machine Ahead of UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO Group Holdings suffered net loss of $249.5 million in 2024 first quarter largely due to UFC antitrust settlement