Topic: Fantasy & Games

BLC Season 6: Official Draft Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

OldManGloom
OldManGloom
  • Predictions:  109,651  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  9,505
  • Post Score: 254

07.01.2015 | 9:50 PM ET

It's time to get this party started!  But first we must unveil to you the newest change to the BLC:  The Beserker.  

Each week when the captains vote on which events will count for the following weekend they will also name one of their team members as their designated Beserker for that week.  The Beserker must be someone who is going to pick every event for that weekend.  In addition to the designated player, a second member of each team will be eligible for Beserker bonus points (what we have been calling the wild card in our behind the scenes discussions).  This person will simply be the highest finishing, non-designated player on each team for that weekend's contest.  The bonus points will be awarded the following week after the weekend contest is finalized on Sunday evening.  So the Beserkers chosen in week 1 will have their bonus points added to the week 2 team total (there will be no bonus points for week 1).  Beserkers will not earn any extra points toward their individual standings, these are strictly team bonus points only.  We will be awarding points for a top 20 weekend contest finish, decreasing in value as you move on down:

1st: 240 pts.
2nd: 230 pts.
3rd: 225 pts.
4th: 215 pts.
5th: 205 pts.
6th: 200 pts.
7th: 195 pts.
8th: 190 pts.
9th: 180 pts.
10th: 175 pts.
11th: 165 pts.
12th: 150 pts.
13th: 140 pts.
14th: 130 pts.
15th: 125 pts.
16th: 115 pts.
17th: 100 pts.
18th: 75 pts.
19th: 65 pts.
20th: 50 pts.

The point scale was created by @Toll and is based on Tapology scoring increments.  Obviously, we are aiming for something just to spice it up a bit, not drastically alter the good thing we've got going, which is why the bonus points are not substantial, but still significant enough to potentially swing a closely contested match up.  We hope you all like it!

As usual, this is a snake draft.  We will most likely have a bit of down time this weekend, as those of us in the States will be celebrating the 4th, but shouldn't have any problems finishing by next Thursday evening in time for Invicta.  I'll also post the event voting thread either Sunday (depending on how I'm feeling after a long weekend of drinking and explosions) or Monday night.  And an early heads up that week 2 will begin with UFC Fight Night 71 on Wednesday the 15th.

Draft Order:

Odd rounds:
1.  @Yossgold
2.  @Nomad
3.  @GreenHornet553
4.  @CthulhuJones
5.  @Toll
6.  @joe kerr
7.  @PsychicDeath
8.  @Lopati

Even rounds:
1.  @Lopati
2.  @PsychicDeath
3.  @joe kerr
4.  @Toll
5.  @CthulhuJones
6.  @GreenHornet553
7.  @Nomad
8.  @Yossgold

Good luck everyone!

@Yossgold is on the clock.

"When the system fails you you create your own system."

Responses Page 20

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.08.2015 | 3:41 PM ET

@miscatonic.

Aaaaand we're done!

Main thread here, week 1 thread here.

Peace out, got me some berserking to do!

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,791
  • Post Score: 273

07.08.2015 | 3:44 PM ET

Oh ****! Get your towels ready it's about to go down! Everybody in the place hit the ******* deck but stay on your ************* toes. It's about to go down! Everyone hit in the place hit the **********in' deck

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Toll
Toll
  • Predictions:  46,751  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  368
  • Post Score: 542

07.08.2015 | 4:39 PM ET

"Any craft who'd fain To cross the Sea Lords Special Royal Domain Must pay the tribute that King Neptune wishes And be received by mermaids sharks & fishes For we'll see you on the morn. Any who resist will wish he'd not been born"

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

07.08.2015 | 9:37 PM ET

"Ahhh, ****, we're gonna have to be lookin' at J-roc the entire ******' season..."

@shot2thesac, that's right b, ever week there will be a new av of J to the R-O-C and The Roc Pile, you what I'm saying?

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

07.08.2015 | 9:41 PM ET

May I suggest that for next season we restrict the thread to just the Captains and Commissioners; and perhaps have it two weeks before the start date? We are just cutting it close with this one. As much as I love the banter from everyone, it may just be less chaotic for everyone to figure out who has been drafted and who has next pick.

It may or may not help, but it is just a thought.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

07.08.2015 | 10:27 PM ET

FU, @Griffy, you're just adding.... wait, the draft is.. Ok... never mind, AHHH FU @Griffy

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

Page 20

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Ready to Knock Islam Makhachev Unconscious at UFC 302: ‘The Ref’s Going to Be Pulling Me Off Him’
  • Middle Easy : Husband and Coach of UFC Fighter Hailey Cowan Arrested, Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor ‘Hundreds of Times’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says next fight after Curtis Blaydes has to be for undisputed belt: 'I'll wait it out if I have to'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier makes bold prediction for Islam Makhachev fight at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Labels ‘Little R—ard’ Topuria ‘A Non-Champion’
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva opens as huge favorite over Chael Sonnen in July boxing match
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Spence should pay former trainer his worth
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He put you in position’: Vergil Hunter explains why Errol Spence should pay Derrick James his worth
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier adds short-notice debutant Mitch Raposo
  • MMA Mania : Mouthy Mac Warned To ‘Be Careful’ With Khabib Critique
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier stars in new Bud Light commercial ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor adopts 'cold in the soul' approach, won't fight with animosity in UFC return
  • MMAFighting.com : Husband and coach of UFC fighter arrested for alleged sexual abuse of child
  • MMA Mania : Finalized! UFC Saudi Arabia Fight Card, ABC Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Mitch Raposo steps into UFC 302 for debut vs. Andre Lima
  • MMA Junkie : Stamp Fairtex out of ONE 167 due to injury, scheduled ONE 168 champ vs. champ bout in question
  • UFC.com : Islam Makhachev’s Career Highlights | Title Wins To Best Finishes
  • MMA Junkie : Justin Gaethje credits fight style for his bigger UFC paydays
  • UFC.com : Flyweight Thriller Between Alex Perez And Tatsuro Taira Headlines At UFC APEX
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Who’s Next For Mix And Murphy?