Topic: Holloway vs. Oliveira

Holloway vs. Oliveira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,768  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,645
  • Post Score: 60

06.15.2015 | 11:55 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Holloway vs. Oliveira. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.15.2015 | 11:55 AM ET

Prediction: correct Holloway   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Oliveira's facial expression sums up how awesome this fight is. I know some people think Holloway should be getting a higher ranked opponent, but let's get these two in the cage while they're surging. Besides, Holloway needs another 2-3 before we see him in there fighting for the strap. Edgar and Mendes are decidedly ahead of him.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

06.15.2015 | 12:20 PM ET

Why does holloway need another 2 to 3 wins?  He on a 6vfight win streak and has a win over a top 5 at the time of the fight in Cub who he finished.  I think making him get another 3 wins is rather excessive.  He needs one win in my opinion and they honestly should have put him against Mendes.  Edgar has the next shot, but honestly I don't even think Mendes deserves to be ahead of holloway especially if Aldo retains the title in his next fight.

* Edited at 06.15.2015, 12:27 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

terrencetj
terrencetj
  • Predictions:  34,101  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,646
  • Post Score: 258

06.15.2015 | 1:21 PM ET

Oliveira is good, but Holloway is gunna put it on him.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088

06.15.2015 | 2:20 PM ET

If Holloway finishes Oliveria...does he get the next title shot? I mean that be a 7 fight win streak and he would have finished 6 of his last 7 opponents, including two top 10 opponents. Seems like it be kinda hard to deny him a shot.

* Edited at 06.15.2015, 2:21 PM ET *

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

06.15.2015 | 2:35 PM ET

If Aldo beats Conor. We will see the Conor/Max rematch.  Which I really want to see now.

If Conor wins I thonk we will see Max/Frankie, which I also really want to see now.
Follow The Money
Follow The Money

06.15.2015 | 2:36 PM ET

^^That is if Holloway beats Oliviera.  Which I'm sure.
Follow The Money
Follow The Money

06.15.2015 | 2:37 PM ET

Oh zhit. This is headlining.
legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

06.15.2015 | 2:38 PM ET

@Franklin, I hope he doesn´t, I rather watch him fight 2-3 more times and work his way through the top 10 into title shot. I love watching him fight and I believe he will be the champion someday, but not yet, he still very young and he´s still developing muscle mass,  and imo he needs to hone his technique a bit more also his wrestling worries me a bit, he has said before he is a striker and he likes to stand, but a fighter can´t neglect wrestling in MMA specially in a division with the likes of Edgar and Mendez if you want to be and stay the champion.

I think Max Holloway is the most exciting prospect the UFC has right now I want to se him develop fully before he gets thrown to the sharks.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

skelliher
skelliher

06.15.2015 | 2:41 PM ET

@Franklin; it's not a matter of Max not deserving one after that win, but it's a matter of Edgar and Mendes deserving the shot over him. He'll have to stay busy with another one.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

06.15.2015 | 2:50 PM ET

I said Edgar deserved the next shot, but why does Mendes deserve a shot over Holloway? Especially if Aldo wins? He already lost twice to Aldo. He also only on a one fight win streak. Would it not then make way more sense to have holloway fight mendes for the next shot? I feel like a one fight win streak when you have already lost twice to the champ should not put you next in line for a title shot especially when there another guy out there who riding a 6 fight win streak. 

Also think making him get another 2 or 3 wins seems crazy to me.  If he wins 3 more times, he have 9 fight win streak in the UFC. That be the longest win streak of a person in the UFC with out getting a title shot by far in that division. If Holloway wants to wait a few more fights I am all for it, but if he looking for a title shot, I think you pretty much have to put him in a number 1 contender fight very soon especially if he finishes Oliveria, or just give him one if he does.

* Edited at 06.15.2015, 2:58 PM ET *

skelliher
skelliher

06.15.2015 | 5:09 PM ET

Fair point on Mendes, but I think there are two reasons why they're not putting Holloway in there with Chad. 

1) They're still angling to make Edgar vs. Mendes as a title eliminator, and I suspect Edgar will relent and accept that bout. 

2) If not, they think there is a strong possibility of McGregor defeating Aldo, opening up a possible grudge match between he and Mendes. They've had plenty of words in the past, while McGregor and Edgar have remained largely respectful of one another. 

Finally, I think this is a case of them listening to the fan sentiment out there. There were tons of people calling for this fight after Oliveira's last win. Also, Holloway is very young. No need to rush him in there. Even if they offered Mendes the fight, he probably won't accept anything other than title shot or Edgar at this point.

* Edited at 06.15.2015, 5:09 PM ET *

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

06.15.2015 | 11:12 PM ET

Prediction: correct Holloway   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Slice/Shamrock may be next week and for how good awful that fight will be, Holloway/Olivera will make up for it. That's how amazing of a fight this will be. 

* Edited at 06.15.2015, 11:30 PM ET *

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,073  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

06.16.2015 | 4:12 PM ET

Prediction: correct Holloway   wrong Decision  

I LOVE THIS MATCHUP! This is the match Holloway needs to advance and I think he out strikes Oliveria here uses his takedown defense and gets the UD.

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

DevillYeezus
DevillYeezus
  • Predictions:  119  |  58.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 50

08.23.2015 | 2:27 PM ET

Prediction: correct Holloway   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Holloway tough fighter the only one Mcgregor cant knocked out
Follow The Money
Follow The Money

08.23.2015 | 2:28 PM ET

Come on now, Max is of my favorite fighters, but you can't tell me he wasn't getting knocked silly before Conor got injured.  I think Conor would have finished him in the 3rd.  If they were to rematch now, I'd have to take Conor by decision.
Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

08.24.2015 | 6:33 PM ET

Prediction: correct Holloway   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Oliveira said he injured his neck in training before the fight. He said he did some physical therapy and felt fine. I hope he has a speedy recovery. I am not sure how long this injury takes to heal, but I can't see Holloway or the UFC to wait around. If there is a rematch, it won't be immediate.

Article

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

08.25.2015 | 6:46 AM ET

Terrible way to lose a fight.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Desperately Wants to Get on Joe Rogan’s Podcast: ‘He is Scared of Me’
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Zygimantas Ramaska | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Roedie Roets | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dustin Poirier, the Bud Light Genie and an alien walk into a bar ...
  • Middle Easy : Bryce Mitchell Implores Parents to Stop Vaccinating Their Kids, Convinced Public Schooling Will Turn His Son Gay
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Shamidkhan Magomedov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Ryan Loder | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Belal Muhammad Calls WWE Supporters ‘Real True’ Fans, Dubs ‘90%’ of UFC Fans as ‘Drunks That Don’t Care About Anyone’
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It, We’ll Sue Them’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: If Khamzat Chimaev doesn't manage his pace, 'it's going to be an early night for him'
  • Middle Easy : Son of UFC Legend Anderson Silva Will Fight Alongside Him at the Spaten Fight Night Event on June 15
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Donn Davis responds to Bellator fighter complaints about inactivity, unpaid medicals: 'We're direct, fair and reasonable'
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Doing A Great, Amazing Job!’ Topuria Praises Nice Guy O’Malley
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett sends warning to ‘sh*t human being’ Bobby Green ahead of UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman makes 'crazy' pitch of Oleksandr Usyk vs. Francis Ngannou: He's 'the biggest puncher out there'
  • MMA Mania : Fourth McGregor Fight? Poirier Doesn’t ‘Need That Bad Energy In My Life’
  • MMAFighting.com : Khalil Rountree Jr. suspended 2 months for doping violation, could face additional penalty in Nevada
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria praises 'showman' Sean O'Malley: 'I like him, he's doing a great job'
  • MMA Junkie : Mateusz Gamrot trashes Charles Oliveira for considering Colby Covington's callout: 'Thought you were better than that'
  • MMA Mania : Pimblett: ‘Proper S—t Human Being’ Green’s ‘Chin Is Gone’