Topic: Fantasy & Games

Destroy All Oddsbots 2: Electric Boogaloo Team Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,309  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

01.10.2015 | 8:20 PM ET

Team Rules:
1. Steroids, Steroids, Steroids!
2. Spinning **** encouraged.
3. No grabbing the cage.
  3a.  Unless you can get away with it.
4. Automatic 10-8 round for this:

5.  No hitting on the Octagon girls before a fight.
  5a.  After the fight is totally cool.
  5b. Except Brittney Palmer.  She's mine!!
6.  When the round is starting, get off the damn stool.
7.  Cheick Kongo Rule: Three free nutshots before point deductions.
8.  Ees normal.
9.  Rousey by armbar.
10.  Bas Rutten Rule: Leever kick KOs count double.

Team Members:

psychicdeath
Outrageous
2kTweeK
Ultramagnetic
Rob Hallman
House Sparrow
2 Nyce
mmalari
DontBeScaredHomie

Things are a bit different this time, with divisions and 9 players per team, but the basics will be the same. The main thing, to me at least, is consistently making all your picks.  A low score is much better than none at all.

* Edited at 01.10.2015, 8:33 PM ET *

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

Responses Page 3

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.05.2015 | 1:19 PM ET

@mmalari, I hope everyone in your family is back to good health.  

By the way, how is Basque country? I was stationed in Spain from 1987-1989 (at Torrejon Air Base, outside of Madrid) but I never made it up north. Toledo and the Costa Blanca were pretty cool, though.

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

mmalari
mmalari
  • Predictions:  114,892  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,905
  • Post Score: 168

02.05.2015 | 5:28 PM ET

All good Fortunately, Thanks for your interest

Euskalherria (basque country) is beautiful no words to define it.

Good food (here we have many Michelin stars) very welcoming and friendly people, good beaches for surfing, mountain very good for trekking.

In the era in which you were in madrid stationed in torrejon of ardoz here there were problems with terrorism but today thank god everything is fine.

Ahhh and have the best soccer team in the world ATHLETIC CLUB BILBAO
DontBeScaredHomie
DontBeScaredHomie
  • Predictions:  44,107  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,217
  • Post Score: 279

02.05.2015 | 6:43 PM ET

@mmalari glad to hear all is well. There is no more helpless feeling than having a sick child and not being able to do anything about it Now back to business lets go break dance on Team Joe Kerrs face!!! Dont forget to be in full uniform when the fights begin tonight.

"Ohhhhhhhh ****! Look at that door, dude. See that door there? The one marked "Pirate"? You think a pirate lives in there?"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.05.2015 | 6:45 PM ET

@mmalari, 

Yep.  I remember a few bombings at some of our smaller sites (areas outside of the main base where we had a handful of people working) during my time there.  If I remember correctly, they were generally crude home made landmines, equivalent to the IEDs so common in Iraq and Afghanistan this decade.  A few close calls, but no fatalities that I remember.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.06.2015 | 6:08 PM ET

Reminder: There are two events tonight.  We still haven't gotten all RFA 23 picks in, and the event locks in a bit over two hours.  Also, there's TOP FC 5 tonight.  It's officially a Saturday show, but it's at 2 hours after midnight tonight Eastern Time, so it locks in under 8 hours from now, and we're missing several picks still.

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

02.06.2015 | 6:22 PM ET

So the week has come; I am against my rookie season team.

Good luck boys!

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.07.2015 | 1:12 AM ET

According to Toll's spreadsheet, we came back after a mediocre event last night.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEc060MeUoQQ0hBLVNfRmc5NHc/view?pli=1

With two events down, we're up by only 5 points on the raw score, but 80 on the adjusted score.  Still 3 events remaining, though.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.08.2015 | 1:46 PM ET

After 4 events, Toll's spreadsheet had us up, and with the 5th event scores added, it looks like we got the win.

Nice week, and importantly to me, we didn't have any missed picks this time. They had one guy who missed a few events, and without that it could have been close, although I think we still would have won.  Good job, guys.

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

02.08.2015 | 3:10 PM ET

That's exactly what happened with us last week @psycho AND I said the exact same thing.

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

02.08.2015 | 8:05 PM ET

Congrats guys!

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.09.2015 | 5:45 PM ET

Our win is now official, so we're 2-2 at the moment.  This week, we take on the Dilly Dong Cummins.

Events have been decided, and unlike last week, we have some major events this time instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel:

[Thursday, Feb. 12th, 21:00 ET] WSOF 18: Moraes vs. Hill
[Friday, Feb. 13th, 21:00 ET] Bellator 133: Shlemenko vs. Manhoef
[Friday, Feb. 13th, 22:00 ET] Legacy FC 38: Njokuani vs. Gifford
[Saturday, Feb. 14th, 22:00 ET] UFC Fight Night 60: Henderson vs. Thatch

Two things to note here.  First, WSOF is on Thursday, not Friday.  It's sometimes easy to get into the "fights are on Friday and Saturday" mindset and let one on a different day slip your mind.  Second, the times listed are usually for the main card, so events generally lock at least two hours, and sometimes up to four hours before that.

We did pretty well this week.  As long as we consistently make all our picks, we should easily make the playoffs.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.12.2015 | 3:10 PM ET

Reminder: We're still missing a few WSOF picks, and it's tonight, not the usual Friday.  Picks lock at 7:30 PM ET, about 4 hours from now.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.13.2015 | 12:36 AM ET

Great job on the first event.  2Nyce picked up a solo win on WSOF.  My scores were pretty bad, but everyone else did really well.  Plus, unless I'm mistaken or there were some trades I didn't know about, the Dilly Dong Cummins had three people miss the WSOF picks.

So, we have a nice lead after 1 event.  in adjusted score, we lead 2,650 to 1,785, for 865 points.

Let's keep the lead and make sure we get all picks in for the remaining three events.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.13.2015 | 12:50 AM ET

Also, heads-up.  There were some late additions to Bellator 133, and they're outside of the 12-hour window, so they're pickable.  Legacy 39 looks unchanged for now.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.14.2015 | 1:11 AM ET

After 3 events, we have an adjusted lead of 1,110 points.  Just UFC tomorrow left, so let's protect the lead:

Edit:  I see Toll's spreadsheet is updated and it looks like I'm a bit off.  I'll figure out my screwup and fix it tomorrow.  We're still up, just by slightly less.

* Edited at 02.14.2015, 1:18 AM ET *

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.15.2015 | 2:17 AM ET

Toll has the speadsheet out.  We lost some ground on UFC, but still came out with the win by 865 points.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEc060MeUoQTy0tS01oUlVDVk0/view?pli=1

We're 3-2 now, on a three game win streak.  Next up, the Junkies, which looks like a tough one.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.17.2015 | 6:48 AM ET

Events for this week:

[Friday, Feb. 20th, 22:00 ET] DEEP JEWELS 7: Featherweight Title GP
[Saturday, Feb. 21st, 09:15 ET] EFC Africa 37: Mynhadt vs Madge
[Saturday, Feb. 21st, 10:00 ET] M-1 Challenge 55: In Memory of Guram Gugenishvili
[Saturday, Feb. 21st, 12:00 ET] BAMMA 18: Duquesnoy Vs. Klaczek
[Saturday, Feb. 21st, 14:00 ET] KSW 30: Genesis
[Saturday, Feb. 21st, 17:00 ET] Face to Face 10
[Sunday, Feb. 22nd, 02:00 ET] ZST 44
[Sunday, Feb. 22nd, 20:00 ET] UFC Fight Night 61: Bigfoot vs. Mir

There's a lot to pick this week, and we have a tough matchup against the Junkies.  We really can't afford any missed events.  The times listed are mostly for the main cards, plus many are not in the states, so be prepared for the picks to lock a few, or in some cases several, hours before the times listed.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.20.2015 | 1:39 PM ET

A bit of news for this week.  We have a player who is dropping out.  From the message it sounds like he'll be making picks this week, but after that, I have a roster spot to fill.  Ideally, I would have liked to have a replacement ready for this week.  I texted my brother in law to see if he felt like joining, but no answer yet.  Right after that I came up sick, so I haven't been able to do much digging for a replacement since then.  Put out a few feelers just now and hopefully they'll bear fruit, but for this week I may have to take our departing player at his word that he'll be picking this week and let the chips fall where they may.

Any suggestions/leads on a replacement?

Also, just a reminder that we have a really full schedule of events this week, and that there have been some late changes to Jewels for tonight, so get your picks in.  

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

02.20.2015 | 2:48 PM ET

Problem solved

taylorpaige
taylorpaige
  • Predictions:  1,143  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 350

02.20.2015 | 2:50 PM ET

here

"Vince Vaughn is so terrible you thought Jon Favreau and Owen Wilson were actually good"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds, Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Vs. Potieria Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, April 30: Alex Perez joins top 15 at flyweight after upset KO
  • MMA Mania : ‘Holloway Is The Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for April: Max Holloway's buzzer-beater BMF finish a unanimous winner
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka To 185? ‘I Hope He Doesn’t’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg was eating KFC when he received call to fight for title at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia fight card
  • UFC.com : José Aldo’s Career UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja Was ‘Very Mad’ With Strickland: ‘Shut Your Mouth’
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal reveals he made $5 million to save UFC 251 headliner vs. Kamaru Usman
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 2: ‘Let’s see who is going to get the belt first’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker hopes Jiri Prochazka steers clear of UFC middleweight move because 'then we're enemies'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch stock car racing champ take UFC 301 prospect for 120 mph ride
  • MMA Mania : Welterweight ‘Do Bronx’?! ‘That Will Lead To Money, History, And Legacy’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says UFC 304 start time 'just not fair' for U.K. fans
  • Middle Easy : Charles Oliveira Insists He Did Enough To Beat Arman Tsarukyan At UFC 300: ‘It’s Very Complex’
  • UFC.com : Exciting Fighters You Might Not Know | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • UFC.com : Coach Conversation | Alexandre Pantoja vs Steve Erceg