Topic: MMA Media & Websites

Any of you on Sqor?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

11.07.2014 | 5:43 PM ET

I read an article about 3 weeks ago called "Why are so many UFC fighters using Sqor?" on MMA Junkie. I had never heard about Sqor so I decided to take a look at it.

In short Sqor is a social media platform that takes traditional media from other outlets and combines them all into one place. It also allows athletes to interact more personally with their fans. Two aspects that make Sqor very different from other social tools that famous people use to interact with fans (i.e. Twitter, Facebook), is that Sqor is tailored only to athletes and that Sqor actually pays athletes by how much traffic they generate.

So unlike Twitter that increases their revenue based on what athletes are tweeting and the athletes get $0 (directly) in return. Sqor will actually team up with athletes and brands to increase revenue for all. If you go to Sqor shop you will see that Chris Lytle, Carla Esparza, and Felice Herrig, have already directly teamed up with Sqor to sell their products (and in the case of the fighters increase their fan appeal). Lytle's product is actually mostly going towards his NPO program 'Redemption Martial Arts' and increasing the awareness of his anti-bullying children's book - "Lights out on Bullying".

While Sqor is still young much in its youth (even going by social media standards), a trend has already begun - a larger proportion of athletes on Sqor are from the UFC. Which is great for many of the people on this site that use social media to keep up-to-date with their favourite athletes. I imagine this will only increase making it handy for mma fans.

Another cool feature that is out right now, but loaded with bugs is called "Showdown". To put it simply it is a dumbed-down version of 'pick 'em'. Only for NCAA Football and NFL games currently. The cool thing is that eventually they want to have it point oriented for users and then they turn their points into sports memorabilia. Also eventually crowdfunding for athletes will be available to assist future stars - this would help mma fighters; as it has proved to be useful on Reddit and Kickstarter in the past.

TLDR:
Sqor is a cool new sports oriented social media site
Pays the athletes that use it, but usership is free
Very useful for mma athletes

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

Responses

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

11.07.2014 | 5:49 PM ET

I read that Herrig makes between 4-8k/mth from sqor.  

Good to see fighters making $.  

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

11.07.2014 | 6:08 PM ET

Is that even half what she makes on adult friend finder dot com?

* Edited at 11.07.2014, 6:09 PM ET *

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

11.07.2014 | 6:15 PM ET

^^Source for science?

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Dillon Danis Delivers X-Rated Retort After Paige VanZant Shreds Him on Social Media
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez hopes Alexandre Pantoja retains title at UFC 301: 'I want to fight the guy that beat me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t’
  • MMA Mania : Tom Who? Jones Pursuing ‘Insane’ Pereira Fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Everyone hits marks in Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Jose Aldo makes weight for final fight
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 main, co-main event official weigh-in highlights video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC 301 weigh-in video LIVE now
  • MMA Mania : Ronda Won’t Play Rousey In Netflix Biopic
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones favors Alex Pereira heavyweight clash over Tom Aspinall: ‘Tom only matters in the U.K.’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘We see the type of person he is’: Haney not interested in Garcia rematch after failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Alex Pereira thinks Jiri Prochazka most likely next in line: 'Ankalaev is going to have to wait'
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones: Alex Pereira matchup would be 'biggest fight in MMA history' and 'no one can argue that'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dustin Poirier admits title win could be perfect ending to career: ‘This is the last chapter’
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 8 a.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : Every UFC event in history with three or more weigh-in misses
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Early Weigh Ins Results!