Topic: Off Topic

Solider Shot In Ottawa on Parliament Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

10.22.2014 | 11:13 AM ET

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/parliament-hill-attacked-soldier-shot-at-national-war-memorial-in-ottawa-1.2808710

im watching it live, a soldier was shot, then he highjacked a car, drove up to the Parliament building and ran in, they cornered and shot him, but shooting is still happening as of this post. someone else was grazed by a bullet.  I lived a 5 minute walk away from here for a year and a half until recently. Possible connection to 2 soldiers being hit by a car in Quebec 2 days ago.  it is unclear as to how many people/guns are involved.

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

Responses Page 2

Rob Hallman
Rob Hallman
  • Predictions:  28,289  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  448
  • Post Score: 285

10.22.2014 | 3:50 PM ET

I work for Hewlett Packard at 50 O'Connor, just a couple of blocks from Parliament Hill.  Still on lock down.  Got this automated email earlier.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Robert Hallman,

HP is concerned with your safety and well-being following the downtown Ottawa shootings.   The 50 O'Connor Site is in lockdown.  Please do not enter the affected area.  Follow local security instructions.    Please follow the prompts to indicate your current status.  If you require assistance, someone from HP will contact you.

To respond, simply reply to this e-mail and type the number for your chosen response option on the top line in the body of the e-mail.  For example, type 1 (and only 1) to indicate option #1. 

Option#  Response:

1       I am safe and do not need HP assistance.

2       I have been impacted but do not need HP assistance.

3       I have been impacted and request HP assistance.

Thank you,

HP Crisis Management Team

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

10.22.2014 | 4:29 PM ET

as of right now, we dont know if there were 2 or 3 shooters. 1 is dead, who is being identified as canadian born Michael Zehaf-Bibeau. One or two may still be at large.

this was the email I received

Alerte-uOttawa-Alert@noreply.uottawa.ca

11:06 AM (5 hours ago)
to
22 OCT – 11:02
LOCKDOWN / BOUCLAGE
uOttawa

English message follows.

LOCKDOWN (bouclage) en cours.
Cessez toutes activités. Si possible, fermez et verrouillez votre porte et éteignez les lumières. Désactivez la sonnerie de votre cellulaire. Éloignez-vous des portes et des fenêtres. Si vous pouvez le faire sans risque, baissez les stores. Cachez-vous et restez silencieux jusqu’à ce que les autorités viennent à vous.

LOCKDOWN in effect.
Stop all activities. If possible, close and lock the door, and turn off lights. Silence cell phones. Keep away from doors and windows. If it is safe to do so, close blinds. Take cover and remain quiet until authorities instruct otherwise.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs

10.22.2014 | 5:06 PM ET

was the shooter from quebec? if so then this is probably related to the monday incident 

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

10.22.2014 | 5:06 PM ET

I just read on reuters that he is a canadian and converted to islam, and may possibly be from quebec.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs

10.22.2014 | 5:14 PM ET

i can still hear sirens all the way down past billings bridge, ****s still hitting the fan

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

10.22.2014 | 5:17 PM ET

Do your duty and hunt that terrorist down Thuggs!
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 5 days, 11 hours, and 46 minutes from now.
kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

10.22.2014 | 5:29 PM ET

A week ago my school had to go on lockdown due to someone being reported with a firearm. Terrible to see this happen almost on a weekly basis.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,787  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

10.22.2014 | 7:08 PM ET

horrible news they even closed down schools where i live today and i live about  an hour away from Ottawa . good to hear you are ok Jitz !  i was really looking forward to the Leafs/Sens game tonight too been pumped all week for it  . but those stupid ****s had to go **** everything up .

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

10.22.2014 | 8:07 PM ET

This ******* pisses me off. Being a Muslim with a recognizable Islamic last name, I'm very scared about my future in this world.

"الله أكبرl"

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

10.22.2014 | 8:21 PM ET

Just say you're a Sikh bro.  

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

10.22.2014 | 8:30 PM ET

No no, don't tell anyone you are sikh with this ebola scare happening. :p

*drum roll*

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

10.22.2014 | 8:51 PM ET

@Anik, just have got to let level heads prevail. I believe that most of these acts are done by people with some sort of mental issues or that are lost in life (still no excuse obviously).

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

10.22.2014 | 9:00 PM ET

A nice touch by the Pens as they host the Flyers tonight - they played the Canadian National Anthem before the game.

Corporal Nathan Cirillo had a son in pre-school. He seemed like a cool guy;

Also this is the man that killed the terrorist - he is the Sergeant-at-Arms for the Canadian Parliament, his name is Kevin Peters.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

10.22.2014 | 9:39 PM ET

These acts are performed by weak minded people with no clear vision for their life that look for someone to give them direction, unfortunately they find these psychos who latch on to them and prey on their vulnerabilities, which is how they convince them to do dumb **** like this.  this is a cross cultural phenomenon and not just a muslim thing.  Look at the fruits in San Diego that were gonna catch a ride on Halley's comet or whatever the **** it was a few years back.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Lopati
Lopati

10.22.2014 | 9:41 PM ET

Anik, breaux unfortunately I believe your concerns to be valid because there are stupid people out there that will lump all in with the bad.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

10.22.2014 | 9:58 PM ET

My father was pelted with rocks shortly after 9/11. It's only a matter of time before ISIS gets larger and the same happens to me.

"الله أكبرl"

Lopati
Lopati

10.22.2014 | 10:02 PM ET

Just keep training breaux so you can defend yourself and I recommend becoming proficient with firearms as well.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Paige VanZant and Elle Brooke Face Off Ahead of Their Misfits Boxing Title Fight on May 25
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier plays matchmaker for Conor McGregor after UFC 303 – win or lose
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Newark
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier still unsure about retirement ahead of UFC 302, but ‘I’m not going to climb the ladder again’
  • UFC.com : Four Fights To Follow At Cage Warriors 172
  • Middle Easy : Video – Ex-UFC Standout Greg Hardy Suffers Brutal Knockout Loss in Latest Boxing Endeavor
  • MMA Mania : Elle Broke? ‘Dumbledong’ Couldn't Afford Lesnar Walkout
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan: Islam Makhachev must take Dustin Poirier down right away or 'it's going to be dangerous'
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Makes Bold Makhachev vs. Poirier Prediction Ahead of UFC 302 Headliner
  • Jits Magazine : Tackett Brothers Withdraw From ADCC 2024 For CJI, Replaced By Andy Varela And Elder Cruz
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant fires back at critics questioning why she still fights: ‘I do whatever the f*ck I want’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He’s in there with a different animal’: Okolie expects vicious win over Rozanski
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad says time with MMA's Michael Jordan and LeBron James has him ready for UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Usyk Will Fight ‘The Rock’ In ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • Jits Magazine : Dates And Location Announced For Inaugural Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter stretchered out of cage after vicious knockout
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall starts in on new MMA journey with hope for eventual Claressa Shields rematch
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Ex-UFC heavyweight Greg Hardy folded by brutal knockout in boxing match
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Ex-UFC heavyweight Greg Hardy folded up after brutal knockout in boxing match
  • MMAFighting.com : Darren Till plans to spend 2 years boxing, then head back to MMA: ‘I’m going to win a UFC title’