Topic: WMMA & Invicta FC

Invicta FC 9

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,384  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

08.21.2014 | 9:27 PM ET

No fights or even a date has really been announced yet, but Knapp just told CSS Radio to expect Ayaka Hamasaki and Mizuki Inoue on the card. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Responses

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,384  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

08.21.2014 | 9:38 PM ET

Kelly McGill has also signed and will probably debut on this card. She has one pro fight and was on my favorite fighters list before she ever had that fight. When she becomes the WMMA G.O.A.T, remember I'm not apart of that bandwagon. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

08.22.2014 | 6:58 AM ET

Kelly McGill was awesome in Top Gun.

I'll give you credit for her Mike, but I drafted Ronda Rousey onto my first fantasy team just before her first SF fight.

Now on to this card. My only complaint about Invicta is that seem so erratic with their cards. Just do some type of schedule and keep the fans posted. They would get more interest that way. I can't wait for them to put on another show. I heard rumors that they would hook up with the UFC and play their cards via Fight Pass. Hope that is true.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

08.22.2014 | 7:54 AM ET

@Fantasy, Invicta are very active on social media and always keeps fans uptodate. They only had to sort out the streaming stuff and recover from the UFC cleaning out their two most popular divisions. Now that they've got that sorted I'm expecting more frequent cards. Also now that Shannon's filled in the matchmaker spot with Julie Kedzie I believe smoother running is in their future.

Shannon Knapp is awesome! I have the creepiest crush on her and want to be her boy toy (though I'm a bit too old to be considered that, a man can hope :) ).

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

08.22.2014 | 8:01 AM ET

Invicta has a schedule and keeps fans posted about their cards.

Invicta FC 8 is September 6th

Invicta FC 9 is Oct or Nov my guess is Oct if they are already talking about whos going to be on it.

Invicta FC 10 is at the end of DEC with Cyborg vs Someone at 135 (Here's hoping its Nakamoto)

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

08.22.2014 | 11:35 AM ET

I should have been more clear I guess. They keep us posted and Shannon is awesome. The issue is they will tell us in July about a card in September and then we won't hear anything until close to the next card. They need to have the next card figured out when one card is airing this way they can promote their next event during that event. So during IFC 8 they should be hyping up IFC 9 so those people watching know about it. I think people lose interest or just forget about them while they wait for the next card announcement. 

Not knocking them, just hoping they improve is all. 

Also it is confirmed it will air on Fight Pass...hell yeah.

* Edited at 08.22.2014, 11:36 AM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Michel Pereira Lands Crazy Backflip Pass Into Controversial Submission Win At UFC 301
  • Jits Magazine : Tony Ferguson Reveals That He Has Been Offered A Grappling Match With Charles Oliveira
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowned De La Hoya After Win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 post-fight show: Reaction to Alexandre Pantoja’s scare, Jose Aldo’s big return
  • MMA Mania : UFC 303 Gets ‘Foggy’ Teaser Trailer
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Canelo Dominates in Unanimous Decision Victory [Video Highlights]
  • MMA Mania : Video: Canelo Mocks Benavidez After Beating Munguia
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Have A Date, I’ll Let Boss Man Dana Announce That’
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya Reacts To Canelo Beating Munguia
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 bonuses: Michel Pereira snags extra $50,000 for monster finish of Ihor Potieria
  • UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Bonuses! Back-Flipping Pereira Banks $50K
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 PPV Results, Streaming Updates
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 results: Alexandre Pantoja ekes by Steve Erceg to retain title in thrilling five-round battle
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia full fight video highlights
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 bonuses: The Force is $50,000 strong with Mauricio Ruffy
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez drops, beats overmatched Jaime Munguia to retain 168-pound title
  • MMA Mania : Resurgent Aldo Teases Second Run At UFC Title
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: UFC 301 post-fight press conference