Topic: Le vs. Bisping

Le vs. Bisping

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,556
  • Post Score: 60

07.30.2014 | 11:24 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Le vs. Bisping. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

08.21.2014 | 9:32 PM ET

Prediction: correct Bisping   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 4  

Except for that time he lost to Rashad. Or that time he lost to Kennedy. 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

08.21.2014 | 10:22 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Le   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

- uses PEDs + is in the top 10. Fixed.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, and 47 minutes from now.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

08.22.2014 | 1:25 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Le   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I can't find this picture of Bisping anywhere else except Sherdog, so whatever.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/michael-bispings-healed-eye-obviously-doesnt-look-normal-but-how-his-vision-2808537/

Is anybody else worried about Bisping's eye in this fight? I feel like Bisping's clearly ****** up eye, which looks cross-eyed and dead will definitely affect his future in MMA. Especially since he fell victim to Hendo's only way to KO him by circling to the left during his prime and pre-eye injury.

* Edited at 08.22.2014, 1:26 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 days, 4 hours, and 43 minutes from now.
benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

08.22.2014 | 9:13 AM ET

Prediction: correct Bisping   wrong Decision  

^^^And that time he lost to Matt Hamill.  

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

08.23.2014 | 11:03 AM ET

GG

Prediction: correct Bisping   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

08.24.2014 | 4:22 AM ET

Haha I went crazy when Bisping finished him. Really impressive performance by him. And Michael Bispings hair was on point damn... I thought I might get the perfect but it's all good I'm delighted anyway, great fight and Cungs eyes were ultra disturbing.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

08.24.2014 | 6:01 PM ET

Prediction: correct Bisping   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Who said Cung Le was a better striker than Bisping?  That flashy **** doesn't work so well against a top 10 fighter with good fundamentals. 

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

08.28.2014 | 6:12 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Le   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I would have loved to see how this fight played out if Bisping didn't blast him in the eye with that straight left in the 2nd round and then proceeded to break Cung's face. Cung was game for the entire fight and continued to land some good shots, but Bisping looked like a man on a mission and really got to show his skills without fear of being taken down. He was also classy and respectful toward Cung and only had one thing to say about Luke Rockhold, but those two don't like each other. Don't get me wrong, I think regardless of the beating Cung took in the second after that punch that closed his eye followed by the barrage that this was Bisping's fight. He impressed me a lot. I reallllly want to see the Rockhold fight. That would be a damn good scrap, and there's plenty of bad blood there. I think Rockhold would win the fight, but he would definitely be tested. Overall a great and impressive performance by Bisping, and tremendous heart and determination shown by Cung Le. If Joe Silva doesn't make the Bisping and Rockhold fight he's doing a major disservice to the fans and to Bisping and Rockhold. The winner of that fight should be very close to a title shot, maybe one more win away. Rockhold better use some grappling though. I'm not sure he wants to stand toe to toe with Bisping who has some of the best technical striking, cardio, combinations, and aggressiveness at 185. I need that fight to happen. Much respect to Bisping for his attitude after the fight. I'll have to start picking his fights based on who I think will win and not based on a dislike for Bisping as he's starting to win me over. He keeps putting on performances like that and I'll become a full fledged fan. Glad to see some of the guys on the boards favorite fighter put on a dominant display and get back to form. I still don't think Bisping will ever manage to get that elusive title shot, but he's an excellent gatekeeper for 185. If you want to see how a guy responds to a constantly in your face extremely technically sound fighter, Bisping is the guy to put them against. He always delivers entertaining fights win or lose and leaves everything he has in the octagon. I'd love to see the Rockhold fight, but I'd also settle happily for a bout between him and Yoel Romero (provided he beats Tim Kennedy), CB Dolloway, Thales Leites, or Costas Philippou. I think any of the above would be excellent fights, but the Rockhold fight NEEDS to happen badly.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, and 47 minutes from now.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

08.28.2014 | 9:37 AM ET

I think Rockhold has no need to go for takedown, I think he will work Bisping standing. In fact I bet if anything Bisping is the one who ends up shooting for takedown. I think Luke is a better striker, he faster, hits harder and has a freakish reach advantage. I think Bisping bitten off way more then he can chew. 

"here I come to save the day"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

08.28.2014 | 10:53 AM ET

Prediction: correct Bisping   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Maybe, but you also thought that Cung Le would KO him in round one. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

08.28.2014 | 11:04 AM ET

Luke Rockhold is so overrated. He will not work Bisping the way people make it seem. I think the fight is fairly even on the feet. Rockhold has a clear reach advantage and a bit more power, but Bisping is more technical and could easily present problems. 

As for Franklin's picks when it comes to Bisping fights, even he knows the result he predicts won't happen. Don't let your dislike for one of the best fighters to ever live get in the way of logic. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

08.28.2014 | 11:06 AM ET

No, I hoped he would which is a big difference. I thought bisping would win a a late TKO, just like I thought Woodly would KO Kim, but picked Kim anyways. I some times foolishly pick with my heart. My head is telling me that Rockhold is going to finish Bisping.

* Edited at 08.28.2014, 11:16 AM ET *

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

08.28.2014 | 11:14 AM ET

Ok. I know that feel, bro, I sometimes pick against my brain too. 

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

08.28.2014 | 11:17 AM ET

Yea, I know I should not, but sometimes I just can't help it. Though nothing feels better then when you pick with your heart and get it right, though that for me tends to be far less often.  Normally I end up on the losing end, when I pick with my heart lol.

* Edited at 08.28.2014, 11:19 AM ET *

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

08.28.2014 | 11:47 AM ET

Sometimes you pick with your brain, and the fight goes the way you wanted, but against your pick. 

It's like when you fold in poker, and then you realize that you would have won. 

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

08.28.2014 | 11:49 AM ET

So true.

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Jonathan Martinez Has Momentum
  • MMA Mania : Video! Canelo, Munguia Share Intense Final Face Off
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira responds to Jon Jones’ callout for ‘massive’ UFC heavyweight title bout
  • Middle Easy : UFC 303: Conor McGregor Boldly Claims He’d Beat Charles Oliveira, Michael Chandler In Same Night
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Gambling Preview: Will Steve Erceg upset Alexandre Pantoja in Rio?
  • UFC.com : UFC 301 Embedded | All Episodes
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg prediction, pick: Is an upset looming at UFC 301?
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Elves Brener battle through scary weight cut with Charles Oliveira for UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : Jon Jones Passes on Tom Aspinall, Eyes Historic Showdown with Alex Pereira
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 5 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Mungia weigh-in results: Canelo Alvarez on weight for title defense
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Ceremonial Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : 'Honored' Alex Pereira loves Jon Jones fight pitch, but needs UFC green light for heavyweight shift
  • UFC.com : Ismael Bonfim Is Looking To Impress
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t,’ Garcia responds
  • UFC.com : José Aldo: A Homecoming Fit For A King
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 5: Nightswimming deserves a quiet night with Karolina Kowalkiewicz
  • UFC.com : Iasmin Lucindo Is Ready To Start Building Her Own Legacy
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Canelo Vs Munguia Weigh Ins!