Topic: The Ultimate Fighter (TUF)

TUF 20 cast revealed

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

07.03.2014 | 12:56 PM ET

Heather Jo Clark
Emily Kagan
Aisling Daly
Lisa Ellis
Carla Esparza
Felice Herrig
Randa Markos
Alex Chambers
Joanne Calderwood
Bec Rawlings
Rose Namajunas
Jessica Penne
Angela Magana
Angela Hill
Tecia Torres
Justine Kish

gonna be so awesome

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Responses Page 19

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

12.11.2014 | 1:39 AM ET

Carla epitomizes everything wrong with wrestlers in MMA. Get you down and lay on top of you like they are getting ******* riding time points. GTFOH with your weak ass, boring ******* wrestling. This is a fight not a wrestling match. 

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

12.11.2014 | 1:41 AM ET

I am gonna have to rewatch this Penne-Esparza fight and pay attention because the moments I was watching it seemed like Penne was piecing her up. I didn't really pay attention as close as I should have knowing the, outcome but gonna have to do that. 

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.11.2014 | 6:22 AM ET

Just finished watching the fight.

I scored the fight for Penne pretty comfortably. 

In round 1, Jessica pushed the pace, landed a bit more, stuffed a TD beautifully and the TD that Carla got led to zero offense.

Round 2 was all Jessica, she pushed the pace again, tagged her for the whole round and Carla got a lot less strikes in than she did at the beginning of the first. Also, every time Carla kicked she got punished with 2 and 3 punch combos. Her TDs, again, zero offense. Scoring on TDs and top control is only relevant if the round was very equal and you need a tie-breaker. If there's a clear "fighting" criteria in the favour of one fighter, being in someone's guard is neutral position. Also, Jessica was constantly punching her from the guard and going for ****.

Round 3 (which shouldn't have even happened imo), again, striking pretty even, more success for Carla, but Jessica landed a lot too, Octagon control and pacing for Jessica. Carla got on her bike and ran for the whole round.

Not saying it's a robbery, but Carla should have lost, imo.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

12.11.2014 | 6:39 AM ET

I'm the exactly opposite Yoss. I thought Carla won the first two rounds, especially the first, with relative comfort. She got the better of the stand up clearly in round 1. Round 2 was closer, but I still thought Carla edged it.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 23 hours, and 56 minutes from now.
boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

12.11.2014 | 7:29 AM ET

Rose and Randa were the 2 breakout stars of this season.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

yossgold
yossgold

12.11.2014 | 7:30 AM ET

I guess that's why it's not a robbery ... I'll admit that I'm anything but objective watching the fight too ... I love Penne and hate Carla, so that could also be a major factor in my scoring no matter how I tried not to let it be the case ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold

12.11.2014 | 7:39 AM ET

Another fun thing I noticed ... with all of Gil's team losing in the first round of the tourney, it basically made that from round 2 their team was Rose's personal fight camp ... everyone was behind her, the whole team was tuned into Rose's task at hand while as on team Pettis they were splitting gym time, splitting coaches, training at opposite sides of the gym ...

At the end of the day it's not a team sport and your team is basically there to push you forward to a point in time where you take over, which is harder to do if your team mates have opposing goals at the same point in time. It was interesting for me to watch how it played out.

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

12.11.2014 | 7:49 AM ET

I hate Carla too honestly and wanted Penne to win that fight badly. I just don't think she did enough to win any of the rounds personally. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 23 hours, and 56 minutes from now.
buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

12.11.2014 | 4:35 PM ET

I have been rooting for Rose the whole time, but if i'm being honest, i didn't think she would actually make it this far. I am so blown away, and delighted with how good she is, and how quickly she seems to be improving. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Page 19

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo discusses next career move after fighting out contract at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira responds to UFC 301 criticism: ‘That’s the risk, but I’m the risk-taker’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: The Rock posts MMA training footage in preparation for role in 'The Smashing Machine'
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for free agent Jose Aldo after UFC 301 win?
  • MMA Mania : Pound For Pound #1 Vs. ‘The #1 Money Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Shogun Rua announced for 2024 UFC Hall of Fame class
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 winner Mauricio Ruffy warns Islam Makhachev 'a new king is coming' after debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja reacts to UFC 301 win, ‘watershed moment’ in flyweight division
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alexandre Pantoja after UFC 301 title defense?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card announced
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Mania : O’Malley Accepts Mac’s Challenge: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja: UFC 301 a 'watershed moment' for flyweights
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo reacts to free agency, possibly skipping line to fight Sean O’Malley after UFC 301 win
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja To Challengers: ‘Bring A Gun’ If You Want To Stop Me
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tells Jake Paul ‘I would quit boxing’ if steroid accusations are true
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 post-event facts: Michel Pereira joins elite company with eighth straight octagon win
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith responds to Alex Pereira’s $50,000 challenge: ‘I’ll choke the sh*t out of him’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith agrees to Alex Pereira's $50K bet after UFC 301 submission win: 'I'll choke the sh*t out of him'