Topic: Aldo vs. Mendes II

Aldo vs. Mendes II

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,768  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,644
  • Post Score: 60

06.16.2014 | 4:30 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Aldo vs. Mendes II. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

07.28.2014 | 9:54 AM ET

Mendes should not have to fight in Brazil AGAIN. I'm not a huge fan of his but i hope he wins just because of this.

I agree with you @yossgold, if it had happened to TJ that'd be complete ********. What i would like to see is Dillashaw vs. Assuncao 2 in Brazil if he beats Barao. Not sure why, it's not as huge a fight, but it's just a personal preference i guess.

Moral of the story for Mendes and Barao - ask and you shall NOT receive :)

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.28.2014 | 11:49 AM ET

What the **** are you talking about? Maybe if Mendes was champion he should get a say in where they fight, or maybe even if they had a close fight but that was not the case.

Aldo knocked this fool out in the first round after stuffing 8 takedown attempts, Mendes should just be grateful that he's getting a second shot. He isn't entitled to ****.

"الله أكبرl"

bklettke
bklettke

07.28.2014 | 12:04 PM ET

Nowhere did i say he should get a say in where they fight, just that he shouldn't have to fight in Brazil twice. Can you name any other fighter who's had such a disadvantage for a title fight twice? It's one thing to fights an American in his home town, but this is ******* Brazil.....
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.28.2014 | 2:23 PM ET

Prediction: Aldo  |  Decision

"Can you name any other fighter who's had such a disadvantage for a title fight twice"

I did in my post, his name is Jose Aldo, he fought Cub and Faber in California, Hominick in front of 55,000 roaring Canadians and every other title fight of his on US soil was against an American. So that's a **** load of title fights on enemy turf and a ****load of "USA" chants in a title fight for Aldo. Did he say "not fair" and ask to fight in Brazil? No, because he knew he could whip all their asses in their back yard if needed. That's what champs do. If Chad is even phased a bit about where the fight's taking place he's no champ and wil lose before he passes border control.

In fact, every non-American champ will fight for titles on American soil multiple times so Chad Mendes should fight in Brazil and if he's better than Aldo (he isn't) he should be able to win there too (he won't) and then he'll headline a title fight every time the UFC comes anywhere near California. They'll most likely put him and T.J. together on Sacramento cards.

* Edited at 07.28.2014, 2:30 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

bklettke
bklettke

07.28.2014 | 3:10 PM ET

I'll be honest i can't really argue that and i was being way to "pro" American. Sometimes the brain doesn't work properly until i get dominated in a post.....  The only fibble rebuttle i can have is fighting is Brazilian fans used to be the craziest & most passionate fans in the world compared to America, which gives them a huge advantage.... but they just took a backseat for Ireland.

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

07.28.2014 | 3:17 PM ET

Prediction: Mendes  |  Decision

Props to @bklettke for manning up and having a respectful discussion when somebody refutes your points. It's easy to get butthurt on the interwebz. I'm proud of you gentlemen. 

"Frig off, bud"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.28.2014 | 3:25 PM ET

Prediction: Aldo  |  Decision

@bklettke, I agree fighting in Brazil doesn't compare to fighting in the US as far as crowd effect goes ... but hey, 2 more wins (maybe even 1 if he violates Poirier like I think he will, though the Cub/Edgar fight suggests otherwise since no way the winner ain't getting a shot) and Aldo's gonna be fighting Conor in Dublin, so I guess it'll swing right back, amirite? ;)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.28.2014 | 3:40 PM ET

I honestly believe that crowd effect is overrated. America, Brazil, ******* Uzbekistan, Aldo is still going to wreck Mendes and the funny thing is that Mendes knows it better than anyone else.

"الله أكبرl"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.28.2014 | 7:06 PM ET

Prediction: Mendes  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 4

I really don't think it's the crowd effect that a fighter cares about I think it's the travel. Drastically changing time zones, eating different food and not having anything familiar to you can effect how you fight. At the end of the day though whoever wins will be the guy that is more prepared and trained smarter/harder, not the guy with home cage advantage.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

subexpert
subexpert
  • Predictions:  1,907  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 143

07.28.2014 | 7:49 PM ET

Prediction: Aldo  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

Aldo via TDD and being able to get back up once he is taken down
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

07.28.2014 | 8:50 PM ET

Wish it was still happening this Saturday.l

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Top Brazilian Competitors Battle It Out At IBJJF Floripa Fall Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Hope You Enjoy My Money!’
  • MMA Mania : Is He Back? McGregor Nearly Destroys Sparring Partner
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Hall of Famer Anderson Silva books boxing match with Chael Sonnen on June 15 in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva set to box Chael Sonnen in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : This Is CineMMA, ‘Bruised’: Does Halle Berry deliver the best MMA fight scene ever?
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Nolan: First UFC win was 'make or break' moment, relieved to overcome mental adversity
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 92
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 adds another fight to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler undercard
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards, Tom Aspinall, Bobby Green all favored to win in UFC 304 opening odds
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Oleksandr Usyk's epic walkout for undisputed boxing title fight vs. Tyson Fury
  • MMA Mania : Usyk Vs. Fury 2 Targeted For Oct. 12
  • MMAFighting.com : Carlos Ulberg wants top opponent after quick finish at UFC St. Louis, eyes Jamahal Hill at UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Kris Moutinho continues regional scene tear with TKO, moves to 4-0 since UFC release
  • MMAFighting.com : Ariane Carnelossi reveals facial injuries following UFC Vegas 92 headbutts, responds to Piera Rodriguez
  • MMA Mania : Silva Vs. Crews Boxing Match Coming This June [Updated]
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241 post-event facts: Edson Barboza first to reach double digit Fight of the Night bonuses
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez relieved to snap losing streak with quick KO at UFC Fight Night 241: 'Last year sucked'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dricus du Plessis defends Jake Paul’s hustle: ‘He’s not a sh*t boxer’
  • MMA Junkie : Ariane Carnelossi reveals injuries, reacts to headbutt: 'What often differentiates humans from animals are the rules'