Tapology Forums

B.J. Penn Critical Of Expanding TRT Use: 'The Needle Is Not the Answer'.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

07.25.2011 | 6:31 PM ET

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Responses

ncookgraciebarra
ncookgraciebarra
  • Predictions:  651  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  57
  • Post Score: 107

07.25.2011 | 6:33 PM ET

good, im sick of all this roid crap and will never root for anyone caught using

"***** monkey!" - Ken Shamrock to ortiz

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

07.25.2011 | 6:46 PM ET

The most interesting part of the article to me was this:

"Peaking" is an athletic phenomenon that is part science, part trial-and-error, in which athletes manipulate their training cycle in an effort to have their body performing at maximum levels at game time (or fight time). There are potential problems with the process, however, and mistiming your peak can be the difference between winning and losing. Overtraining, meanwhile, can lead to lower testosterone levels. While some fighters are getting that addressed with TRT, Penn believes it can simply be an unfortunate side effect of the process. As such, he's from the old school that fights through it.

"When you're chi is down, you feel weak, and I'm sure it's an easy way out to do all the testosterone and stuff, but I just couldn't see myself doing it," he said"

Very interesting and I think that would explain Penn's perfomance against Fitch the 2nd time.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

07.25.2011 | 9:42 PM ET

Gotta respect BJ Penn's outlook on the whole thing.  He's really matured as a person over the years.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.25.2011 | 10:19 PM ET

i like penn and condit so i'm a bit conflicted on who to take. all i got to say is penn needs to bring his A+ game if he is going to win. the natural born killer is rolling on a river to a title shot.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

07.25.2011 | 11:50 PM ET

BJ needs to take his own advice and get back with Marv!!!!! (yes every time I see the opportunity I'm posting it!!! Maybe he'll see it and listen!!!!!)

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

07.26.2011 | 6:55 AM ET

Marv would suit him better if he was at 155.  I can't remember why they aren't "together" anymore.  I agree with BJ on the TRT issue. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Charles Oliveira Open To Colby Covington And Max Holloway Superfights
  • MMAFighting.com : Stamp Fairtex out of June fight, U.S. card after serious knee injury
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Baton Rouge Open 2024 Features Several Top Competitors
  • MMA Mania : SWATTED? Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’