Tapology Forums

Randy Couture - "It's Rashads Fight To Lose".

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

07.23.2011 | 6:37 PM ET

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Responses

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,720  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

07.23.2011 | 6:48 PM ET

It really is rashads fight to lose but IM fully neck deep in the hype for tito right now.  Couldnt fully explain it but im right there so im picking tito by UD

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.23.2011 | 7:47 PM ET

its tito's fight to lose.
Piercerdan
Piercerdan

07.23.2011 | 8:14 PM ET

@wolf, very nice as usual!

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

07.23.2011 | 8:15 PM ET

No its Tito fight to win.

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,174  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

07.23.2011 | 8:15 PM ET

He's right, Rashad has all the advantages. Tito has momentum right now though, he's gotta be careful.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.23.2011 | 8:16 PM ET

there is alot of bob and weaving on the message boards. my double vision is coming back to me.
p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.24.2011 | 1:35 AM ET

Coutore got this fight right!!

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171
  • Post Score: 104

07.24.2011 | 2:16 AM ET

Bader looked uncomfortable in there with Tito and I think that is what cost him the fight. As long as Rashad doesn't get sucked into the "titos making a come back" hype he should walk away with the W.
Piercerdan
Piercerdan

07.24.2011 | 2:26 PM ET

@loneronin thats hard to not get sucked into.

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

07.24.2011 | 2:45 PM ET

It may be Evans' fight to lose, but I don't see it happening.  Evans is coming off an injury and is hungry to get in there and fight.  Tito is just the unfortunate victim the UFC decided to put in front of him on his quest for the belt.  Ortiz is going down.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171
  • Post Score: 104

07.24.2011 | 2:54 PM ET

@Piercerdan Yea I know it is and Rashad seems like he has been afraid of getting hit ever since he got KO'd by Machida. Its really making this fight hard for me to pick. I think its all going to depend on how confident Rashad is when he shows up to fight.
Piercerdan
Piercerdan

07.24.2011 | 3:05 PM ET

@ronin assuming tito is being honest about injuries (a big stretch really) and hes 100%, rashad was losing their first fight and really rashad had been improving a lot but has regressed to more wrestler since the machida loss, i think its going to be an extremely close fight like their first fight.  I wouldnt be surprised to see it go to draw again.  Tito plays to judges a bit anyways and if hes threatening with subs in this fight it will also win him points.  I doubt tito will sub rashad as both have really underrated sub games, id have rashad slightly better myself, but tito used his more recently (bader and lyoto).  I predict a decision that could go either way but unless one looks terrible at the weighins im picking tito with the upset.

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

07.24.2011 | 4:15 PM ET

I think it's Evans' reluctance to getting hit, and his adaptation of a more conservative, counter-strike strategy that will earn him that much more of a decisive victory over Ortiz.  Tito's striking has never been that great, it's always been about his wrestling and ground and pound.  I don't think anyone can debate that Ortiz' wrestling is anywhere near the quality of Rashad's.  Evans isn't going to leave a glaring opening on his feet, and he's going to nullify any attempt at a ground game that Ortiz may bring to the table as well.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

07.24.2011 | 4:19 PM ET

@rw thats a very fair and accurate assessment but I think tito will get a takedown and probably a couple reversals.  Assuming he can threaten from the bottom some, which youd have to be silly not to train off your back going into a fight with rashad, he might be able to sway the judges enough. I think tito will win the battle with aggression.

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

07.24.2011 | 5:02 PM ET

@piercerdan I would be amazed if Tito scored a takedown on Rashad. I see Rashad mixing up his strikes with some takedowns to keep Tito guessing. Rashad will dictate where this fight takes place from the opening and I think most of it will take place on the feet where Evans has a huge advantage.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

07.24.2011 | 5:06 PM ET

@p4p you might very well be right, but im hoping!

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

07.24.2011 | 6:56 PM ET

Rashad Evans....Say hello to RING RUST!!!!!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

07.24.2011 | 7:00 PM ET

didnt tito takedown rashad in the first fight? granted, that was a while back...but that means more mentally than physically...i'll explain...

evans has a LONG layoff, a STOLEN title shot...TWICE, a future title shot with a win, a **** load of trash talking to live up to, and...as if that wasn't enough, he's fighting a guy that shouldve beaten rashad...all this **** is gonna build into one big mental cluster**** and i'd be shocked if rashad wins the first round...he MIGHT comeback to win the fight, but nerves, rust, and more nerves are gonna slow him down imo

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Charles Oliveira Open To Colby Covington And Max Holloway Superfights
  • MMAFighting.com : Stamp Fairtex out of June fight, U.S. card after serious knee injury
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Baton Rouge Open 2024 Features Several Top Competitors
  • MMA Mania : SWATTED? Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’