Topic: Bedford vs. Yahya

Bedford vs. Yahya

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,636  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,567
  • Post Score: 60

02.27.2014 | 4:44 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Bedford vs. Yahya. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,048  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

02.27.2014 | 4:44 PM ET

Prediction: Yahya  |  Submission  |  Round 2

Bedford is a hell of a striker but TDD is not his strong suit. Caraway took him down pretty much on command in his last fight. And groundwork and submissions is where Yahya makes his living so I am giving this one to him.

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

whipton
whipton
  • Predictions:  1,883  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  205
  • Post Score: 21

03.18.2014 | 10:51 AM ET

Prediction: Yahya  |  Submission  |  Round 1

what he said ^^
Kesosu
Kesosu
  • Predictions:  1,078  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

03.28.2014 | 10:21 PM ET

Prediction: Yahya  |  Submission  |  Round 3

i
benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

03.28.2014 | 11:25 PM ET

l

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,997  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

03.28.2014 | 11:43 PM ET

l

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

03.28.2014 | 11:45 PM ET

P

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

Dr3w Cornish
Dr3w Cornish
  • Predictions:  1,642  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 142

03.29.2014 | 1:23 AM ET

Prediction: Bedford  |  Decision

I've liked Johnny since he was on TUF. To me he's like the Matt Brown of 135lbs. I hope Bedford puts in a good performance and gets himself on a roll. It might be a little bit of a longshot, but I'd like to see him crack into the top 15 soon. 

" The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain. -Bruce Lee. The point is the doing of them rather than the accomplishments. There is no actor, but the action; there is no experiencer, but the experience. -Bruce Lee."

MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

04.10.2014 | 6:59 PM ET

Prediction: Yahya  |  Decision

Yahya always fades hard in the 3rd round... Hopefully he gets it done soon, because for some reason I'm doubting my pick
DietDrPepper
DietDrPepper
  • Predictions:  14,982  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  637
  • Post Score: 180

04.10.2014 | 8:46 PM ET

Prediction: Yahya  |  Decision

Yayha will win the first two rounds via superior grappling and lose the third.
Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

04.13.2014 | 12:46 AM ET

Bedford was a bit of a D-bag in that ordeal.  I get `in the moment` so it doesn't make me think any less of him at all, but obviously a No Contest was the right call.  Mocking your opponent post-fight isn't necessary but should make for a good rematch!

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

04.13.2014 | 5:50 AM ET

Ive watched it from 4 different angles, and i think its ********.

Yahya new he was ******. He got his first shot stuffed, and got his second shot stuffed. Bedford might have even landed a short punch before the head clash. Yahya came in both times leading with his head, so its his damn fault. Does he expect bedford to stand straight up and not get low to stop the TD attempt. Rani fell back on his ass, but if you noticed bedford was wobbly to and dropped to his knees. Bedford just recovered faster and jumped on yahya when his head cleared. Cant blame a guy. Yahya either needs to learn not to lean in with his head or learn to recover faster. A rematch only favors Yahya. Cause he came in thinking he was gonna sub this guy after 1 takedown. Now he knows bedford can stuff them and has the reach to make him pay for every failed attempt. Yahya can gameplan for it now. Its not like the clash KOd someone. 
Ronwah
Ronwah
  • Predictions:  26,938  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,343
  • Post Score: 222

04.13.2014 | 6:08 AM ET

Unless you think Rani deliberately tried to clash heads it's accidental and the NC is the correct decision.

"“I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.""

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

04.13.2014 | 12:03 PM ET

Oh no i dont think he tried to ram his head into bedfords to get the fight stopped. Thats just ******** if someone actually thinks that. But you have to admit that just like in boxing, heads will clash if you come in leaning with your head down. And if your gonna do it every time you come in for a TD, theres a good chance someone is going to want to defend that TD by getting low. Thus the clash of heads has a higher percentage of happening. In wrestling they teach you not to do that, which is why it hardly happens in college wrestling. Maybe after all these years rani is still stuck in BJJ mode where you can do that cause most times your opponent will let himself be taken down since 85% of the BJJ guys rather be on the bottom anyways since theres more ways to score points.

And your right, accidental clashes probably do call for a NC in the rulebook. Just another rule that needs to be looked at. I got no problem with an NC if both guys end up getting KOd from it, or if they both fall hard and cant get back up. But if both guys are fine and one just happens to recover faster, then let them fight. Thats just my opinion. Im probably the minority on this one.
Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

04.16.2014 | 12:00 AM ET

Out of curiousity, would they then stop having eyepokes and low blows as NC's if a fighter can't continue,, just have the fighter who unintentionally `broke a rule` that hurt his opponent to where they can no longer defend, let them tee off for a finish on the unable to defend fighter, due to the accidental illegal headbutt/eyepoke/ballkick, instead?  They're all MMA founding rules and I've never heard someone suggest any be reviewed.  Such a slippery slope for fighters to easily abuse the rules without those rules.

That's a can of worms to steal another cliche.  A strange stance you take on this I must admit.  Unless just general frustration with head clashes made your post have an over-the-top opinion beyond what you really believe just to prove a point that they could be avoided better by some fighters, then I can't say I agree, or really even understand your thoughts on this, if serious.  Even if the accidental headbutt rule was reviewed and made not a fight stopping action when a fighter can't continue because of it, in an alternate universe, would we really want the refs deciding what was and wasn't intentional on the fly?   Verrrrry slippery slope.  

Possibly very entertaining, I won't lie, but just wouldn't be right in any kind of way involving good sportsmanship imo.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Video! Paul Grills Garcia Over Controversial Drug Test
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo vs. Jonathan Martinez prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 start time, TV schedule for Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg, Jose Aldo vs. Jonathan Martinez
  • Bad Left Hook : Redneck Brawl 6: Live updates and results, 7:30 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja Vs. Erceg Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : Manel Kape insists UFC champion Alexandre Pantoja not on his level
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 predictions
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 play-by-play, live results (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Canelo Vs. Munguia Results, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia start time, TV schedule, ring walks
  • MMA Mania : Canelo Vs Munguia Odds, Finals Betting Lines
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 PPV Results, Streaming Updates
  • Jits Magazine : Bianca Basilio Puts Opponent To Sleep In 35 Seconds At ONE Fight Night 22
  • Jits Magazine : Majestic BJJ Challenge 4 Full Results And Review
  • Bad Left Hook : Canelo vs Munguia: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: Opening/Closing Betting Line Movements
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 odds: Opening and closing betting line movements
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Results: Pantoja vs. Erceg