Tapology Forums

SUPER AV BET!!! CHAEL SONNEN VS WANDERLEI SILVA!!!!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

02.19.2014 | 10:43 PM ET

A month long bet with the winning team choosing the losing teams AV. Lasting a month with a new AV every week for 4 weeks.

Choose either:

TEAM AMERICAN GANGSTER CHAEL SONNEN

OR TEAM AXE MURDERER WANDERLEI SILVA

After the fight the team members of the winning team will be assigned a losing team member, then he will post his humiliation AV for the week. Next week new AV.

CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!!!

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Responses Page 2

SonnensSyringe
SonnensSyringe
  • Predictions:  79,138  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,881
  • Post Score: 337

02.20.2014 | 4:19 PM ET

I said last relevant in the last 3 years in my original post. Let's refer to wins only from that time period. 

Chael: Wins over Shogun, Bisping, Stann

Wanderlei: Wins over Le, and Stann

Yeah, I'll take the first resume over the second. But hey, that's just me. 

Also, having multiple title fights is pretty relevant if you ask me. As for fighting guys outside of the top 10 for your last 4 bouts, I'd be inclined to think otherwise.

"You look like a 1987 John Hughes high school bully." - Swickotine

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,740  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,780
  • Post Score: 273

02.20.2014 | 4:30 PM ET

Yeah, I was comparing them over 4 years because Wanderlei has had less fights. Still my original post was to pretty much say that you could say the same for both fighters on their relevance. I would say having multiple title fights would make you relevant if you put up a fight, but he got destroyed in all 3 making him irrelevant.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

02.20.2014 | 4:32 PM ET

One last thing, Sonnen fans sure don't like when you insult him but the guys whole career in the UFC has been based on insulting fighters, and just about everyone he could. Seems hilarious to me.

SonnensSyringe
SonnensSyringe

02.20.2014 | 4:37 PM ET

He didn't get destroyed in either Silva fight. Jones is a different story. The first Silva fight, he beat the crap out of him for the better part of 5 rounds. In the second one, he dominated the first round, and lest we forget that Silva held Sonnen's trunks in the second round to prevent the take down. 

It's funny, because Chael haters like to gloss over stuff like this. 

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

02.20.2014 | 4:38 PM ET

LEAVE CHAEL ALONE

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

02.20.2014 | 4:42 PM ET

Chael haters? You do realize what steroids and TRT are? They improve you work ethic, cardiovasular and recovery. Couple that with getting busted in a title fight for steroids and then having to use TRT because you cheated makes me think that hate is not unfounded. Chael Sonnen was on steroids during that fight. Silva embarassed him in the second fight, if you call dominating holding Silva down for the whole round, fine. Silva held his trunks? Chael loaded himself full of steroids and that was the only reason he dominated the first Silva fight until he tapped. The only reason he fights the way he does and can is because of steroids/TRT.

I like hating on Chael, he hates on everyone else and then gets his ass kicked. It's hilarious.

SonnensSyringe
SonnensSyringe

02.20.2014 | 4:44 PM ET

You do realize that his testosterone levels were on normal levels for the second fight, right? You do realize that TRT, when not abused, is supposed to bring an athlete to normal levels of testosterone, right? Of course you don't. Because you're blinding using phrases like "loaded himself full of steroids." Nice straw man logic though. 

MQuestionable
MQuestionable

02.20.2014 | 4:47 PM ET

I'm joining Team Chael and requesting the rights to Flying_Frontkick's avatar afterward :p
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

02.20.2014 | 4:48 PM ET

You can't be serious, Sonnens. You just said his level of testosterone were normal BECAUSE he started TRT since he used steroids in the past and that ****** his levels up. That's great that they were on level in the second fight because he started TRT, doesn't change the fact that he tested positive for steroids in the first and his steroid abuse in the past has made it so he has to use TRT.

I thought you were trolling at first, but it seems you're an actual Chael Sonnen defender. Hilarious.

* Edited at 02.20.2014, 4:49 PM ET *

SonnensSyringe
SonnensSyringe

02.20.2014 | 4:54 PM ET

I'm sorry, but can you tell me how many positive tests he's had? Because I see one on his record. He was on TRT before the first Silva fight. It was a matter of disclosure, and improper usage for that one fight. Outside of that there's still no evidence of abuse. Your accusations that he abused "steroids" in the past are unfounded and based solely on your own biases. 

I thought you posted with logic, but it seems you don't really think things out before doing so. Depressing.

* Edited at 02.20.2014, 4:54 PM ET *

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

02.20.2014 | 4:54 PM ET

Oh yeah, if you can come up with something more to defend your love interest that is Chael Sonnen try to remember all the **** he's talked and try not to be a little hypocrite ***** and take offense when someone hates on him.

-edit- Why do I know he did steroids in the past before that time he got caught? Because most athletes on TRT have abused steroids in the past and that's why they need it because they **** their levels up.

I always try to post with logic and be unbiased as possible, and that will continue.

* Edited at 02.20.2014, 4:57 PM ET *

SonnensSyringe
SonnensSyringe

02.20.2014 | 4:57 PM ET

You seem to think I care about your opinion. Neat.

"Because most athletes on TRT have abused steroids in the past and that's why they need it because they **** their levels up."

Show me another instance of a positive test, or any evidence at all for that matter, and I'll be more inclined to believe your assumptions.

* Edited at 02.20.2014, 4:58 PM ET *

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

02.20.2014 | 4:58 PM ET

Sonnens, if you didn't care about my opinion my friend, you would have never replied to any of my posts. I think we're done here.

SonnensSyringe
SonnensSyringe

02.20.2014 | 5:00 PM ET

I don't care because I didn't resort to petty name calling. Unfortunately, I don't live in a world without boredom. It seemed like an interesting debate. And it was. But you're right. We're done here. Because you have nothing of value left to contribute. 

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

02.20.2014 | 5:05 PM ET

We're done here because you lost the argument, and pretty badly. Name calling? I said 'hypocrite *****' because at the end of your post you said you thought I posted with logic but had decided that no longer was the case because of this one 'debate' which was really me starting out as jokingly mocking Chael because you said Wanderlei was irrelevant.

There was no debate, Chael Sonnen is a cheater and because of cheating he has to use TRT. I thought his fans would be able to take it more because like him they're always dishing it out or taking cheap shots. If you lost respect for me as a poster because of this one incident I can't help that.

Saying you don't care about someone's opinion after debating with them for a few posts just seems like a cop out and honestly makes zero sense.

* Edited at 02.20.2014, 5:06 PM ET *

SonnensSyringe
SonnensSyringe

02.20.2014 | 5:10 PM ET

So what you're saying is that a reply correlates to caring? Interesting. Oh, and calling someone a *****, in any form, is name calling.

As far as who won this argument, I'll let an arbitrary party (let's say the rest of the people on here) decide on that one. But you don't support your argument with facts. You made assumptions about the past and used straw man logic throughout your ramblings. 

I never said "I lost respect for you as a poster." But you can put words in my mouth if you want to. 

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

02.20.2014 | 5:14 PM ET

I really want in on this, but I can't bring myself to bet on this. I think Sonnen will probably win, but if Wanderlei wins I'm gonna feel like **** because I lost my av betting against one of my favorite fighters.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

02.20.2014 | 5:14 PM ET

Chael Sonnen doesn't cheat, you're mortal rules do not apply on him therefore he wasn't cheating.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MQuestionable
MQuestionable

02.20.2014 | 5:15 PM ET

Not to start another argument but wasn't Wandy allegedly juiced to the gills in PRIDE?
cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

02.20.2014 | 5:17 PM ET

@amp Same exact thoughts here, man.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Program total passes $25 million
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC on ESPN 55 with rare Mumford & Sons, Led Zeppelin, Eminem Curse
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : ‘Platinum’ Got Paid! (KnuckleMania 4 Salaries Revealed)
  • MMA Mania : Charly Arnolt Makes Short-Notice UFC History
  • MMA Mania : Charly Arnolt Makes UFC history
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • Jits Magazine : Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 video: Bryce Hall, Taylor Holder heated exchange leads to insane crowd fight
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 salaries: Mike Perry leads event payroll with 6-figure purse
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Is A Part Owner Of BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Perry Steamrolls Alves With Quick TKO
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Mike Perry makes quick work of Thiago Alves, goes ballistic afterward
  • MMAFighting.com : Perry knocks out Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry knocks out Thiago Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Darren Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Drops ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Absolutely savage’: Conor McGregor, other pros react to Mike Perry’s 60-second knockout at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Mike Perry's 60-second finish of Thiago Alves at BKFC: KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves full fight video highlights
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Smashes Thiago Alves in 60 Seconds – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)