Tapology Forums

Pearson injured, Michael Johnson vs. Melvin Guillard now!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

01.23.2014 | 7:58 AM ET

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Responses

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,188  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

01.23.2014 | 8:01 AM ET

Damn that's gonna be a sick fight .

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

01.23.2014 | 8:19 AM ET

guess Melvin didn't make many friends during his stint at Jacko

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

01.23.2014 | 9:27 AM ET

This isnt as good of a matchup for Johnson as he thinks it is.

He and Melvin are standup doods, and we all know what kind of power Melvin has. This could end ugly for Michael's streak...

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

01.23.2014 | 1:10 PM ET

@Gebe Agreed. It's hard to pick against Johnson as he has been on a tear but, Guillard is a beast and they have very similar styles.

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

01.23.2014 | 1:38 PM ET

Johnson likes to test his stand up lately. If he does so with Guillard, his little 'hot streak' is coming to an end.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

sugadamn
sugadamn
  • Predictions:  181  |  53.6%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 97

01.23.2014 | 2:54 PM ET

Guillard is unpredictable so he can win any fight but look for Michael Johnson to make a statement with this win I think the Blackzillians have a good thing going for them.
Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

01.23.2014 | 5:21 PM ET

It boggles my mind how unbelievable unpredictable this fight is. Two guys that are either ice cold or ice hot, for all I know it'll be a double knockout.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.24.2014 | 2:17 AM ET

You gotta hand it to MJ though, it's easy to call out the top dogs when you've got everything to gain from those fights, but he's just accepted one hell of a tough fight where a win won't do more for him than his win vs. Tibau (if not less).

Dude's walking the walk and acting like a professional fighter if you ask me.

I have no idea who I'm picking for this fight ... I can't pick either if these guys right to save my life.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

DelRose
DelRose

01.24.2014 | 8:46 AM ET

Both have KO power in their hands, but thats where the similarities end. Melvin isn't known for having the toughest chin (understatement) Michael on the other hand can take a tremendous beating as seen when he fought jury. Anything can happen here, but the safe bet is to go with the guy with an exceptionally good chin, and all it may take is for him to directly land. In this case it shouldn't be that difficult. MJ by first round KO.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’
  • MMA Mania : Video: Cormier Saved By Security From Pereira Manhandling
  • Middle Easy : Paige VanZant Not Looking Past Fellow OnlyFans Star Elle Brooke: ‘I’m Gonna Get Ready For War’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith no longer 'blinded' by title goal before UFC 301: 'I'm almost carrying an anchor with me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Stephen A. Smith ‘disgusted’ at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson being sanctioned as pro bout
  • MMA Mania : Video: Canelo Confronts And Blasts ‘F—king P—sy’ De La Hoya
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez goes off on 'f*cking p*ssy' Oscar De La Hoya, separated mid-press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez, Oscar De La Hoya separated after profane presser exchange; Alvarez erupts
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He tried to steal money and he’s a f—ing a—hole’: Canelo steps to Oscar at press conference
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Kaan Ofli | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Omran Chaaban | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Edwin Cooper | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Get To Know Featherweight Edwin Cooper | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Rankings Update – May 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Karolina Kowalkiewicz leans on experience to overcome record 16-year age gap vs. Iasmin Lucindo at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Sean Strickland brandishes handgun after kids play ding-dong ditch at his house
  • Middle Easy : Alex Volkanovski Reacts To Joe Rogan Claiming Ilia Topuria Ducked ‘Old Man Volk’ At UFC 305
  • UFC.com : Public Events Schedule | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg