Tapology Forums

Nam Phan and Pat Barry released from the UFC

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mmawizzard
mmawizzard
  • Predictions:  49,363  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,206
  • Post Score: 147

12.21.2013 | 11:19 PM ET

"Wizzard of Tapology"

Responses Page 2

mmawizzard
mmawizzard
  • Predictions:  49,363  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,206
  • Post Score: 147

12.22.2013 | 1:03 PM ET

I found it on facebook and they didn't have a souce and if they did I would of post it I did find this tho: 

"Wizzard of Tapology"

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

12.22.2013 | 7:56 PM ET

Pat Barry‏@HypeOrDie2h

UFC DIDN'T CUT ME!!! I WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE THAT TYPED "THIS IS ********" ARE GOING TO NOW TYPE "THIS IS ********" HEARING I'M STILL IN???

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,992  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

12.22.2013 | 9:08 PM ET

Glad Phan didn't get cut but I don't think Barry has anywhere to go in the UFC or MMA besides "Cool guy who loses fights he should usually win by getting his brains scrambled".

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

12.22.2013 | 10:44 PM ET

I would understand Pat getting cut...hope they give Nam another shot though, I like watching him and he really hasn't had the easiest of opponents lately.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

12.23.2013 | 2:47 AM ET

Barry is super fan friendly as a person and a fighter. Soi can see why they would keep him around. They just have to sign some pure strikers to match him up with. His ground game was always a problem, but honestly his weak chin is whats really doing a number on him. Im glad hes still around. 

Nam saved himself with that performance against mizugaki, even though he lost. I think he got the leonard garcia pass. But theres no way they can justify keep him if he loses his next fight.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.23.2013 | 6:41 AM ET

Just 8 more male fighters to cut to make room for the 11 female straw-weight fighters for next year. barry, nam and I guess amagov is retiring so 8 more. when they add a 105 or 125 pound division more boring , losing  male fighters have to be cut too. Finally DW is getting with the new world order of fighting. Female MMa fights deliver. only half of male fights deliver. Do the math.

* Edited at 12.23.2013, 6:43 AM ET *

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,297  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

12.23.2013 | 10:37 AM ET

Edwin Figeuroa, Dustin Pague, Godofredo Pepey, Jeremy Larsen, Josh Clopton, Tiequan Zhang, Roger Bowling, Mac Danzig, and Jared Hamman could all be cut. There are a few guys on the fence that could hang around. Also there are a bunch of people who haven't fought in over 18 months or a presumed to be retired that are still on the roster. Never one to tell someone to retire, but there is a group of older fighter that need to hang em up soon.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,337  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

12.23.2013 | 10:40 AM ET

Didn't Zhang have a coaching gig on TUF: China? If so, I'm sure they will give him 1 more shot (if he still wants to fight).

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

12.23.2013 | 10:41 AM ET

Tiequan Zhang is coaching TUF China so he won't be cut for a while. Not sure how good the guy hes coaching against is but if he wins it could be even longer.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

12.23.2013 | 10:44 AM ET

The coaches won't be fighting at the end of TUF China, Ao retired years ago. Zhang will have at least 1 fight left for the Macau card, if he loses I'm sure he's gone.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,046  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

12.23.2013 | 10:45 AM ET

yea Zhang is the coach of Team Dragon . and the Coach of Team Lion is the Retired Ao Hailin . so don't think Zhang will get cut not sure who he will fight next tho .

Edit : i was beat to it let the Dogs out in the middle of my post lol .

* Edited at 12.23.2013, 10:46 AM ET *

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,297  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

12.23.2013 | 11:30 AM ET

I knew Zhang was coaching, but still think he should get cut.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Elle Brooke Says Paige VanZant Didn’t Intimidate Her During Face-Off Despite Huge Height Difference
  • Middle Easy : Amanda Ribas Stalked By ‘Crazy Guy’ Claiming To Be Her Husband From Hotel To UFC P.I.
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Are you kidding me?’: Kendra McIntyre uncorks ferocious head kick knockout at LFA 182
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Says Ilia Topuria Trash Talks Like An ‘Angry Girlfriend’, Talks Ryan Garcia Betting On Himself
  • MMA Mania : Video! Garcia Awkwardly Shadowboxes For Amused Trump
  • MMAFighting.com : Ben Rothwell explains why he spars ‘religiously’ but doesn’t go full Sean Strickland with teammates
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 predictions: Matheus Nicolau or Alex Perez in Las Vegas?
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Means vs. Uros Medic prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Matheus Nicolau willing to cut weight twice in one week for UFC 301 backup spot
  • Middle Easy : Tito Ortiz ‘Incredibly Honored’ To Be Sworn In As Honorary Sheriff In Florida
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Start Time, Full Fight Details!
  • MMA Junkie : Jonathan Pearce vs. David Onama prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Junkie : Jhonata Diniz vs. Austen Lane prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry appreciates he’s the A-side now in all his fights, but still wants biggest names possible
  • MMA Mania : KnuckleMania 4 Start Time, Fight Card Details
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva vs. Ariane da Silva prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 55